• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rob McElhenney @RMcElhenney · Feb 5 Yes that was a 13 min long single shot. It was done 6 mos before Birdman. BUT 6 mos after TrueDetective. And 60 YEARS after Touch of Evil.

i laughed out loud, hard, when it flew off into the crowd.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty surprised that no one has said anything about the premier.I thought it was fine. It was no where never as good as last year premier with The P-Diddy style shrimping boat.I was also immediately worried about the Mac gains weight "joke". So far, it was not a good idea. I don't see how they can keep it funny and fresh for who knows how many episodes. I mean, how mnay times will he be talking about "bulking up" this season?

I'm pretty surprised that no one has said anything about the premier.I thought it was fine.
I thought it was a solid episode. Not a classic, but certainly not a letdown.
I was also immediately worried about the Mac gains weight "joke". So far, it was not a good idea. I don't see how they can keep it funny and fresh for who knows how many episodes. I mean, how mnay times will he be talking about "bulking up" this season?
I totally disagree. That's like asking how many times will he talk about karate, or how many times Dennis will talk about being handsome, etc. I think they did a good job of not going overboard with the fact thing and leaving plenty of room for more storylines and jokes in the future. It's just...HE GAINED 50 POUNDS FOR THE HUMOR OF BEING A FAT GUY! You can't overstate how amazing that is.

I have high hopes that they'll at least stay solid. They seem to be past the phase of the characters being caricatures of themselves, which was half the battle for a few seasons. The blood puking was awesome, by the way.

The blood puking was awesome, by the way.
I don't know. I thought the first two pukes were good. Very funny. I thought the puke on Frank was predictable and unfunny, but I also was watching this entire episode with a wary eye. I don't want this show to drop off in quality at all, and I'm a little worried.
I don't know. I thought the first two pukes were good. Very funny. I thought the puke on Frank was predictable and unfunny, but I also was watching this entire episode with a wary eye. I don't want this show to drop off in quality at all, and I'm a little worried.
Dude, the comedy rule of three.
Im kinda shocked at the dislike of the first episode on here. It was way better than that two part dennis gets married episode that started off last year
WAY better. It was absolutely an average episode, which for Sunny means it was pretty funny.
WAY better. It was absolutely an average episode, which for Sunny means it was pretty funny.
Good point. Value-over-replacement. If I were Wang this is where I would examine all the other shows in that particular time slot and create a ratings system out of 100 to compare the quality of each show with all the others.
Good point. Value-over-replacement. If I were Wang this is where I would examine all the other shows in that particular time slot and create a ratings system out of 100 to compare the quality of each show with all the others.
That's what you would do if you were Wang in 2008. If you were Wang now you would say you're going to do it but fail to follow through.Yeah, I'm bitter.
Im kinda shocked at the dislike of the first episode on here. It was way better than that two part dennis gets married episode that started off last year
Oh don't get me wrong. I definitely agree with you. I thought "The Gang Buy a Boat" was the season premier last year, and that is one of my all time favorite episodes.
Oh don't get me wrong. I definitely agree with you. I thought "The Gang Buy a Boat" was the season premier last year, and that is one of my all time favorite episodes.
I believe that episode should be referred to by a more the more Curb-ian name.. "The Implication"

I think "The Gang Buys A Boat" was my favorite episode from last season. I've probably watched it 6 or 7 times as it tends to be the recent episode I show people to get them hooked. "The Gang Gets A New Member" was also quite good too though.As for the first episode of this season, I was LOL during the puking blood part. Some of the denim lines were pretty funny too.It's interesting to see how much Frank has devolved. I went back and watched some of the early episodes recently (the pilot "The Gang Gets Racist" is simply an amazing bundle of comedy) and then a couple of episodes from season 2. Frank is so clean-cut and sensible.