1/2 NL live.. 9 handed.. bought in with 100.. 2nd hand.. bad beat.. down to 60.. now im UTG +2 with A :club: K :D .. raise it to 8.. folds around to button.. big stack at table with about 180.. no read at all.. raises to 16.. blinds fold and i call..HU on the flop.. A :D 6 :D 2 :) i check.. and he bets 6.. i re-raise to 12 with the intention of making it seem like i want a call and hoping he would fold because of it [which in hindsight i think is a total donk move].. and he reraises me all in..couple questions.. why would he bet small on the flop? was he trying to suck me in since he flopped the flush? could he have re-raised all in because he thought i was weak? [which i was, since TPTK is far from a lock] also, this is an easy fold right? [or is it because i have about 1/2 my stack in there already?] still learning the ropes.. and any critiques/complaints/suggestions are welcome..

As played, you have to fold this.Instead of min-raising, push.He reraised you preflop, and if you view that conventionally, it should narrow his range to AA-JJ and AK. For KK-JJ, if he's holding a club, his equity is from 40-43%. If you push, you give him about 2.1-1 which translates to him needing 32%, so he's likely to call you if he has a club. So you're not pricing him out, but what you are doing is making it impossible for any non club hand to kick you out of this pot. It's also possible to fold a club holding QQ/JJ here if your opponent is conservative enough - but you can only do that if you can make him think that his club outs are dead, which pushing might do.It's pretty doubtful that he's got a made flush right now unless he made a laggy reraise with suited club connectors (unlikely).Based on the way he played it, it looks like he's trying to buy a cheap look at 2 cards with a club (if you just call, he gets a chance to check behind on the turn), or he isn't holding a club and is just plain scared. By minraising, you potentially give him a little fold equity on his push (still 2.1-1 for him if you end up calling it), and since he's already got the right price, it makes it a clear push for him . If he doesn't hold a club, it still gives him an opportunity to blow you off the hand.EDIT - The key thing to keep in mind here is the reraise preflop. It makes it very unlikely you're up against a made flush, and much more likely you're up against a single club or no club at all. Hence, if you want to play this more conservatively, another line you could take is to just smooth call his flop bet and then lead push any non-club turn. At that point, you're only worried about AA (and there's only one way for him to have it) because you'll be able to price out everything else.

This is an automatic call. For so many reasons. You want the best reason, yeah it's because you have half your stack in there. If you're not willing to lose 30 bucks you should not be playing. The money has to really mean nothing to you. And 30 bucks is nothing. Second, I have no idea why he would be $6. He could have the nuts, he could have nothing or he could have a set. Who knows? Maybe you had some kind of read on him. But he could make that move for a lot of reasons, thought you were weak, on a draw, bluffing. This info only you can know. But absent any read and even if I had $100 left I would still call. You just got to know how most of the people at these games play and it's a lot of bluffing. You might have made the right move or maybe not but don't be afraid to put your money in there if you're serious about playing poker. If you're not that's definitely cool too.

AK+shortstack=GOLD.PUSH PREFLOP. If you're only playing with one buyin, get up, because you shouldnt be. It affects too many decisions.

What's he reraising with pf (out of position) that gives him a better hand than you on the flop.QcKc? Doubt it.AA? Well, if he has the remaining two aces, c'est la vie...otherwise, doubt it.66/22? Doubt it.A6/A2? Doubt it.He more likely has KK/QQ/JJ with a club, or AxQc.I'd have pushed the flop...otherwise you need to call this.

As played, you have to fold this.Instead of min-raising, push.He reraised you preflop, and if you view that conventionally, it should narrow his range to AA-JJ and AK. For KK-JJ, if he's holding a club, his equity is from 40-43%. If you push, you give him about 2.1-1 which translates to him needing 32%, so he's likely to call you if he has a club. So you're not pricing him out, but what you are doing is making it impossible for any non club hand to kick you out of this pot. It's also possible to fold a club holding QQ/JJ here if your opponent is conservative enough - but you can only do that if you can make him think that his club outs are dead, which pushing might do.It's pretty doubtful that he's got a made flush right now unless he made a laggy reraise with suited club connectors (unlikely).Based on the way he played it, it looks like he's trying to buy a cheap look at 2 cards with a club (if you just call, he gets a chance to check behind on the turn), or he isn't holding a club and is just plain scared. By minraising, you potentially give him a little fold equity on his push (still 2.1-1 for him if you end up calling it), and since he's already got the right price, it makes it a clear push for him . If he doesn't hold a club, it still gives him an opportunity to blow you off the hand.EDIT - The key thing to keep in mind here is the reraise preflop. It makes it very unlikely you're up against a made flush, and much more likely you're up against a single club or no club at all. Hence, if you want to play this more conservatively, another line you could take is to just smooth call his flop bet and then lead push any non-club turn. At that point, you're only worried about AA (and there's only one way for him to have it) because you'll be able to price out everything else.
i totally agree with you and flix and fck on that.. because in hindsight.. a min raise in a full ring game doesnt tell me much.. and the fact that he was on the button led me to believe he had a marginal but playable hand.. pushing preflop actually ran through my mind.. but since i felt i didnt have a good read on anyone since i just got there.. i thought i would just take my chances and see a flop.. [which now i think after reading the posts is to take my chances w/ a-k suited and hope for the best]as for the flop.. doing a min raise after he bet small was a total donk move on my part.. as i already stated.. and i should have just pushed the flop to see where i stand.. slayer was right.. he flipped up pocket kings with a club.. which kinda irritated me.. but it felt better an hour later when i flopped the nuts on him and he hung himself.. thanks for the advice everyone..