High Stakes Poker, Episode 3

Well, episode 3 has come and gone, taped it because Game 7 was on. Here's a recap:Early on, not much action, Negreanu plays with 88 against Mizrachi's 77 and takes down an average pot. Mizrachi quickly battles with AQ back against Negreanu's AJ when both players turn an ace.Matusow flops the nuts with J 10 on a Q K A board and takes down a small pot.Negreanu bluffs on the turn with a board of 2c 4c 7c 4d with only King high and takes down a pot.I'm convinced that Esfandiari used all his luck with pocket aces back on the final hand of the L.A. Poker Classic in season two of the WPT. First time he limps with them, Alaei has JJ and raises, Farha has A8 (unsure but irrelevant really) Antonio re-raises with the rockets and Alaei makes one of the best laydowns I've seen preflop. Second time Antonio raises with the aces, Alaei re-raises with AK, and Farha goes all in with Ad9d. Antonio goes all in as well, to which Matusow goes way out of line commenting on the hand, which in turn has Antonio telling Matusow to shut up. Alaei again makes a good (but somewhat easy) laydown. However the board comes J Q 7 K 10, which prompts a split pot between Antonio and Sammy.Matusow folds AJ to a raise when the flop comes J J 2h. Negreanu has Kd3d, Alaei has KcQc, and Phil Laak has 10h 7h. The turn brings J J 2h (3h) giving Laak a flush draw and Negreanu the best hand. Alaei bets 10K which is called by both Daniel and Phil. The river brings J J 2h 3h 2s to which Phil in first position immediately bets 36K. A spectualar bet which makes both Daniels fold.Final hand, Chamanara Ah9h and Matusow Jh7h both flop flushes on a board of 8h 4h 3h. Chamanara goes all in on the turn and Mike pays him off.Next week's preview has Matusow trash talking some more and Negreanu actually yells at Matusow. Never seen that side of Daniel before but we all have our limits. (Or no limit in cash games! Haha!)

Good review, thanks for that!I thought the funny part was when the hosts were talking about how Matusow had just had an argument with his wife (or gf?) and then ended by saying "she's not even hot!" :club:

I'm really rooting for Matusow to get busted by anyone.....preferably DN though. Farha talking about how much everyone was gambling and sarcastically complimenting Matusow was hilarious! The show's getting better each week.

I for myself,, would love to know what mike told antonio when they were away from the table.. all i heard was antiono say "seriously" then he started to do his chip tricks.did mike ask antonio to do some chip tricks.. or was he apologizing to him for speaking during the hand when antiono reprimanded him for doing it. do you know ? :D I did laugh at daniel funny talk but I laughed even more at the cursing gabe kaplan did at the end of the show. :club: I wonder how doyle will deal with mike,, when phil hellmuth was blowing up last season he just seem to sit there and ignore him.. but then phil was kind of doing it off to the side for the most part. :D I was actually suprised to see fred come back after being broke out, since this is still the first day of filiming.. do you think he went and told the guys waiting dont' take my table i will be right back?

I for myself,, would love to know what mike told antonio when they were away from the table.. all i heard was antiono say "seriously" then he started to do his chip tricks.did mike ask antonio to do some chip tricks.. or was he apologizing to him for speaking during the hand when antiono reprimanded him for doing it. do you know ? :club:
I think Mike M told Esfandiari how he folded AJ in a multi-way pot after a bunch of limping and then a semi-big raise. He was saying how good of a fold it was....but he had the best hand pre-flop and the flop came J-J-x!
Good review, thanks for that!I thought the funny part was when the hosts were talking about how Matusow had just had an argument with his wife (or gf?) and then ended by saying "she's not even hot!" :club:
They've been joking since the first episode that the camera next to him (with the brown tarp over it) is his girlfriend.I can't beleive Daniel didn't call with the K3... he could have done the Krablar dance for us!