I Know I Signed Up For Fcp Notices But...

Daniel's Protege, Brian Fidler, Tearing Up Tahoe!....I don't care about this. If I did, I would just read the posts or the coverage. Can the FCP E-mail's stick to tournament announcements and not spam me with how well some guy who won the Protege tournament is doing? (No offense, Brian.)No, I'm not bitter. I'd be equally annoyed if the e-mail was about how well Daniel was doing at the event, and I DO want to know how he is doing. I just don't need extra e-mails that are announcing it.Yes, I know they did announce a tournament at the very bottom, but honestly, I didn't even notice until I read it a second time, because the first time I simply closed the e-mail after reading the first sentence.I'm not majorly teed off or anything, but I really think FCP marketing kind of went overboard on this one... Perhaps if you highlighted the tournament announcement and not Brian's chip count...Posting this in general only to see if I am in the minority here. Flame away if so.Ray

I respect ya Ray, but I think you're over-reacting here.FCP is a very small card-room and when the winner of their main (only?) promotion gets to a final table of a WSOPC event, you gotta think they should advertise that in every way possible.Maybe it's just because I get so much junk email everyday that I just don't care at this point.

Daniel's Protege, Brian Fidler, Tearing Up Tahoe!....I don't care about this. If I did, I would just read the posts or the coverage. Can the FCP E-mail's stick to tournament announcements and not spam me with how well some guy who won the Protege tournament is doing? (No offense, Brian.)No, I'm not bitter. I'd be equally annoyed if the e-mail was about how well Daniel was doing at the event, and I DO want to know how he is doing. I just don't need extra e-mails that are announcing it.Yes, I know they did announce a tournament at the very bottom, but honestly, I didn't even notice until I read it a second time, because the first time I simply closed the e-mail after reading the first sentence.I'm not majorly teed off or anything, but I really think FCP marketing kind of went overboard on this one... Perhaps if you highlighted the tournament announcement and not Brian's chip count...Posting this in general only to see if I am in the minority here. Flame away if so.Ray
Well., I agree and dissagree.Yes, i understand your frustration, but you also have to look at the tournament being announced.Its in celebration of the recent success.You cant hype a new product without a rundown of the old. (bad analogy, but u get the idea)I think take the emails for what they are worth, which is exactly 2,500 in this case. (added money if you dont follow)
And besides, you never sent me the picture you promised, so get over it.
I owe you a Keller pic?Bah!That is so probably all me. Priv message me info and I'll send it out tomorrow. :(Ray
I respect ya Ray, but I think you're over-reacting here.FCP is a very small card-room and when the winner of their main (only?) promotion gets to a final table of a WSOPC event, you gotta think they should advertise that in every way possible.Maybe it's just because I get so much junk email everyday that I just don't care at this point.
I could very much see it as something that goes on the front page of the website, in Daniel's blog, etc. to get people to come TO the poker room. But if you're already a member of the poker room getting their notices....*shrug*Ray

Personally, I appreciated the email, as I wasn't aware of Brian's success, and I stayed glued to the updates last night once I found out.Not everyone is on here every day or two to get the latest news, so when something big happens (as the number of people following the updates last night shows), I appreciate the heads up, and was happy to be a tiny part of it as it unfolded.Dev

Hi Ray,Not every member of the online poker database is a member of the forum who has the updates infront of them. Even the ones that are forum members as well don't read it every day. I'm sure many people would've been disappointed if they missed the updates and just found out how he did a day or two later (Myself included).Cheers

At least your getting emails Ray. I have gotten one email from FCP and not another one since. I never know what is going on unless I search it out here on the boards.

At least your getting emails Ray. I have gotten one email from FCP and not another one since. I never know what is going on unless I search it out here on the boards.
DITTO. I signed up for the emails and I don't get them. I would like to hear about the money added tourny.thanks
If you aren't receiving our e-mails we either have an incorrect e-mail address listed with your FCP Poker Account or your spam blocker is blocking all the e-mails from us.If you use Yahoo they send almost everything to your bulk folder and if you don't check that and then mark our e-mails as not spam you'll miss them. I've had e-mails from friends get sent to my Yahoo spam folder. If you use Yahoo and you don't check and see what it's marking as spam you're missing a lot of messages that you probably want to see, not just ones from us.
DITTO. I signed up for the emails and I don't get them. I would like to hear about the money added tourny.thanks
In celebration of Brian Fidler's success in Tahoe FCP will be holding a $10+$1 NL Hold Em tournament with $2500 in added money on Thur June 29th at 9PM ET.The winner of the tournament will also get a chance to play Brian heads up in a freeoll for $1000 winner takes all.

Thanks Bob!Yes, I do use yahoo! and I have gotten one email in my inbox from FCP back when the Protege thing was about to start up and that was the last one. Just searched my Bulk folder after reading this topic and I got nada? Anyway I can change my email to my work one so I know I will get it?Cheers!

Thanks Bob!Yes, I do use yahoo! and I have gotten one email in my inbox from FCP back when the Protege thing was about to start up and that was the last one. Just searched my Bulk folder after reading this topic and I got nada? Anyway I can change my email to my work one so I know I will get it?Cheers!
Hi Briand, I just sent you a test message from info@fullcontactpoker.com to your Yahoo e-mail that's listed on your account.Can you check and see if it's in your bulk folder.Also, you should check your Yahoo settings to make sure that it doesn't automatically delete messages it considers spam withour them showing in your bulk folder.

I was out of out town and received it in my blackberry and was extremely happy because I didn't have access to my PC to know how he was doing... I think it was great for fcp to send out the info and update. I can't think of a reason why if your part of this community why you wouldn't want to know how Daniel's protege is doing?Honestly Ray, in fairness it definently took you longer to complain with this thread then it did to delete the email

I can't think of a reason why if your part of this community why you wouldn't want to know how Daniel's protege is doing?Honestly Ray, in fairness it definently took you longer to complain with this thread then it did to delete the email
To answer the question, because I like the site for Daniel's personality and the great people I have met on the site since coming here. I couldn't care less about Brian. I know this sounds harsh, and its not that I don't like Brian. I don't know Brian, at all. I never really talked with him pre-protege-ness, nor have I since. I am happy he won, and wish him riches beyond his dreams, but I don't really need to hear about it in my Inbox. I'd actually be more interested if it told me what Royal Tour or dna4ever was up to, but even then, I don't want it in my Inbox. :)Of course it took me longer to complain. But I wanted to get other's opinions, and if it did annoy more people than me, I thought FCP would want to know so they could better target their e-mails. The overwhelming opinion is that I am a nit, and I'm ok with that, but I thought it made a good topic for discussion, and if I was right, it was also providing valuable data to FCP regarding their marketing.*shrug* It was a post that turned into a good topic, with near no flaming, in General. Those are rare. We should enjoy them when we get them. :)Ray

so its an emailwhat did it take u 30 seconds to read and then u press deleteare u so busy that u cant take 30 sec. to read an emailobviously not if u came here to complain about ittheres more important things to worry about man