I'm still loving that episode. I've watched it 3 times this week and twice last week. (It's an awesome study break during finals)I ran across this Sunny blog: (could this person be stupider)

"Turns out, Sweet Dee did not get pregnant by a man she slept with, she was the surrogate for the tranny Carmen and her husband. Obviously with Carmen being a tranny she cannot get pregnant, and her African American husband cannot have a baby, which is why the baby is white.They used Carmen's sperm, and an egg donor.This is not the first time Sweet Dee thought about becoming a surrogate, she attempted to become one during the episode "The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis".In the end, I am a little disappointed Sweet Dee is not the mother of the child. I thought adding a baby into the mix could have been for some great episodes. When the gang found the dumpster baby, the things they did was hilarious. I was a bit miffed at the inaccuracy of delivering a baby, and Sweet Dee just handing the baby over to Carmen and her husband. In the real world, it does not all happen that quick in less than a day, but for a 30 minute episode those are things that must be over looked by the audience.If you are looking for what song played during the end of "Dee Gives Birth" while she is being wheeled out, it is called "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush and can be found on YouTube Here. You can also see a list of the best quotes from "Dee Gives Birth" here.What did you think about no one actually getting Sweet Dee pregnant? Were you looking forward to a baby being thrown in the mix, or not? Are you happy with the outcome? You can leave your comments below! (To watch free stream of "Dee Gives Birth" click here, or click on the video to the left)"
That would have been terrible. I'm so happy how they handled it.
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rob McElhenney @RMcElhenney · Feb 5 Yes that was a 13 min long single shot. It was done 6 mos before Birdman. BUT 6 mos after TrueDetective. And 60 YEARS after Touch of Evil.

i laughed out loud, hard, when it flew off into the crowd.

One thing that I did learn though, is that I really like David Hornsby. He's had a hand in writing a bunch of great episodes (including last weeks), and I'll keep my eye out for him in the credits in the future.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say last nights was one of my top 3 episodes ever....starting out with Charlie arguing that 2 people can't have the same "lefts". I laughed a lot. I busted up when Charlie had to give the little robot back to the old dude and under his breath he was like "Man, I don't even know you" or something like that. Oh and side note, I knew I recognized Rickety Cricket from somewhere and now I know it was the Joe Schmo Show. He was pretty funny on there too.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say last nights was one of my top 3 episodes ever....starting out with Charlie arguing that 2 people can't have the same "lefts". I laughed a lot. I busted up when Charlie had to give the little robot back to the old dude and under his breath he was like "Man, I don't even know you" or something like that. Oh and side note, I knew I recognized Rickety Cricket from somewhere and now I know it was the Joe Schmo Show. He was pretty funny on there too.
shit, i thought the baby episode was the season finale. God damn it.
last night was a rerun of the christmas ep from s05. don't know whether it ever aired before or what... I think it was on DVD, or something.
it never aired beforeEDIT: that doesn't sound right, grammatical-like.it done never aired beforethat's better.

In Graydon defense, the Christmas episode at the end of season 5 is my favorite episode of the entire series.

Boy do I feel like an idiot. Thank you brvheart. I remember seeing that there was a Christmas DVD too last year or whenever it was, but never connected the two. I feel like Charlie after the episode where they told him he was turning on the "CLOSED" sign instead of the "COORS" sign...

• 2 weeks later...
I just picked up Season's 1-5 for $39.96. I've never seen an episode.
I hope it included the Christmas episode from season 5. If not, you'll have another DVD to buy.ps. Get ready to live. You'll be sold from the very first cold open, where Sweet Dee brings her black friend to the bar.
  • 7 months later...
best apart about that article isthat it says the show was renewed for 2 more seasons.
I'm gonna sleep well tonight.