I think this is a great bet, actually. I don't think the US are as bad as they looked against czech, and I definatly think italy is over rated. I think the true odds should be about 2 to 1 or maybe 2.5 to 1... I think you got good value.

WOW!!Hope you people don't play poker the way you sports bet! USA(whether they win or not) are NOT value at 3-1 against Italy!!Totally disregarding form, ability etc, they are available at 6-1, so strictly from a point of price, it's a bad bet at 3-1.

WOW!!Hope you people don't play poker the way you sports bet! USA(whether they win or not) are NOT value at 3-1 against Italy!!Totally disregarding form, ability etc, they are available at 6-1, so strictly from a point of price, it's a bad bet at 3-1.
So you're just saying it's not the BEST deal?

3-1 for a win essentially assumes that a win for USA, a draw and a win for italy are all equally likely. Definitely not the case.If you got 3-1 for italy to not win (i.e. a draw or USA win), then you are looking a bit better and maybe close to getting good value.

3-1 for a win essentially assumes that a win for USA, a draw and a win for italy are all equally likely. Definitely not the case.If you got 3-1 for italy to not win (i.e. a draw or USA win), then you are looking a bit better and maybe close to getting good value.
Im new to sports betting so Im probalby wrong but:on a $20 betif italy wins: my friend gets $20If US wins: i get $60no pay on a tie so we are only betting on a win or lose situation. the tie is meaningless. For the bet to be the correct odds (which it is probably not)the US would only need to win once for every 3 times Italy would win. Italy wins 3 times Im out $60. If US wins once I get my $60 back.

well things work a little different in Australia where i am for betting.At my local book maker tho US is paying about 9.50.so for every $1 you put on you get 9.50 back.Italy is about 1.30the tie is around 4.5Your bet works so that you only pay if italy loses. If you worked through a bookie you could place $5 on the tie and $15 on the win for the same $20.So if it was a tie you gould get back 22.5 for a $2.50 profit.If the US one you would get back $142.50So if italy win you still lose the same 20.If they draw you essentially break even.and if the us win you get paid $142.5 for you $20. So around 7/1 or double what you are getting now.But then there is no way in hell that the US will win, even with 7/1 i think the bet is bad

anyone in this thread wanna lick some us balls? Is there any doubt that USA looked to be the better squad today?
win a game before you talk it upand i was talking about odds being bad, not just the US team.

just put a couple bets down:5:1 on Brazil being up 1-0 after first half5:1 on game ending in a draw13:1 on Australia leading after first half.i know some of those cancel, but those seem to be great prices on those bets.

win a game before you talk it upand i was talking about odds being bad, not just the US team.
You really think italy looked like the better squad? 7-1 was a absolutely retarded line, and I would have jumped on it.
just put a couple bets down:5:1 on Brazil being up 1-0 after first half5:1 on game ending in a draw13:1 on Australia leading after first half.i know some of those cancel, but those seem to be great prices on those bets.
oops
not bad odds, too bad you couldn't get lucky.
all of those were on the cards and could have happened with a little luck here or there. The game was tighter than 2-0