• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rob McElhenney @RMcElhenney · Feb 5 Yes that was a 13 min long single shot. It was done 6 mos before Birdman. BUT 6 mos after TrueDetective. And 60 YEARS after Touch of Evil.

i laughed out loud, hard, when it flew off into the crowd.

really? I thought there was something really funny about the blatant absurdity of them eating steaks at dave and busters, of all places.
The first D&B scene I was kind of annoyed but the more blatant and over the top with it they got the more amused I became.The paddy's bucks was south park-esque it's commentary.The whole Charlie/Uncle dialogue had me giggling. "I know what wrestling looks like...."
also the gratuitous coors product placement I loved. Normally I hate PP's, but they pulled it off pretty hilariously I thought.
that one was what really sold me.The mountains are BLUE. Doesn't it look delicious?The only real fault I'm finding with the ep was that there were so many potentially hilarious setups left unfulfilled. I imagine there is a shitload of potential in any ONE of these:Shanty townHomeless CharlieShit Crabbing
that one was what really sold me.The mountains are BLUE. Doesn't it look delicious?
After that part I was wondering if it really was product placement...I mean, I figured it had to be, but it's so out of character for the show. If anything they would typically just riff off the ridiculousness of the "cold activated" package. But then, as I was about to be disappointed about the whole thing, they went with the fantastic route of continuing the placement with Charlie's "Coors sign" bit, which put it over the top and made it funny again.
After that part I was wondering if it really was product placement...I mean, I figured it had to be, but it's so out of character for the show. If anything they would typically just riff off the ridiculousness of the "cold activated" package. But then, as I was about to be disappointed about the whole thing, they went with the fantastic route of continuing the placement with Charlie's "Coors sign" bit, which put it over the top and made it funny again.
The thing that I didn't like was when D&B's actually had the "This show is sponsored by" at one of the breaks. I'm not sure why, but it seemed like too much.
The thing that I didn't like was when D&B's actually had the "This show is sponsored by" at one of the breaks. I'm not sure why, but it seemed like too much.
Eek...I didn't notice that. I do have to say, they could have sold out either in a less obvious or more funny way. But whatever, that's life, and the season has been great, so I won't complain too much.

Who is the girl who played the slug? She looks very familiar.When she was giving Frank a Handy under the table I almost died.So much good tonight. There was something else that made my wife and I have to pause it because we were laughing so hard, but I can't remember what it was now. Charlie throwing salt at the slug was amazing.

has anyone else been working in Bozo into their casual conversations?
No but I have quite honestly been thinking about that scene for awhile, and how hilarious it would be to call strangers Bozo all the time. I don't think I have the guts to really do it though. Like, it's one thing calling your friend a bozo. It's another thing saying it to a store clerk that just rang up your order.
No but I have quite honestly been thinking about that scene for awhile, and how hilarious it would be to call strangers Bozo all the time. I don't think I have the guts to really do it though. Like, it's one thing calling your friend a bozo. It's another thing saying it to a store clerk that just rang up your order.
Start small, and ease it to it.. try telling a indian quik-e mart guy or a mexican taco truck guy, they won't know what bozo means anyway..
YES! This is why the dialed back charlie is so good.. because when they turn up the volume on him now, he slays..
I just can't stop agreeing with you about the Charlie situation. God this season has been fucking amazing. The intervention was unreal...it was just so perfect the way it went down, ending in Charlie salting the slug and them celebrating with can wine, having completely forgotton why they were there in the first place.Anyone else notice that Artemis is coming back for next week's episode? I can only imagine that it's going to be yet another winner.
Yes, she is Chloe from 24. The scene where Charlie salted her killed me.
I recognized her mostly from "Punch-Drunk Love".There were definitely quite a few funny moments in the past couple of episodes, but nothing that had me falling off the couch like the road trip episode.I think that "The Slug" was pretty funny, even if it was obvious that Charlie would be salting her by the end. It's hard to top the McPoyles though...so I hope they're eventually coming back. Maybe they'll combine forces with the Slug? Also, the Waitress has been pretty conspicuously absent lately.One problem I'm having with Frank is that he seems to have gone from eccentric with moments of evil intelligence to gross, obnoxious insanity.

Yeah, obviously charlie was going to salt her, but when he did.. man.. it delivered. The waitress usually only makes one or two appearances a season. I believe she is also the actor who plays charlie's RL wife.

One problem I'm having with Frank is that he seems to have gone from eccentric with moments of evil intelligence to gross, obnoxious insanity.
Like Charlie from the past few seasons. But maybe the intervention episode gets him back to "normal". He definitely did slowly spiral from his first entrance to the gang.
I actually don't mind an extreme, crazy frank. IT seems to suit devito better.
I think it definitely fits the character better.
I actually don't mind an extreme, crazy frank. IT seems to suit devito better.
I think he's always been somewhat crazy. I just feel like he's dirty animal crazy lately as opposed to scheming crazy. Obviously that may've been intended for the setup of the Intervention episode.