High Stakes Poker, Episode 2

Well, I finally got an alias on here to post after reading for so long. Episode 2 was much better than the first. The highlights:Matusow flopping queens full of kings against Daniel Alaei's big slick, taking down a great pot.Chamanara busting out with Ah7h against Alaei's pocket kings.Matusow and Farha tangle with each other twice, both times where one of them has pocket aces, but due to them agreeing to run the hand twice, they manage to outdraw the instance where their opponent has said pocket aces against them.Matusow leaving for the "bathroom" and not coming back for the rest of the episode.Daniel Alaei and Farha get creative with a board of 8 2 3 5, Farha holding 7 4, Alaei holding 8 4. Alaei bets out on the turn, Farha raises about $12K more, Alaei takes a while to think things through and manages to make the play of putting Farha all in. Spectacular read on Alaei's part.Negreanu getting sucked out on the turn by Phil Laak after Negreanu flops two pair with Laak turning the better two pair.And finally, the hand that baffled me the most, Phil Laak with pocket queens flops quads against Negreanu's 7/6 offsuit. Negreanu bets out about $5K and Laak raises?! Did I miss a meeting where flopping quads means you slow play them?All in all, a great episode.Your thoughts?

He was hoping DN caught a piece of it and Laak tried to represent a bluff raise. It didn't work, but I don't think Daniel would have put much more (if any) money after the flop on that board.

Nice first post, and I agree it was an all-in-all good episode. I'm impressed with Alaei's read on Farha with the 84, and also think that the Grinder played impressivly too.Can't wait until next week, when Matusow calls DN a pus*y. Nothing against DN whatsoever, but it's gonna make for great tv watching everyone gang up and bash the mouth.

I agree the second episode was much better especially after The Mouth went to the restroom and never came back. What was up with that? I have been very impressed with Daniel Alaei's play during both seasons. Now, if they could just bust Mikey out we would have a good show. He just irks the hell out of me. I sometimes feel embaressed for him -- his need for attention is go great.Of course, I am patiently waiting for Gus Hansen to sit down. I've always wondered if his style is different in cash games. I figure it has to be.

I agree the second episode was much better especially after The Mouth went to the restroom and never came back. What was up with that?
I think Mike spent the rest of the time crying in the bathroom. After all the folks at the table picked on him the last time I think he could not take it and ran off. It was fun to watch. After the last two episodes I am getting this funny feeling that Daniel does not like Mike.Oh and I am really enjoying this season. I liked last season a lot too but something about these new episodes is really getting my attention. Even the wife will sit down and watch a bit with me. I think she enjoys watching Daniel poke at Mike too. She said it best last night after a hand where Mike kept repeating himself and no one responded. "He sounds like a 10 year old that never grew up and just wants attention."Ed

Laak raised because Daniel is too good of a player for Laak to call the bet. If Laak smooth calls, Daniel is done with the hand regardless. Rasing at least could tempt Daniel to "re-steal"

Even Did You Notice My Breats Tilly looked bored when Laak went into his turtle act.Daniel told him "you can come out now".Mike probably had to pass a bar on his way to the bathroom.Did they make Sammy lose the cigarette? It's missing this year.

I think Mike spent the rest of the time crying in the bathroom. After all the folks at the table picked on him the last time I think he could not take it and ran off. It was fun to watch. After the last two episodes I am getting this funny feeling that Daniel does not like Mike.Ed
I realize The Mouth goes after everyone in his field of vision, but he does seem to especially enjoy taking jabs at DN. It's hilarious to watch DN sit there and smile back at him though - it like he's dealing with a small child and doesn't want to argue, which MM doesn't seem to respond well to.Is there any history there that I missed?
I want to know why Daniel was the only play that didn't want to toss in 5g's or was it 10 g's to get two cards and just run it out..
5k, and it would've been fun to watch. Figured Daniel would be the first to jump at the opportunity.
I want to know why Daniel was the only play that didn't want to toss in 5g's or was it 10 g's to get two cards and just run it out..
What is the point? He is there to play poker not bingo. I would probably do it if I had the cash just for the rush...but only once and then back to my poker game.Ed
Even Did You Notice My Breats Tilly looked bored when Laak went into his turtle act.Daniel told him "you can come out now".Mike probably had to pass a bar on his way to the bathroom.Did they make Sammy lose the cigarette? It's missing this year.
i read an article on Sammy somewhere(Bluff maybe?) where he had said hes not using the cigarette as a prop very much anymore.

was daniel on is rag? never seen daniel so uptight. I love when he tells other professionals on to play poker, its so condescending, like when he told evelyn on nbc heads up, i know what you have and ill tell you what you should of done after the hand. Can you imagine a pro tennis or golf player telling a competitor during a game ill tell you what shot you should of hit. Daniel is a incredible player but somebody needs to put is ego in check. You never hear doyle, barry, ivey say things like that

I think since DN and Evelyn have a history of being friends and playing together neither of them would see that as crossing the line or being too brash. I don't see DN doing that to any other players that aren't close friends, etc.

I think since DN and Evelyn have a history of being friends and playing together neither of them would see that as crossing the line or being too brash. I don't see DN doing that to any other players that aren't close friends, etc.
shes a pro, i find it very embarassing for her that her opponent is telling her what she should of done in a televised event. Even if there good friends does he feel that he is so much better then them that he needs to give them tips during a game. Maybe im the only one who think that is totally out of line
was daniel on is rag? never seen daniel so uptight. I love when he tells other professionals on to play poker, its so condescending, like when he told evelyn on nbc heads up, i know what you have and ill tell you what you should of done after the hand. Can you imagine a pro tennis or golf player telling a competitor during a game ill tell you what shot you should of hit. Daniel is a incredible player but somebody needs to put is ego in check. You never hear doyle, barry, ivey say things like that
lol, he compared himself to Michael Jordan.