I was playing last night in Party's Super Monday, played great for about 5 hours, was as high as 140k, but at 2AM had a stack of 70k. I got QQ in MP, and came in for a raise. The next guy to act folded, and the guy after him thought for a long time about his decision. At that point I realized he wasn't thinking and I saw the 2 worst words you can see.CONNECTION LOST...I tried resetting the modem, no luck, I tried the other computer, no luck. Finally I called the cable company and after about 10 minutes heard "Yes, there was an emergency outage and emergency maintenance needed for Bay City Michigan. I'm sorry." At that point I hung up the phone, and basically sat there waiting for it to come back until about 3AM when I figured I'd be blinded off anyways.I guess it's just a danger of internet poker, but it freakin sucks.

Wow that really sucks. I actually had the same expierience but it was early so I can't complain. Losing a connection for a while is sooooo frustrating. I can't even imagine losing it in a tourney that big and deep man, sorry to hear it.

Happened to me in a sit-n-go once. Woke up the next morning and found out I came in 3rd!

My condolences....I don't think I would have handled it is calmly as you seem to be...
Well, what can ya do? Whether I destroy some crap or not, the internet's not comin back on and I have no way of playing. Plus, getting real pissed would involve waking up the parents at 3 AM, which isn't a good idea.
Well, what can ya do? Whether I destroy some crap or not, the internet's not comin back on and I have no way of playing. Plus, getting real pissed would involve waking up the parents at 3 AM, which isn't a good idea.
You shoulda called out to an FCPer you trust....then again...I can't think of anybody I would trust with my account....but still....sucks...where did you finish ?
You shoulda called out to an FCPer you trust....then again...I can't think of anybody I would trust with my account....but still....sucks...where did you finish ?
Finished 23rd for about $900. I would've called someone, but I didn't have anyone's number.
Finished 23rd for about $900. I would've called someone, but I didn't have anyone's number.
Well I'm on most nights, you ever need assistance again you can PM, but I can't guarantee I won't win and run to the bahamas...or Puerto Rico with Calvin Ayre...
Well I'm on most nights, you ever need assistance again you can PM, but I can't guarantee I won't win and run to the bahamas...or Puerto Rico with Calvin Ayre...
I think the point is that he couldn't PM someone because he didn't have an internet connection.Bad beat Zim.
Yeah I destroyed some crap. I was much more pissed off that I didn't have connection then later busting with top set to runner runner flush. Its so frustrating knowing that you have no control over your tournament.
I was playing last night in Party's Super Monday, played great for about 5 hours, was as high as 140k, but at 2AM had a stack of 70k. I got QQ in MP, and came in for a raise. The next guy to act folded, and the guy after him thought for a long time about his decision. At that point I realized he wasn't thinking and I saw the 2 worst words you can see.CONNECTION LOST...I tried resetting the modem, no luck, I tried the other computer, no luck. Finally I called the cable company and after about 10 minutes heard "Yes, there was an emergency outage and emergency maintenance needed for Bay City Michigan. I'm sorry." At that point I hung up the phone, and basically sat there waiting for it to come back until about 3AM when I figured I'd be blinded off anyways.I guess it's just a danger of internet poker, but it freakin sucks.
that happened to me once and was blinded out. freakin optus cable!!

the real question is, how many were left when u lost connection??cuz i suffered 3 bad beats in 1 rotation last night to lose a chip lead of double 2nd places stack, to be knocked out.thats bad beats

the real question is, how many were left when u lost connection??cuz i suffered 3 bad beats in 1 rotation last night to lose a chip lead of double 2nd places stack, to be knocked out.thats bad beats
Your literacy excites me....you just playing at FCP ?
There were 40 left when I went out. I don't care that I could've gotten 40th, I at least want to control it. Finishing 23rd nets me a couple hundo more than 40th, but having that good of a shot at 1st is huge.
I tried resetting the modem, no luck, I tried the other computer, no luck. Finally I called the cable company and after about 10 minutes heard "Yes, there was an emergency outage and emergency maintenance needed for Bay City Michigan. I'm sorry." At that point I hung up the phone, and basically sat there waiting for it to come back until about 3AM when I figured I'd be blinded off anyways.
I used to work in Bay City. I grew up in Midland. Lots of Michiganders here on FCP. Small Internet...Anyway, if worse comes to worse, I've always figured that I could drive into where I work and finish my game (even at 3am). If anyone ever noticed that I came in at 3am, I'm not sure what I'd say, but at least the opportunity is there. I'm sure I'd miss a couple blinds, but that wouldn't normally be too bad. I was about 3 minutes away from doing just that one night, but then my connection came back. :)Sucks tho. Killer beat.
Your literacy excites me....you just playing at FCP ?
I excite myself at times too.ya, so far just FCP, i'm only playing the HU league and now the 2500 qualifiers for the next 2 months.I have my roll on Tiger Gaming, but I dont have the time to wanna grind.so you can catch me on FCP weekday nights and sundays rocking out with top set vs q high flush draws, and losing to the chasers.
Would this work anyway? I mean, wouldn't the poker site notice you were playing from one place, and then all of a sudden you were playing from somewhere miles away? Or are you allowed to have someone else play from your account?
There is still a land line in my house, so I have an emergency dial-up account for situations like this.
Nope... I do it all the time switching from my desktop computer to my laptop... just quit the application on one computer, then re-sign in on the other computer and resume the tourny...