Ivey Earnings...is This Possible?

I saw this on 2+2"I was playing at TI yesterday for a bit when an exec from Fox Sports sat down for a while. He was talking about all sorts of things, including how he plays in a home game with the marketing director from Full Tilt (who's office is next to his).Apparently, Phil Ivey netted $65 million last year alone. Where does he find games where he can make that much??? "Link: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthre...e=1#Post6186248I was just wondering what you guys think. Is this number even close to possible?It would be great to hear daniel's oppinion about it.

Is this number even close to possible?No. 6.5 Million maybe.

It seems like a huge number, too huge to be true. I can say for sure that he won't make that kind of money from the big game, when people are saying they are doing great in that game that have won something like 1-2 million dollars. $65 million would be everyones bankroll and then some.He probably makes a lot from Full Tilt but $65 seems too much...I agree though that $6.5 millions seem more than reasonable

It seems like a huge number, too huge to be true. I can say for sure that he won't make that kind of money from the big game, when people are saying they are doing great in that game that have won something like 1-2 million dollars. $65 million would be everyones bankroll and then some.He probably makes a lot from Full Tilt but $65 seems too much...I agree though that $6.5 millions seem more than reasonable
He made AB his personal ATM...but I think that was this year he took 16.5 mil off him in 3 days.

I'm sure he doesn't just have his poker br making him money...Endorsements, investments, plus his poker play last year... I can believe 65 mil overall on his personal income...now if it was all from poker... that's a good run... maybe when people heard the "gossip" they got it wrong... then they told two friends and they told two friends and so on and so on

He made AB his personal ATM...but I think that was this year he took 16.5 mil off him in 3 days.
What you fail to recognize is that he was playing with the corporations bankroll. There were probably about 10-20 players splitting the win.
What you fail to recognize is that he was playing with the corporations bankroll. There were probably about 10-20 players splitting the win.
It was closer to 6, but they would still be considered his earnings. Dannenmen won 3.5 mil. at the WSOP, but split with Jerry Ditzel....he still earned the 3.5And no...I never "failed to recognize". You are off to an annoying start ..

65 Million....I would say that is possible. He plays in the big game. He has a share of a large internet poker site. He's the best player in the world. Good for him.

It was closer to 6, but they would still be considered his earnings. Dannenmen won 3.5 mil. at the WSOP, but split with Jerry Ditzel....he still earned the 3.5And no...I never "failed to recognize". You are off to an annoying start ..
Pretty sure it was closer to 20.There were 6 who played maybe.
No way Ivey made that much on Poker.
I agree. 65 million total earnings is almost too hard to swallow, but I can see how it is possible if you throw everything into the mix (endorsements, investments, gained equity is real estate, etc.)He made about 3.5 million on tourneys last year. Let's say he is averaging 1BB/hour from ring game poker. Working a normal work schedule would get him about 8 million (using the big game for #s.) So I'm thinking even in his best year, 20 million would be high. Of course what do I know, I'm doing good to hit $5/hour and that includes bonus money.

John Daily lost 60 million ..... so its possible for Phil Ivey to make 65 million gambling.....sw

Thats not that much, thats only about 175k a day
LOL... nh moron.
no nno non on no non no nonn non no no non on on no no non on no non on non non no non no non onn on no no non on on onmaybe
Vicar of Dibley?
Full Tilt is a newer site and he couldve easily gotten a co-founder deal... we just don't know. If Full Tilt was an American company then the shareholder info would be available to us. Remember that the CO-founder of partygaming is a BILLIONARE. He is like #140 on the forbes billionare list. So if Ivey got a partial ownership in full tilt it could be possible. Do I think it's likely? no. $10 million or less is what I would guess.