Fcp Forum Speak Glossary

**** you all tell me how! I've tried not asking in other threads so I dont sound like a newb :club:
Please refrain from using offensive language or aggressive behavior towards fellow members of FCP's Poker Forum. At times, however, topics may present spirited debates and as such FCP's staff has implemented word filtering to censor certain words commonly viewed as offensive or vulgar. These word filters are in place to inspire a clean and friendly environment for all; we ask that all members respect that when posting messages.
That said, I know some language filters can be "circumvented" by adding a cleverly positioned italics/bold code.
  • Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea check 1/2 of this idiots posts. F this and F that....he thinks he is being clever. Ive already PMed the mods about this clown. (his previous F bomb laden post on this thread was already 'edited' quietly)Its a miracle the mods haven't booted his *** already

yea check 1/2 of this idiots posts. F this and F that....he thinks he is being clever. Ive already PMed the mods about this clown. (his previous F bomb laden post on this thread was already 'edited' quietly)Its a miracle the mods haven't booted his *** already
MY BAD!
Maybe it's just me, but being "coolered" might be a good addition to the list. I don't think it's a widespread term, I know I haven't seen it used apart from this forum.
thank you for getting this thread back on track :)I would also like to see "Cold Decked" added along with "Coolered"
Maybe it's just me, but being "coolered" might be a good addition to the list. I don't think it's a widespread term, I know I haven't seen it used apart from this forum.
REally? I hear cooler or coolered all the time.
I would also like to see "Cold Decked" added along with "Coolered"
It's not particularly poker-forum related, and I think it's pretty widely used in the poker world, so I was reluctant to put it in, but I have added 'coolered'.
It's not particularly poker-forum related, and I think it's pretty widely used in the poker world, so I was reluctant to put it in, but I have added 'coolered'.
If this term is more common than I am aware, certainly feel free to remove it, as its meaning is not terribly hard to figure out. "Cold-decked," however, I've definitely heard and read before.Thanks for the effort; perhaps it's time to consider culling some off the list before it gets really unmanagable, especially since some entries like "WSOP" I think are widely known to anyone coming to a poker forum. Along with coolered, here are some others that might possibly be considered, for either being too common or perhaps too obscure (even for a site glossary):Clarkmeister (does this get used more than once a month?)Harrah'sLCNCSIITPTTIUWPWPTWSOPetc...Obviously, I don't frequent most threads, let alone most forums, and of course, this is just my opinion. YMMV

ANd just for history, +1 originated on supercars.net, its purpose is not to bump the thread but to give it props, it is '+1' because you would rate the thread and giving it a '+1' was good. it was then spread by people like me. Sadly supercars.net dropped the system.

ANd just for history, +1 originated on supercars.net, its purpose is not to bump the thread but to give it props, it is '+1' because you would rate the thread and giving it a '+1' was good. it was then spread by people like me. Sadly supercars.net dropped the system.
Good addition. I wasn't ever clear on that. Definition has been modified.
I thought +1 was used to pad your post....Most people probably use it for that reason anyway....+1!!!!
I thought +1 was used to pad your post....Most people probably use it for that reason anyway....+1!!!!
You must have missed the part where he said that was how it originated, not how it's currently used here.To be fair, though, that was explained in the first three words and you obviously just missed that part, right at the beginning, and started at the middle of the first line. It's all good.Aces, thank you for the explanation. I always assumed it started here.
  • 2 weeks later...