Fcp Forum Speak Glossary

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the list - I'm glad I got most of them right on my own. I'll admit that I was afraid to use many of them in case I guessed wrong.Can anyone tell me what "EV" is, as in "+EV"? That one has me scratching my head, which most likely means it is not hard to figure out, but I'm just not seeing it.+1 would also be a good addition, though easier to figure out.
sure thing. No problem at all. You see with the growing craze of "blowing up" at the table in today's card room everything is now judged on the level of violence an action could cause. EV means "extremely violent". If an action is +EV it can cause violent blow ups at the table. if the action is -EV there is no conscern.Hope that helps.+1
Can anyone tell me what "EV" is, as in "+EV"? That one has me scratching my head, which most likely means it is not hard to figure out, but I'm just not seeing it.+1 would also be a good addition, though easier to figure out.
Both are added.

I think you should refine your expected value definition.Maybe something like: the sum of the probability of each possible outcome multiplied by its payoff ("value").Though people use it to just mean a good deal, so whatever.

You forgot the one most appropriate to this thread: TTIDAHWhy wouldn't you want to watch newbies run into walls? Don't give away knowledge. Knowledge is all we have to separate us from NWP. :club:

I think you should refine your expected value definition.Maybe something like: the sum of the probability of each possible outcome multiplied by its payoff ("value").Though people use it to just mean a good deal, so whatever.
If you want a formal definition, I think you're closer, but in a more general, slangy sense, you get stuff like...Girls are -EV.Sushi is +EV.
Conditioning = Knowingly folding the best hand.
That's an oldie, and I haven't seen it in a while, but it's added.
You forgot the one most appropriate to this thread: TTIDAHWhy wouldn't you want to watch newbies run into walls? Don't give away knowledge. Knowledge is all we have to separate us from NWP. :club:
This Thread Is Dumb As Hell? I didn't list it cause I haven't seen it before. =)Yeah, yeah...they can run into walls, but I think people get sick of having to explain TP/MM for the millionth time. This way, they only have to explain it 999,999 times.
Oh those are easy....UTG = Under the GiraffeBB= Big BettySB = Smelly BatsMP = Make PancakesTPTK = To Panama To KillTAG = Totally Absolutely GayLAG = Lower Abdomen Gastritis (thats a killer if you don't get check regularly)
:club::D:D:D:) I think I just LAG'ed all in my shorts.
POTD and GPOTD
'Post of the Day' and 'Greatest Post of the Day'?
I Hate Your Guts, Chump
Yeah, I guessed in the 'I Hate ...' direction too when my buddy told me. He was going for 'I Hope You Get Cancer'.
  • 1 month later...