Fidler day #2: Wsop Lake Tahoe Live Updates

I will post updates from Brian every 90 minutes after each break. I will also do my best to post live updates throughout the event from Daniel.Thanks,12:50 PM PSTFidler flopped two sets already and is up to 24,000. Daniel lost a pot with QQ and has 17,400.1:07 PM PSTDaniel has 12,750. He lost a pot. He reraised a guy preflop and bet a flop of A 9 6 two hearts. Other guy called with K10 and spiked a 10 on the turn.1:10 PM PSTDaniel just went broke. AJ on a flop of AJ9. Opponent had 8 10 and spiked a 7 on the turn.Daniel is on his way to the golf course. He will be back for more live updates on Fidler.1:47 PM PSTFidler break update #1Fidler is at 23,000 playing slow. In the first 10 minutes had pocket pairs QQ and 99. hit both sets on the flop. QQ over 10 10 netted 4,000. Everything is going well so far. Mickey mouse and David Singer at his table. One empty seat at his table, maybe Helmuth.3:30 PM PSTFidler Break update #2Fildler is at 36,000 . Had a great last 20 minutes before the break. Brian had Pocket Ks, opponenet put in 4,000 on board of 772, Brian raised and took that pot down. A few hands later hit trips 2s against Mickey Mouse in a 4 way pot. Last hand of the level Brian had AK against A10 took down a 4000 - 5000 pot with A high.4:43 PM PSTFidler is at 50,000 in chips!5:21 PM PSTFidler Break update #3Fidler is at 56,000. Best hand happened 15 minutes before the break. Brian's Q's hold up against Brian Singer's AK, Fidler sends singer to the rail. A few hands Brian didn't show down K's and a nut flush on the turn, both hands netting 5 - 6 K. He's climbing steady and feeling good about his play thus far.7:05 PM PSTFidler Break update #4Fidler is at 80,000! He grabbed 10 - 12 K off of Mickey before sending him to the rail. He's had a few hands here and there but nothing to memorable. He says there has been some buzz about his play and has taken a few pictures. Brian "Hollywood" Fidler is on dinner break for about an hour :)8:37 PM PSTDaniel is on the scene and the updates should be more frequent.8:39 PM PST:Brian is at an excellent table now with his chip position. He is the wildcard, in that no one knows his game. Also his opponents are all on the conservative side which makes his small ball approach even more effective.9:52 PM PSTFidler Break update #5Brian is at 105,000. Here are a couple of key hands. Brian had AJ suited vs AK, Brian rivered a jack to eliminate his opponent. Pocket 9s held up against all in call.11:55 PM PST End of day 1 Fidler ended the day with 138,000 in 3rd place. Here was a key hand. Brian knocked out a guy on the button with K9, opponent had KQ, K hit on the flop, 9 on the river, Brian rakes the pot of 16K. He's heading over to Harrahs with Daniel, EDog, and others. Day #21:45 PM PSTFidler Break update #1Brian is at 87,000, average is 65,000. Lost a big pot to Matt Keikoan, Brian had AJ in late Position raised and got called. Matt called big bets on the flop and turn. Matt had a pair of fives, Brian lost 25,000 on that hand. blinds are 600 / 1200. 32 players left, need to eliminate 5 for end of day 2, they Might only play a few more levels.2:54 PM PSTFidler Break update #2Brian has 130,000! Down to 27 players and they are going to play 2 more levels. Huge hand for Brian. Brian had pocket jacks and ended up rivering a 3rd jack on a king high board. Brian went in for 40K on the turn and was called by his opponent, Brian went in for 25K on the river and his opponent payed him off. 100,000 pot!3:47 PM PSTFidler Break update #3Brian is at 130,000. No memorable hands over the last 45 minutes. 24 players left.5:38 PM PSTFidler Break update #4Brian is at 390,000 in chips. Brian's big hand was the AA vs KK preflop, another decent pot he took was when his pocket 5s hit a straight on the river, payed out close to 50,000. Blinds are at 1000 / 2000 with 400 ante.7:30 PM PSTFidler Break update #5Brian is chip leader with a little over half a mil. Huge hand - Brian had J7 small blind, he raised 6000 preflop to JC. Flop came with two 7s, turn brought a J. JC called Brian's raise of 60,000 on the river, JC mucks his hand. Hour dinner break.10:30 PM PSTBrian has 510,000Updates VIA Daniel10:40 PM PSTHuge pot earlier vs JC Tran: Brian made it 9000 JC called BB called. Flop 9 4 2 all spades. Fidler bet 20K JC called turn ace of spades. Fidler checks, KC bets 20K Fidler makes it 50K. River 8s check check fidler A9 JC 44.Brian in another HUGE pot!Board K 6 K 5 9 three clubs. Opponent bet 35K on the river and Brian made it 100K. Guy is still thinking.Chris Bell is out. Down to final 10The guy called Brian had 66!!! Brian is up to 600,000!!Brian played the hand perfect and everyone is starting to fear him.Unlucky draw again for Brian. JC is two to his left.Brian's count is 640,000Done for the day.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from pokerpages:Daniel Negreanu is carrying a golf club around with him everywhere he goes. He said he is totally addicted to the game of golf now....and I would have to say that is a pretty strong addiction when he takes his club around with him. Wonder if he sleeps with it????http://news.pokerpages.com/index.php?optio...sk=view&id=1367

I will post updates from Brian every 90 minutes after each break. I will also do my best to post live updates throughout the event from Daniel.Thanks,12:50 PM PSTFidler flopped two sets already and is up to 24,000. Daniel lost a pot with QQ and has 17,400.1:07 PM PSTDaniel has 12,750. He lost a pot. He reraised a guy preflop and bet a flop of A 9 6 two hearts. Other guy called with K10 and spiked a 10 on the turn.1:10 PM PSTDaniel just went broke. AJ on a flop of AJ9. Opponent had 8 10 and spiked a 7 on the turn.
ugh quick 10k...thats exactly what i need for my theater room :club:
1:07 PM PSTDaniel has 12,750. He lost a pot. He reraised a guy preflop and bet a flop of A 9 6 two hearts. Other guy called with K10 and spiked a 10 on the turn.
Nice call on flop with K10 sirrrr. DN had QQ?
1:10 PM PSTDaniel just went broke. AJ on a flop of AJ9. Opponent had 8 10 and spiked a 7 on the turn.One empty seat at his table, maybe Helmuth.
Daniel is gone and Helluth hasn't even showed up yet. Well done. He pushed looking to double or go home. Good hand to push with, but he used to be a small pot guy.Who am I to criticize? Nobody, thats who.I'm sure the golf game is worth more than a final table.
Has Daniel busted before his "protege" in the first two events they played?
no. DN made it to day 2 last event

I'd be surprised if Hellmuth is playing Tahoe. He got knocked out yesterday evening in Paris. He'd have to jet back immediately with only a few hours sleep in there somewhere.

Stuart Spear knocks out Daniel NegreanuOuch...
Nah, believe me - if I knocked DN out of a tournament, I wouldn't need you, or anyone else, to post it for me.
I'd be surprised if Hellmuth is playing Tahoe. He got knocked out yesterday evening in Paris. He'd have to jet back immediately with only a few hours sleep in there somewhere.
True, Bob Stupac (spelling) was the wild card who came late.Back to it..update coming..i'm at 36,500...peace
True, Bob Stupac (spelling) was the wild card who came late.Back to it..update coming..i'm at 36,500...peace
don't look directly into his lips...you'll go blind.trust me, i'm reading the boards in braille now.
don't look directly into his lips...you'll go blind.trust me, i'm reading the boards in braille now.
Is stupak that crazy old man from high stakes poker that didn't play a hand for like 3 hours, and then raised to 20k with aces preflop?
Is stupak that crazy old man from high stakes poker that didn't play a hand for like 3 hours, and then raised to 20k with aces preflop?
That's the one.If he raises... RUN AWAY!
That play is so advanced that it would be impossible to explain to most of you.