I just finnished One of a Kind, the Stu Unger story. Excellent book, well told story.But, an incredibly sad story. Almost unimaginable that a man could win over thirty million dollars, and wind up stealing tips from the Horseshoe. It put a lump in my throat.He had some big times, though. Once he bought an entire kilo of coke and put it on the table and had a party. They sucked up the whole kilo.The poor bastid pushed prolly $25,000,000 under the windows at the track and sports book. He was known to bet the entire board...every game posted that day.

yea, i agree, incredible book. Best, unquestianable best at poker and gin.the movie doesnt do his story as much justice, but i recomend everyone to read teh book.

I also agree, the book is a must read! Especially if your a poker player.And yes their is a movie, its pretty good, but like strate said, the book is much much better.I also agree, the book is a must read! Especially if your a poker player.And yes their is a movie, its pretty good, but like strate said, the book is much much better.

I think one could argue that Stuey was more dominant at gin rummy then anyone else has been in any sport/game in recorded history. He could give the best players in the world huge spots and still win convincingly every single time.

Yea, he never lost at gin. He played the best player in Vegas at the time and he was skill a young guy about 18 years i think, and he destroyed him every game. He would have made more money at it but noone wanted to play him cause he couldnt sell a game. He was even asked once to lose one game for 50 grand or something like that, and he wouldnt do it. It was his game everytime he played. EVERY TIME1