Movies Men Are Allowed To Tear Up At

Kers, now that you mention it, seeing Mateen Cleaves' Smile in the dying seconds of the 2000 NCAA Championship gets me a little teary eyed.But, now I have to switch sides and become a Michigan fan, where I'm haunted by the phantom timeout.
lolI hate Mateen Cleaves. SU had that team beat in the 2000 tournament, and let it slip away.
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kers, now that you mention it, seeing Mateen Cleaves' Smile in the dying seconds of the 2000 NCAA Championship gets me a little teary eyed.But, now I have to switch sides and become a Michigan fan, where I'm haunted by the phantom timeout.
There is NO WAY MSU beats Iowa State that year... IF THE GAME WASN'T A HOME GAME FOR MSU... WTF!?!? 1,000 ISU fans and 21,000 MSU fans, give me a break... it still wasn't decided until the final minute. If that game was played in Ames, Iowa State would've won by 20.
I hate Mateen Cleaves. blah blah blah.
QFT

Matrix ReloadedStar Wars Episode 2Oh... you mean because it is sad, not it hurts too much to watch... whoops...umm... Metal Gear Solid? no, that's a video game.... hrm... the aformentioned Futurama episode did it.... but that's tv...movies... I got nothin... that I can remember...

Blowthe scene when george is recording a message to his father

Hello Dad. You know I remember a lifetime ago, when I was about 3 1/2 feet tall, weighing all of 60 pounds, but every inch your son. I remember those Saturday mornings going to work with my dad, we'd climb into that big green truck. I thought that truck... was the biggest truck in the universe pop. I remember how important the job we did was, how if it wasn't for us, people would freeze to death. I thought you were the strongest man in the world. And remember those home videos when mom would dress up like Loretta Young, barbeques and football games, ice cream, playing with the Tuna. And when I left for California only to come home with the FBI chasing me, and that FBI agent Trout had to kneel down to put my boots on and you said, "That's where you belong you son of a bitch, puttin on Georgie's boots." That was a good one pop, you remember that. And remember that time when you told me that money wasn't real. Well old man, I'm 42 years old, and I finally realize what you were trying to tell me, so many years ago. I finally understand. Your the best, pop, just wish I could have done more for you, wish we had more time. Anyway, may the wind always be at your back, and the sun always upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars. I love you Dad. Love George.
this scene absolutely destroyed me the first time i saw it.. this and the end when he imagines that he sees his daughter coming to visit him.. i don't remember ever crying that hard while watching a movie
Also, Hardball with Keanu Reeves, where the kid gets shot in the street. I don't think you can't cry during that movie. If you haven't seen it, it's not a bad movie.
Do you mean the actual shooting or when Keanu Reeves is describing what happened in the game. That got me teary-eyed. It was something like "and just to watch............. as he raised his arms in the air in triumph. He lifted me to a better place.............he made me a better person, he made the whole world better." all while snifflying/cryingThere was much more to it but that's the jist.

"I love Brian Piccolo!"I'm not ashamed to admit that THAT still gets me.And the scene in the original "The Longest Yard" when caretaker dies......Cry cry cryI'll have moreWang

That is a really good list, all those movies are great and can make me a little teary eyed...however let's drop Shawshank and put ummm Titantic up there instead.
You're gay.:I hope no one notices that I teared up when I saw Titanic in the theatre face:
I got a little blurry eyed in Crash.
QFT Interestingly, I didn't cry the first time I saw it, but the second time I watched it I just lost it during the scene where Matt Dillon pulls the woman out of the flipped car. That has to be one of the best edited scenes ever.

We Were Soldiers was pretty emotional...Also, the first time I saw EuroTrip I cried because I was laughing so hard during the Robot Mime battle I couldn't help it!

also... you could add in Matrix Revolutions, because hell, even a 5 year old couldn't have messed up that trilogy so badly.
You can't get any more QFT than that.....I didn't even bother buying Revolutions.

F - Colonel Shaw"Yes sir, we'd be honored to volunteer for the suicide mission that will leave us all dead and have about a 2% chance of being remotely successful. I tell you that battle scene and the opening scene in Saving Private Ryan - I'd be like - you dudes are all very noble but f-uck I'm outta here!

Hey buddy, did you see that nerd over there?Jock: Excuse me?
I am so smart, I am so smart...S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T.
There is NO WAY MSU beats Iowa State that year... IF THE GAME WASN'T A HOME GAME FOR MSU... WTF!?!? 1,000 ISU fans and 21,000 MSU fans, give me a break... it still wasn't decided until the final minute. If that game was played in Ames, Iowa State would've won by 20.
QFTGDI remember when that game happened, I was in 3rd grade, and my friend told me that the FBI was going to look into the refs to see if they were payed off......and I believed him.Oh, I've actually never cried during a movie but "Where The Red Fern Grows" should be added.

PhiladelphiaRudyRemember the TitansJerry MacGuireI Am SamHardballBeachesSchindler's ListEvery Episode of Extreme Home Makemover (not a movie but still OK)