Flopped Straight

Still early in a $4.40 180 on stars. No real reads on anybody.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB (t1720)BB (t2090)UTG (t1370)UTG+1 (t3340)MP1 (t1970)MP2 (t1570)Hero (t1425)CO (t1600)Button (t1015)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Jheart.gif, Qheart.gif. 4 folds, Hero calls t30, CO calls t30, 1 fold, SB raises to t150, BB calls t120, Hero calls t120, CO calls t120.Flop: (t600) Tclub.gif, 9heart.gif, Kdiamond.gif(4 players)SB bets t400, BB folds, Hero calls?? t400, CO calls t400.Turn: (t1800) 9spade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets t450, CO calls t450, SB calls t450.River: (t3150) Kspade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks??, CO checks.Final Pot: t3150

I would have to say raise the flop and push the turn. I think ur turn bet is pretty bad.
Yeah - if there was just one other player, then I could see just calling the flop bet to trap. Try a small raise on the flop to build up the pot.Turn card stunk but you have to push as you probably still have the best hand and you want to make the other players pay to stick around.
I uh play it the same
Really? We have like 925 left on the turn. I think you have to push. I don't mind the flop call though. No flush draws out there.

if we bet 450 we are raised and called by hands we beat, whereas a push limits are callers more.I'm going broke to a boat if raoised either way, but this way we get action from Kx and trips.I guess a push gets us more the times we have a scary river that misses everyone, thoughI'm still with OP..I think

I would have to say raise the flop and push the turn. I think ur turn bet is pretty bad.
raise the flop, then push turn?OP has 1200-ish left, are you gonna raise to 1100 then push your last 100 in the potpush flop
raise the flop, then push turn?OP has 1200-ish left, are you gonna raise to 1100 then push your last 100 in the potpush flop
I really wanted to give CO a chance to call the flop bet with a relatively weak holding. Would he not push any hand that he would call my raise with?On the turn i decided that if one of them boated up, i'm simply going broke. So i threw in a small bet. Maybe a push would have been better?Are we folding our last 425 to a river push with the pot giving us almost 8.5:1 ?Finally, is there any way we are betting that river?
I really wanted to give CO a chance to call the flop bet with a relatively weak holding. Would he not push any hand that he would call my raise with?On the turn i decided that if one of them boated up, i'm simply going broke. So i threw in a small bet. Maybe a push would have been better?Are we folding our last 425 to a river push with the pot giving us almost 8.5:1 ?Finally, is there any way we are betting that river?
this is excatly why not pushing by at least the turn is horrible. Youve just put in 80% of your stack and now may have to foldyour turn bet is horrible, you need to push there if you dont wanna push the flop
this is excatly why not pushing by at least the turn is horrible. Youve just put in 80% of your stack and now may have to fold
What about the majority of the time when the rivers bricks? Doesn't that put them in a situation where they are virtually commited to the pot, forcing them to call?I honestly think that i should have pushed the turn, I am just trying to look at this from different angles.
push flop
I agree with pushing this flop. I'm also probably raising PF to 90 and trying to take control of the hand, but I'm probably much LAGier than you. As is with the PF limp and call, I think the flop play is straight forward. SB has a big hand as he raised out of his freaking SB and he's bet a large portion of his stack so he is committed, push and double up with the nuts. Anyways, I don't think there is a big range of hands that CO is calling 400 with that he isn't calling off your all in with, he's putting in 1/3 of his chips on the flop too.None of you had very much money before the hand started, SB PF play and flop play dictate playing a big pot immediately, no need to trap, he already is trapped and CO is folding to 400 if he doesnt have a K and probably calling an all in if he does. I see no negative to pushing on the flop.
Yeah - if there was just one other player, then I could see just calling the flop bet to trap. Try a small raise on the flop to build up the pot.Turn card stunk but you have to push as you probably still have the best hand and you want to make the other players pay to stick around.
he nailed it.

Thanks guys. I guess I can show results now.SB: shows [Ac Js] (two pair, Kings and Nines)HERO: shows [Jh Qh] (a straight, Nine to King)CO: mucks hand ... [Qc Qd]

Thanks guys. I guess I can show results now.SB: shows [Ac Js] (two pair, Kings and Nines)HERO: shows [Jh Qh] (a straight, Nine to King)CO: mucks hand ... [Qc Qd]
I love how even if a player mucks you can still see thier hand