Blair Rodman's Blog

I like Blair's writing, but I find the following passage odd:"I lost both of my races for the day—one with AQ vs 55, the other with AK vs K5. Had I won those, I could have a really healthy stack."Since when is AK vs K5 a race? There are multiple places in his blog where Blair refers to a situation like this as a "race". Is there some use of this terminology that I am not aware of?Thanks.

I like Blair's writing, but I find the following passage odd:"I lost both of my races for the day—one with AQ vs 55, the other with AK vs K5. Had I won those, I could have a really healthy stack."Since when is AK vs K5 a race? There are multiple places in his blog where Blair refers to a situation like this as a "race". Is there some use of this terminology that I am not aware of?Thanks.
I think it's a joke that just went over your head.
I think it's a joke that just went over your head.
Uhhh.... could be, but that would be a pretty well disguised joke. And again, he wrote similar things multiple times in his blog.
Uhhh.... could be, but that would be a pretty well disguised joke. And again, he wrote similar things multiple times in his blog.
Anytime you put all your chips in the pot pre-river, i consider it a race. Its a race to the river and the best hand. It doesnt really matter if you are even money or not. As long as you arent drawing dead, its a race. I have always felt that way.
Anytime you put on sweat bands, leg warmers, and shorter than short silk shorts i consider it a race. Its a race to the river AND the best hand. I saw it on extreme poker. It doesnt really matter if you are even money or not. As long as you arent drawing dead, and you are not too fat to run, its a race. I have always felt that way.
fyp

Anything closer than 60/40 is a race; anything worse is "a chance to suck out."

Delphi is wrong. End of argument.
Where is this stated that a race must be between 2 hands which are virtually equal in chances to win? All I said was how I FELT. Not what you should feel, or what is right or wrong. Just my thoughts.