Lag Winning Limit Players

Right...amplify the A....AGGRESSION ~%75 of the time your opponent has a hand that needs improvement, ~%70 the time they will not improve on the flop ...Aggression = $$Also I should clarify this is my style of play LIVE...NOT ONLINE , unless you are enjoying the + side of variance, you'll get absolutely crushed playing this style in low-limit online HE.....carry on17 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)8 Members: ForRealDD, FCP Info, rogerwilco, spm, GrinderMJ, The Jackal, bgl36, astros11ssHowdy
I would say that is absolutely true...over aggressiveness online will cause other players to call you down regardless of your holdings...you will get paid occasionaly, but you will also pay off alot of shitty hands....I have almost altered my Online Holdem game to one of TAG...only when holding monsters...no bluffing, no calling down. Pure pot odds on draws...so on and so forth.

It can be a winning style, provided you are playing weak opposition. Put this guy at a table full of good players and he'll get eaten alive. The reason is that he will be giving up so much pre-flop equity because he'll have consistently worse hands that no amount of post-flop brilliance will save him against good post-flop players.My comments refer to full tables (9+ players).

It can be a winning style, provided you are playing weak opposition. Put this guy at a table full of good players and he'll get eaten alive. The reason is that he will be giving up so much pre-flop equity because he'll have consistently worse hands that no amount of post-flop brilliance will save him against good post-flop players.My comments refer to full tables (9+ players).
Not always true....you take a good player out of his element, make him uncomfortable, and you can crush them with this. Then again you said a table full of good players, which I have maybe seen twice in my life in Dallas playing NL .....
yes, he plays this style regardless. He is a veteran to the game, as I think he's been playing at least 10 years. His nick name is actually "chasin Jason".And for the 2 years I've been playing, I have always seen him with monster stacks.
lol. are you talking about jason who plays in brantford? he is indeed LAG as all hell, but when i play there i do my best to stay at his table because of all the action and have seen him drop over 5 grand in a night at 20/40. but of course he's up a LOT of money over the long haul. but that's because he's a very, very good postflop player, if you really watch what he's doing. basically, he's going to be willing to cap most flops with any piece, which is not really a mistake at a lot of the tables he's playing at (because he's got them so opened up and the average pots even at 10/20 are over 200 bucks), and he's MOST often got good relative position because he's raised the late position guys out and can take a lot of free cards on draws, etc.but playing solid poker, moving yourself to his left, and isolating him with a lot of reraises to make him play pots heads up with little implied odds can make him make a LOT of mistakes, and you can easily take a whole lot of his money in the long run.the real players at brantford are john (20/40 guy) and tom (10/20). they're both really nice guys, and more "conventional" players that bring home significantly more dough than jason, if you are indeed playing at brantford.
lol. are you talking about jason who plays in brantford? he is indeed LAG as all hell, but when i play there i do my best to stay at his table because of all the action and have seen him drop over 5 grand in a night at 20/40. but of course he's up a LOT of money over the long haul. but that's because he's a very, very good postflop player, if you really watch what he's doing. basically, he's going to be willing to cap most flops with any piece, which is not really a mistake at a lot of the tables he's playing at (because he's got them so opened up and the average pots even at 10/20 are over 200 bucks), and he's MOST often got good relative position because he's raised the late position guys out and can take a lot of free cards on draws, etc.but playing solid poker, moving yourself to his left, and isolating him with a lot of reraises to make him play pots heads up with little implied odds can make him make a LOT of mistakes, and you can easily take a whole lot of his money in the long run.the real players at brantford are john (20/40 guy) and tom (10/20). they're both really nice guys, and more "conventional" players that bring home significantly more dough than jason, if you are indeed playing at brantford.
I am talking about him lol....We must know each other, or at least play with each other ( im fairly quiet at the tables ).... I regularly play 10/20 there twice, 3 times a week
I'm amazed at how many of you "winning players" don't understand this type of play. I can justify playing any two in lp, (and regularly do) against weak-tight players. If you're looking for marginal results, sit back and play your "required opening hands" .....
Ive sat with people to my left where i literally opened from the CO or button with 75% of the hands i was dealt when it was folded to me. Both were < 12 VPIP and really didnt seem to like playing against me heads up. Even capping isnt that big a deal when you get 3bet by them... I guess if the people he's playing against are stupid enough to never give him credit for a hand because of those times he caps with trash, more power to him.But you wont be a winning player if you routinely open raise from early to mid position with trash. It's just not going to happen. No matter how tight they are, they're going to realize that you play the large majority of your hands and they're going to either start 3betting you or at hte very least, cold calling with hands like A10. A lot of people just cant see the difference. If i go to brantford some time in the near future, ill keep an eye open for this guy. I doubt he'll be anything special. If he was, he'd be playing online and making a shitload more.
If you're not willing to take big chances like that, you will never be truly successful in this crazy game...I'm amazed at how many of you "winning players" don't understand this type of play. I can justify playing any two in lp, (and regularly do) against weak-tight players. If you're looking for marginal results, sit back and play your "required opening hands" .....
Thanks for the "smart" response. If you had reread, I was admitting I am not that good at no limit becuase I am not confident enough with my reads to call large bets with weak holdings. That is why I pretty much don't play nl, except in fun low buy in home games. Limit poker is much more math oriented, and as I go to Georgia Tech and am an engineering major it is much better suited to my skills.
Thanks for the "smart" response. If you had reread, I was admitting I am not that good at no limit becuase I am not confident enough with my reads to call large bets with weak holdings. That is why I pretty much don't play nl, except in fun low buy in home games. Limit poker is much more math oriented, and as I go to Georgia Tech and am an engineering major it is much better suited to my skills.
You sir...are a gentleman and a scholar
I am talking about him lol....We must know each other, or at least play with each other ( im fairly quiet at the tables ).... I regularly play 10/20 there twice, 3 times a week
probably.... i used to play 10/20 and 20/40 there, until the run from hell got me. :club: i'm a skinny little white kid in his mid twenties who looks about 16. i also talk a pretty good bit at the tables. would i know you?
A lot of people just cant see the difference. If i go to brantford some time in the near future, ill keep an eye open for this guy. I doubt he'll be anything special. If he was, he'd be playing online and making a shitload more.
he really is quite a good player, actually. and a lot of the brantford professionals don't trust the online game, especially considering there's an outfit in brantford where a guy pays people to sit at a computer and collude at middle limit games. at least i've heard that from multiple sources there.... could be just a legend.
Neither is really more math oriented than the other, id say.I dont know how limit got that kind of a reputation, though i definitely have heard people say it before.
Limit by far is more math oriented. You can get away with continually calling with bad pot odds becuase when you get paid off on hitting a miracle card in a big way it makes up for all the bets you lose. There is not much implied odds in limit. At most you win another bet, 2 bets if you are lucky. In holdem you can call a large bet and get paid off huge when you hit a miracle card that no one can put you on. Granted, the professionals take implied odds and other odds into account playing no limit, but I am saying the majority of amatuers can get away with calling with crappy pot odds in no limit, but end up losing lots of bets in limit by continually calling with crappy odds on flush draws and straight draws."Edit: pretty much limit is math oriented, nl is more psychological oriented."
probably.... i used to play 10/20 and 20/40 there, until the run from hell got me. :club: i'm a skinny little white kid in his mid twenties who looks about 16. i also talk a pretty good bit at the tables. would i know you?he really is quite a good player, actually. and a lot of the brantford professionals don't trust the online game, especially considering there's an outfit in brantford where a guy pays people to sit at a computer and collude at middle limit games. at least i've heard that from multiple sources there.... could be just a legend.
not sure, im also a skinny white kid... lol....I only recently got back to brantford to play regularly, because im away at school most of the year.Im from brantford, so nowa days you can find me there 2-4 times a week depending how busy i am.shoot me a pm next time you head there.
not sure, im also a skinny white kid... lol....I only recently got back to brantford to play regularly, because im away at school most of the year.Im from brantford, so nowa days you can find me there 2-4 times a week depending how busy i am.shoot me a pm next time you head there.
unfortunately the roll is such now that 5/10 is as high as i could go for a night, and that'd be a stretch. but i'll let you know next time i head down there.
Meh, most winning limit He players are TAG. LAG is a hard style to play in limit, because with fixed betting, a good opponent can jus call you down, if they are unsure. Your player must lose thousands some nights, and if he doesnt have control, he's probably a losing player.
But the magic also happens when ppl start calling you down. If your not a automaton this style can work. I would say you need to be exretemly knowledabel and experienced to play this way. Its also a style that has deegrees to it. In other words it can be palyed differently against diffrent types of players. The trick with this style is get ppl to missjudge what to call you down with. There is also value in giving folks the spook at the hands you hit. Its like your saying hey i can play better than you so lets play alot. fwiwshe ran calling Wildfire....
But the magic also happens when ppl start calling you down. If your not a automaton this style can work. I would say you need to be exretemly knowledabel and experienced to play this way. Its also a style that has deegrees to it. In other words it can be palyed differently against diffrent types of players. The trick with this style is get ppl to missjudge what to call you down with. There is also value in giving folks the spook at the hands you hit. Its like your saying hey i can play better than you so lets play alot. fwiwshe ran calling Wildfire....
THANK YOU

Your very welcome. Some very excellent players are not at their best when calling down. Its like a fact. :club: I remeber my first time taking down a huge pot with nothing cause the other players didn't hit anything to get me with. It felt very goot. KIDS DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! It just sort of happens to you one day.

Your very welcome. Some very excellent players are not at their best when calling down. Its like a fact. :club: I remeber my first time taking down a huge pot with nothing cause the other players didn't hit anything to get me with. It felt very goot. KIDS DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! It just sort of happens to you one day.
You play poker?

what bout DERB peeps at 2+2 went crazy at this guys stats, he was capping preflop with mid pocket pairs and such. Had everyone in a tizzy.Also the thing with the aggressive style is you usually keep the weaker players in the pot while the Tight Aggressive ones tend to fold.