• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rob McElhenney @RMcElhenney · Feb 5 Yes that was a 13 min long single shot. It was done 6 mos before Birdman. BUT 6 mos after TrueDetective. And 60 YEARS after Touch of Evil.

i laughed out loud, hard, when it flew off into the crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the phone off and on..did I miss a big reveal? I kept waiting for this to turn out of be Charlie's hallucination from huffing paint or something. In what world does Charlie not only deduce the scam but improve upon it? It felt like a long setup to a joke that never materialized...is this one of those "meta" things? I think I need to re-watch when I can focus on it.

I appreciated the cinematography nods, I actually thought the continuous shot was TD inspired (Dennis' increasingly strung out looking McConaughey bit tickled me a place that if Loretta were to tickle me I would be all "Mmmm, that feels nice.") I guess there was just something about the premise that felt unfulfilled. Unless that was too was an homage, I admit I'm not as much of a film buff as I once was and didn't see most of the Oscar contenders from this year.

I have not seen birdman, I only go to theaters anymore for FX driven flicks. That being said, after being able to sit and watch sans distraction my appreciation of the episode has grown. It wasn't that ever disliked the episode, I just didn't catch a lot of the little things that elevate the episode and tie the story up properly.

Also, could we be starting to see foreshadowing of the final season? Everyone that was normal (by this group's standards) is spiraling down into sheer madness while Charlie is becoming a somewhat functional human being? Maybe he'll actually get the waitress in the end but dump her because she doesn't like milk steak? Just some thoughts that popped into my head...

also, I feel you on FX movies. There are few of those that I really want to see, unless they are something unusual ( Like Gravity) or something hilarious. I Also go see movies that I think will be really, really good in the theatres, as I think there is something about seeing a great movie on the big screen, that just can't be replicated at home, including my complete and undivided attention.

I don't know if I believe him. Every time Charlie went through a door they did a close up on his shirt and could have easily hidden a cut in there. But whatever, it's still cool, and I want to believe him.

I watched it a 3rd time and I enjoy it more with each viewing. Boy, do I feel the fool for not paying attention on first pass.

How are these guys getting so much better with this show year after year? By season 10 shouldn't they be basically phoning it in and trotting out the old standards?

• Like 2

I didn't like last week's episode. This week was good.

Is Dennis starting to look fat? What's the deal with his body in this week's episode?