Anyone else see this premiere last Sunday?One of my new favorites right now. It's like Amazing Race but with clues and treasure. I'm enjoying it.But I'm a big treasure hunter kinda guy, so who knows.Any other opinions?

Anyone else see this premiere last Sunday?One of my new favorites right now. It's like Amazing Race but with clues and treasure. I'm enjoying it.But I'm a big treasure hunter kinda guy, so who knows.Any other opinions?
I enjoyed it - although 2 things annoyed me. I didn't like how all the teams start at the same time - it makes it possible to sort of "cheat" off of other teams progress rather then have to figure things out 100% on your own. I am guessing this is a time constraint issue - there would be too much seperate footage to fit into an hour show. Second, why the hell would you even consider giving another team an iota of help? This is a competition for a treasure right? I mean damn..
I enjoyed it - although 2 things annoyed me. I didn't like how all the teams start at the same time - it makes it possible to sort of "cheat" off of other teams progress rather then have to figure things out 100% on your own. I am guessing this is a time constraint issue - there would be too much seperate footage to fit into an hour show. Second, why the hell would you even consider giving another team an iota of help? This is a competition for a treasure right? I mean damn..
I guess they would be willing to give some help so they can try to take some help later if needed. But if i'm having a pretty easy time with things, I'm gonna be gone too fast to help. Like CIA... those guys are money so far.
I guess they would be willing to give some help so they can try to take some help later if needed. But if i'm having a pretty easy time with things, I'm gonna be gone too fast to help. Like CIA... those guys are money so far.
I loved how the "Geniuses" were the only morons that couldn't figure out it was Mt Rushmore.

I don't like that it is like "The Amazing Race". At the end of the show all of the teams end up at the same checkpoint. I'd rather see all of the teams just continue on. I suppose this adds more drama, but I hate seeing 4 teams all at the same place, then one figures out the clue, and magically the other 3 all figure it out right after that. Bleh.My favorite part was watching the Minister and his family. Evidently he has not heard of "Thou shalt not steal" and "Do unto others as you'd have done unto you". So far they are the team to hate.--RuffRidr

I'm going to have to conclude this show is stupid - I don't think i'm going to watch it anymore. Helping each other is dumb enough...but everyone starting every leg of the hunt together is RETARDED. Those southern hicks finished 11 hours behind everyone else, they should start the canoe trip 11 hours later! Freaking dumb.

I'm going to have to conclude this show is stupid - I don't think i'm going to watch it anymore. Helping each other is dumb enough...but everyone starting every leg of the hunt together is RETARDED. Those southern hicks finished 11 hours behind everyone else, they should start the canoe trip 11 hours later! Freaking dumb.
It doesn't matter when they start anything, they're beyond stupid, they won't last much longer.Heyyyyyy... We're hungry, lets drive 80 miles to get a burger, even though we could get eliminated.
It doesn't matter when they start anything, they're beyond stupid, they won't last much longer.Heyyyyyy... We're hungry, lets drive 80 miles to get a burger, even though we could get eliminated.
That was also ridiculous - I did want to kill them. If I were the producer of that show, i'd of been like - Ummm get the hell out of here you aren't on the show anymore. It woulda been just like Jerry!But stupid people and reality shows are a fact of life - it's why we like them sometimes. This show is just a useless conglomeration of hundreds of small tasks/races that really don't affect the outcome at the end of the day.
That was also ridiculous - I did want to kill them. If I were the producer of that show, i'd of been like - Ummm get the hell out of here you aren't on the show anymore. It woulda been just like Jerry!But stupid people and reality shows are a fact of life - it's why we like them sometimes. This show is just a useless conglomeration of hundreds of small tasks/races that really don't affect the outcome at the end of the day.
LOL I love those guys!The best one was last week when they were trying to figure out the Mount Rushmore puzzle. That guy was like hmmm 26 letters in the alphabet times two divided by ... My wife and I were like WTF is he talking about!Then this week when they were trying to decode that lewis and clark message he was all trying to read it sideways bwahhahahahahhaahahahaWhin dis thang is over ima gunna kick ur ass Ben, I sweer to God I am
LOL I love those guys!The best one was last week when they were trying to figure out the Mount Rushmore puzzle. That guy was like hmmm 26 letters in the alphabet times two divided by ... My wife and I were like WTF is he talking about!Then this week when they were trying to decode that lewis and clark message he was all trying to read it sideways bwahhahahahahhaahahahaWhin dis thang is over ima gunna kick ur ass Ben, I sweer to God I am
It's like watching the Chickens' :club:
The did start the canoe trip 11 hrs behind everyone else.How did you think the other teams were hours behind on a 20 mile canoe trip???Guess you better rethink the stupid part.
The did start the canoe trip 11 hrs behind everyone else.How did you think the other teams were hours behind on a 20 mile canoe trip???Guess you better rethink the stupid part.
No, I think they were behind because they overslept their alarm clock. All the other teams started at about the same time I think, and got behind because they were slow.
No, I think they were behind because they overslept their alarm clock. All the other teams started at about the same time I think, and got behind because they were slow.
Yep, everybody was allowed to start same time - the morons just didn't wake up in time. It's also easy to fall hours behind when you fall out of your canoe and end up on shore scratching your heads. And it's been like this for all the events - no time penalty whatsoever on the next leg. Now apologize sleuthis :club:
Yep, everybody was allowed to start same time - the morons just didn't wake up in time. It's also easy to fall hours behind when you fall out of your canoe and end up on shore scratching your heads. And it's been like this for all the events - no time penalty whatsoever on the next leg. Now apologize sleuthis :club:
No - watch the show again - how is it that 5 minutes down the river several teams were an hour behind???The starts were staggered - they just didnt make a big deal about it like they do on amazing race.

The show is too crappy for me to watch it again and focus on that - the fact is there is no advantage to finishing first and the only objective is to not finish last. This is a terrible rip off of Amazing Race with mostly uninteresting people and cheesy production/editing.I wasted my time on the first couple episodes of this show, no more.

I keep missing this ****ing show. When exactly is it on? My boos loves it and supposedly is making me DVD's of all the current episodes but I seem to miss when it is on.

lol they left the fat genius behind...now thats good tvi agree with an earlier poster saying they should just continue on with the hunt instead of all meeting at the same place. That really annoys me. Othen than that ill watch cause what else is on monday nights :club:

lol they left the fat genius behind...now thats good tvi agree with an earlier poster saying they should just continue on with the hunt instead of all meeting at the same place. That really annoys me. Othen than that ill watch cause what else is on monday nights :club:
If they did that though... there MIGHT be like 2 teams in contention... maybe 3. But most of the slow, fat, dumb teams would be so far behind it wouldn't be much of a show.
If they did that though... there MIGHT be like 2 teams in contention... maybe 3. But most of the slow, fat, dumb teams would be so far behind it wouldn't be much of a show.
I guess the real question is: Do you want a treasure hunt, or do you want to laugh at a bunch of slow fat dumb people. I think we know the answer already. And I think the producers knew this when they created it.That being said, I guess I was disappointed because I wanted an actual treasure hunt. Monday night is the new turn off TV and spend time with wifey night.
I guess the real question is: Do you want a treasure hunt, or do you want to laugh at a bunch of slow fat dumb people. I think we know the answer already. And I think the producers knew this when they created it.That being said, I guess I was disappointed because I wanted an actual treasure hunt. Monday night is the new turn off TV and spend time with wifey night.
You always have the Hell's Kitchen option.Which falls slightly below TH for me, so I turn to it on commercials.And I don't think it's so much whether they thought we'd watch a real treasure hunt or not. We would if we could... but logistically, it just wouldn't really work as a show. You'd have film crews all over the place, and one team would get so far ahead of the others, that there would be no point to even air the episodes at some point. They had to find a mix between the two. I also think they are starting to get a little better about penalizing you if you suck, as with the boat ticket thing. They probably wanted to start it off a bit easier.