Should I Have Gone To Showdown

The HandThe thing that concerned me most was the re-raise on the flop. Only called my raise though. That would eliminate a lot of the premium hands. The feasible hands he could have that would warrant that in my mind are KQ, 77 and KJ or less. With the three bet, I highly doubt he had a king with a weak kicker. There's no way a tight player could believe that King+rag was the best hand. Probably would call down at minimum. He was playing pretty tight (as is the rest of the table) and a three bet without the nuts is really rare (except from guys like me).I saved myself only $2. Should I have paid the $2 to get to showdown, or laid it down and possibly save it?
Yeah prob had AA because he was playing it like an over pair or AK. I agree with zach fold preflop.
Here's the thing:Why are we calling preflop if we're folding when we flop top pair? If we don't think flopped TP is going to be enough, we should fold preflop.Of course, KJo is a trap hand, and we are dominated by too much to call preflop, anyways.
Here's the thing:Why are we calling preflop if we're folding when we flop top pair? If we don't think flopped TP is going to be enough, we should fold preflop.Of course, KJo is a trap hand, and we are dominated by too much to call preflop, anyways.
True. I'd been drawing cold as of late and that was best hand in hours. I'm amazed that I had position postflop to begin with.Normally, I'd be able to play that hand (specifically at a table when most players fold easily). But when a rock not only was first to bet postflop, but makes it 3 bets when I raise and shows that much strength, it raises alarms for me and I decided to get out while I could.

I'm always left wondering if villain just wants me to think AK/KQ/AA and I"ll lay down my hand.After all, that K would scare hero unless he has KQ, for any other hand 3 bets preflop. Can we spend an extra 1/2 bet by waiting for the turn to raise ?why am I making Limit tough?I blame Screech.

Fold pf.Like I said before "good preflop decisions, let you avoid postflop disasters"

I have so many different thoughts on so many levels. First off the link to the hand is pretty cool. But then you can actually play the hand which is awesome. Then I realized that you were only talking about 50 cents. Who cares? Then I realized that you do not call a $1 bet into a $7 pot with top pair and a good kicker. wow...

I have so many different thoughts on so many levels. First off the link to the hand is pretty cool. But then you can actually play the hand which is awesome. Then I realized that you were only talking about 50 cents. Who cares? Then I realized that you do not call a $1 bet into a $7 pot with top pair and a good kicker. wow...
Two things. First, I agree with everyone else, fold this pre-flop. Second is for Jeff. You came in to the MICRO limit poker forum and realized he was only talking about $0.50, then say who cares? Might want to think about that one.

Jeff:so are you hoping villain is just bluffing with us and won't bet the river, or does and we win more than 4.5 : 1 times ?It's 8.25:1 for the turn, but we have another street to play.think in terms of bets not $$$'s. It helps to do that when you stoop down to critique the micro kids.

if you are going to call preflop....options1) just call down the whole way2) raise fold turn free showdownI think you are going to fold the best hand a lot playing it the way you did. lots of hands might threebet you there. when a coldcaller raises your bet on the flop people tend not to trust them to have anything.and never cold call first in after a raise. that is a reraise or fold situation 100% of the time.

and never cold call first in after a raise. that is a reraise or fold situation 100% of the time.
Thank you.........that's a key point that I keep forgetting in the moment.And thanks Nuts for posting this hand........I would have called preflop too, called the reraise on the flop, then gone into call down mode. I'm sure I have played this "wrong" many times