Tournament Of Champions At The Rio

Anyone notice that Kantor is 3rd in chips?Maybe he is better then people think?1Daniel Negreanu$58,500 2Andrew Black$50,500 3Aaron Kanter$42,000 4Mike Matusow$28,200 5Chris Ferguson$18,500 5Mike Sexton$18,500 7Thang "Kido" Pham$18,000 8Daniel Bergsdorf$13,000 9Darrell Dicken$12,500 10Gus Hansen$9,500LoL Right after I post this Kantor goes bust on the bubble! With TPTK. Never mind- He might be really bad after all.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1Andrew Black$94,175 2Daniel Negreanu$44,3253Mike Matusow$21,3004Chris Ferguson$18,500 5Thang "Kido" Pham$18,000 6Mike Sexton$16,1007Darrell Dicken$15,425 8Daniel Bergsdorf$13,000 9Gus Hansen$7,375 10Chris Reslock$6,375 Anyone else impressed with Andrew Black... he's the guy that made that move against Ivey with 3 tables left in the ME last year.

Good stuff, Daniel. Maybe tomorrow you can help Mike have one of his famous Matusow blow-ups. That would be fun. :club: Good luck tomorrow.

Wiki says Andew Black discarded all his possessions and lived in a semi-monastic Buddhist environment for 5 years after exiting the 1998 WSOP.This guy sounds like quite a character. Any good stories of him that people have heard? Does he have monk-like calm at the table?Just curious.I found this interesting (article linked to the wiki entry):"My experience of Buddhist practice means that I also include how I am, how I am treating the other players, and how I respond to both winning and losing. You can disregard that feeling, just like in life, but in poker you get immediate payback. It's always the same lesson: when your actions are not in accordance with how things are, you suffer.” Losing is one of poker's hard lessons. As well as being highly intelligent, Black is a clearly a very emotional man. “Because of the element of chance, you can do everything right and still lose. You get hit by unbelievable body blows, which are dictated by statistical probabilities. I work with this by saying, 'This will happen.'” I ask what it was like to lose that hand at the World Championship. Black's face creases: “It was so painful, you have no idea. Afterwards, while I was playing, I was trying to hold the pain without being overwhelmed; to remind myself that what had happened is now the past and I am in the present. Even now, I'll be sitting in meditation turning over the same six or seven hands. That's my practice.”

I sincerely hope this is indicative of the next month that DN and the other FCP'ers will have at the WSOP... Good job DN. Good luck to the rest of FCP crew.
I certainly hope this good start propels DN and the other FCP'ers to a great WSOP ..... but it'll be long month of hanging around my computer, watching the updates. I won't get anything else done! ... But that's OK :club: llou

Andrew Black was very impressive last year in the main event. I recall him going into a crazy bluff war with Phil Ivey preflop, Blind vrs blind. Both new the other was weak. Finally Ivey folded- pretty impressive to run him over.If I remeber right he finally lost to a bad beat put on him by Kantor. Kind of poetic justice that he took him out this time around.

Has anyone been down there to watch the TOC? Is it accessible? Thinking about going down in a while...getting myself primed for the WSOP by watching DN take down the TOC!

No updates today? Daniel's already been in a couple key hands....Pasted from CP coverage:Mon Jun 26 14:59:00 PDT 2006Daniel Bergsdorf Eliminated 9thAfter a flop of Jd-9s-8h, Daniel Bergsdorf bets $20,000 and Daniel Negreanu raises to $50,000. Bergsdorf moves all in for his last $214,500 and is immediately called by Negreanu. Bergsdorf shows Kh-Kd but Negreanu turns over Qc-10c for the nut straight. The turn is the 8s, giving Bergsdorf some outs. But, the 7c on the river sends him to the rail in 9th place.Mon Jun 26 14:21:00 PDT 2006Gus Hansen Eliminated 10thDaniel Negreanu limps in from early position, Andrew Black raises to $16,000 and Gus Hansen pushes all in. Black calls with 9diamond9spade while Hansen flips over AclubKdiamond. The board comes 8heart3spade2heartQspadeJheart eliminating Gus Hansen in 10th place. Andrew Black continues to build his chip lead.Mon Jun 26 14:12:00 PDT 2006Darrell Dicken Rakes a PotDarrell Dicken raises to $12,000 and Daniel Negreanu calls from the button. The flop comes 8club7club7diamond, Dicken checks and Negreanu bets $20,000. Dicken calls and the turn is the 4diamond. Both players check. The river is the 9club and both players check again. Dicken shows pocket sixes while Negreanu mucks his hand.

No updates today? Daniel's already been in a couple key hands....Pasted from CP coverage:Mon Jun 26 14:59:00 PDT 2006Daniel Bergsdorf Eliminated 9thAfter a flop of Jd-9s-8h, Daniel Bergsdorf bets $20,000 and Daniel Negreanu raises to $50,000. Bergsdorf moves all in for his last $214,500 and is immediately called by Negreanu. Bergsdorf shows Kh-Kd but Negreanu turns over Qc-10c for the nut straight. The turn is the 8s, giving Bergsdorf some outs. But, the 7c on the river sends him to the rail in 9th place.Mon Jun 26 14:21:00 PDT 2006Gus Hansen Eliminated 10thDaniel Negreanu limps in from early position, Andrew Black raises to $16,000 and Gus Hansen pushes all in. Black calls with 9diamond9spade while Hansen flips over AclubKdiamond. The board comes 8heart3spade2heartQspadeJheart eliminating Gus Hansen in 10th place. Andrew Black continues to build his chip lead.Mon Jun 26 14:12:00 PDT 2006Darrell Dicken Rakes a PotDarrell Dicken raises to $12,000 and Daniel Negreanu calls from the button. The flop comes 8club7club7diamond, Dicken checks and Negreanu bets $20,000. Dicken calls and the turn is the 4diamond. Both players check. The river is the 9club and both players check again. Dicken shows pocket sixes while Negreanu mucks his hand.
Daniel isn't allowed to send updates from the final table but there's a pinned thread above discussing today's action.