So, I'm moving, and as a result, I'm making some changes in my life.You guys have occupied a great deal of my work/study/down time for the last year or so, and it is with a not-so-heavy-heart, I bid you all a very not-so-heartfelt, farewell. I truly, truly apologize if I've offended any of you, along the way. I do hope some of you learned a thing or two from me. And, even more than anything else, I hope you all just keep on keeping on. Some parting thoughts, I want you all, to keep in mind..--Don't chase flush/straight draws on paired boards.--Always, always, overplay open-ended/gutshot straight-flush(and straight+flush) draws in NLHE. --Don't fall in love with strippers.--Fuck the critics; Paris Hilton's new song is amazing--love it, learn it, live it.--As Robin Williams' character (DrawingABlankOnHisCharacter'sNameInDM) said in Dead Poet's Society.."Suck the marrow out of life." Even though it has some serious homosexual undertones, it's a very, very poignant, and stinging line. Do what you can, with what you've got, and never, ever, ever, look back--no regrets, and all that.--Smash really is a genius..and I'm not even kidding. Listen to him, look up his old posts, ask him questions, and for the love of Christ, think critically--and do it on your own.--Best of luck to those of you in the NLHE strat forums. Scott, David_N, Cobalt(You'll make us all proud, someday), Merby(wherever you went), Chief, Davin, TJ_Eckleburg, Jordan(congrats again, on the big cash)--you guys have certainly improved my game--hope I at least offered something intelligible from time to time.--Everyone else; A lot of you have made me laugh; a lot of you have made me doubt the public education system in this country; a lot of you have annoyed me beyond belief; a few of you, I really, truly, consider friends--and no matter what group you fall into, I wish you all nothing but the best. Anyone who wants to keep up can PM me--I'll check it eventually--and, I may or may not respond--either way, it's been real.-Erik

Good luck. I always found your insights invaluable in the NL strategy forums. Well, at least until I decided that I was too psychologically weak to beat NL cash games. But if you can, more power to you.Oh, and if you're trying to give up poker and not just the forum, I can guarantee you'll come back. No one quits poker, they just take breaks every now and then.

--Don't fall in love with strippers.
Could have used that advice 4 months ago.
--Smash really is a genius..and I'm not even kidding. Listen to him, look up his old posts, ask him questions, and for the love of Christ, think critically--and do it on your own.
I'm with you on this one also.

You've always contributed alot to this forum DDM. You will be missed. GL in the rest of your life.