Sweet putting stroke Daniel, love the video format. You need to get a pair of FootJoy MyJoys with FCP embroidered on them to complete the look. Go through the FootJoy website - you can build a pretty cool pair. I did, so worth it.Fairways and greens bro...Cheers.

I don't know if I like the video blog yet....It's just really weird, and it makes me pissed that I can't talk back to DN.

I don't know if I like the video blog yet....It's just really weird, and it makes me pissed that I can't talk back to DN.
I think its an excellent idea. With the World Series going off Danny will have less time to sit and write and he'll probably have to write for his columns when he can. The video blog is just a couple minute run down that he can do much more often (hopefully) than sit and write a blog. The only strange thing is that we dont really need to see :club: him to hear about how he's doing, so I imagine we'll be watching him play golf in all these V. Blogs or do something else????
The only strange thing is that we dont really need to see :club: him to hear about how he's doing, so I imagine we'll be watching him play golf in all these V. Blogs or do something else????
Well, that could be a little bit more than we want to know, lol.However, I have always wanted to learn to play golf. Not sure Daniel will be playing too much golf during WSOP, though...
I think its an excellent idea. With the World Series going off Danny will have less time to sit and write and he'll probably have to write for his columns when he can.
'Cause it's always easier to coordinate a video crew, shoot and edit a piece and post it to the web than type out a few paragraphs...
'Cause it's always easier to coordinate a video crew, shoot and edit a piece and post it to the web than type out a few paragraphs...
Cruel. Apparently, shooting a video takes longer, but images attract more people, as they are colorful and emotional. However, those with slow internet will be definitely missing out on that.

I like the video blog...makes Danny seem more like a real person and you can see the emotion on his face and all his reactions as he speaks. Keep it up Danny and best of luck this year.Bryan21

He's way better at video journaling than writing prose blogs.Maybe it's the MTV generation in him (Growing up with video confessionals and the like), but he comes off way more candid, humble and likable on video than in his written blogs.Not that what I ultimately think holds any weight, but I think the video blog was a good move on his part, and I'm beginning to see where the guy is coming from now. He's way less self-centered than I thought, and far more endearingly self-deprecating than one would think. He just has this cheeky, impish, ironic personality that comes off wrong in the written word. His stream of consciousness rants are pretty hilarious actually, such as the recent one where he's berating Canadian doctors and politicians about their putative knowledge of poker. It's weird because he's breaking this kind of fifth wall because the internet has already broken down the fourth wall--reality t.v. has been breaking the fourth wall for the past five years, but it's weirder on the internet because the internet inherently itself does a quasi-fourth wall collapse, and his video blog renders a strange sorta fifth wall breakdown. And in doing this, he's building bridges.Anyway, they are amusing video blogs. Good job buddy.

Yeah I can really see the video crew and editing took hours on this one! What do you figure there are 20? 30? guys in the backseat for lighting, miking, director, grips, make-up...roll sound....action? Huh it never occured to me that they might just throw a dv recording on the net in two minutes....SW

Just wanted to reiterate that THE VIDEO BLOG RULES, and is basically the only reason I am visiting the site, so don't change a thing. But seriously Daniel, stop being an old fogie and knocking hold' em, like 80% of your networth came from the stinking game, give others a chance to enjoy it. truly,self-absorbed guy

Is anyone else having trouble watching the video blog?The thing keeps stopping and starting all the time to where it's damn near impossible to get through. It seems like there is not enough bandwidth.So does my computer suck or does the website need some tweaking?

Just wanted to say that as an avid reader of the blog, I'm likin' the video blog. I wanted to thank you for doing the blog at all. I enjoy reading/watching. But I will agree with a previous poster that it is subconsciously frustrating that I can't carry on a dialogue. Haha. Anyway, keep it up.

lol the latest one is very cool. that golf whata you call it very coolmy favorite part of the latest one is at the start when you look up from the moniter and go "hey guys" like you where using the computer and looked up to see the camera man sitting there lol

Ok... so after seeing several of these.. I have to say I'm starting to like them.. A LOT. That being said... the bolded part is still true. I feel like I'm friends with Daniel now, but that he doesn't know me.
He's way better at video journaling than writing prose blogs.Maybe it's the MTV generation in him (Growing up with video confessionals and the like), but he comes off way more candid, humble and likable on video than in his written blogs.Not that what I ultimately think holds any weight, but I think the video blog was a good move on his part, and I'm beginning to see where the guy is coming from now. He's way less self-centered than I thought, and far more endearingly self-deprecating than one would think. He just has this cheeky, impish, ironic personality that comes off wrong in the written word. His stream of consciousness rants are pretty hilarious actually, such as the recent one where he's berating Canadian doctors and politicians about their putative knowledge of poker.
If he's bad at writing and you're good... thank God Daniel has been bad all these years, because I like what he says and it's funny... you on the other hand... bolded part: You just don't understand humor... which is why you can't relate to what he's saying in the written word. I have NEVER felt that Daniel was self centered even a little bit. And that's because he is being HUMOROUS! Unreal... you probably went to Harvard, right? Most people that don't understand basic humor think that they are really smart and have ZERO common sense. And that describes you perfectly.
It's weird because he's breaking this kind of fifth wall....BLAH BLAH BLAH
WTF!?!? shh... you're gonna piss off your mom.
Is anyone else having trouble watching the video blog?The thing keeps stopping and starting all the time to where it's damn near impossible to get through. It seems like there is not enough bandwidth.So does my computer suck or does the website need some tweaking?
yes. It works perfectly for most people.
I am also having problems viewing the newest blogs, even after downloading mediaplayer. The first two play fine though.
See above.
Just wanted to say that as an avid reader of the blog, I'm likin' the video blog. I wanted to thank you for doing the blog at all. I enjoy reading/watching. But I will agree with a previous poster thait it is subconsciously frustrating that I can't carry on a dialogue. Haha. Anyway, keep it up.
QFT!

2 things:1. I'm loving the video blog because you can actually get emotion out of it. Like the one where he's driving to the Rio. It would be totally different if you were reading it.2. When is the next one going to be up? I'm waiting on hearing his input about this tournament he's pwning.

If you are experiencing playback problems such as choppiness try hitting the pause button and letting the video download for a minute then click play. It should play fine then.The videos don't require mediaplayer, they require the latest flash plugin and that is all for both Mac and PC. If that doens't resolve your problem than I don't have an immediate solution for you.Thanks,Gov