Who's The Best Poster Of All Time?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on a serious note,pokerplayer24 and alphaomega need to be mentioned as anchors in the strat forum.as far as "old-school FCP" goes, Smash was the most entertaining and alot of times the most helpful; I for one learned the basics of SSHE from his effort to turn $50 into $1000.

Layne Flack. No... just kidding! :club: I really do not want to single any one person out because each member has had their moments. What I like most is the Army, the Hideout and the Sick thread because those three threads really show that this forum is more than about Daniel or poker but that it has grown into a real community.

I rarely agreed with what he said, as far as his experimental strat posts. But, they were at least somewhat thought-provoking and created discussion. And I think a lot of times, he'd read a bunch of 2+2 posts, and then wander over here and drop knowledge like he was Sklansky himself, but, he made a big effort to contribute to actual poker discussion, which I appreciated. He's got nothing on you, basically.
we rarely quote each other, its odd. we've both mustard up a bunch of posts.crazy!, but i love you DD, mostly because your name reminds me of a dating movie, like "sleepless in seatle".
In no particular order:TurdSpeedzTurd Speedz
LOL. pfff., This looks like a cheap shot post to pretty much everyone who doesnt give you the 100% full attention u crave,which is odd though cuz Ron usually gives everyone 100%
just thought of another one. Zach6668, he is great in the limit holdem section.
I feel special. TY.There are so many great people here, I have no idea how anyone could be called the best. So many people fill different niches. You've got the tourney guys, the limit guys, the OT guys, etc. I really just think this is a great place to hang out.- Zach

There are a few factors to consider. Since this is a poker forum (I know, right) the best poster ever has to be quite solid in strategy. His advice has to be respected and accurate. Also, I would argue that humor is a huge factor in the decision. And of course, the best poster must have the ability to hold his own against others in flame wars. He must be smart and fast witted, adding both meaningful contributions as well as cheap entertainment (at the expense of others sometimes). Using this criteria, I would argue in favor or Smasharoo. But, for once, "it's close."

No need to single anybody out. The "important" posters know who they are because they've been around, posted a ton in strat, and provide meaningful and flametastic advice all the time.There are many people on this forum that I would buy a beer or two, in other words. And then I would never sit down at a poker table with them, because I'd lose all my money. I've met 3 FCP'ers personally and every one of them was an awesome person. Which reminds me, where in the hell is Aseem? I saw that kid destroy a Stud H/L game up in Turning Stone and he hasn't posted in like months. Come back to us akishore.

No need to single anybody out. The "important" posters know who they are because they've been around, posted a ton in strat, and provide meaningful and flametastic advice all the time.There are many people on this forum that I would buy a beer or two, in other words. And then I would never sit down at a poker table with them, because I'd lose all my money. I've met 3 FCP'ers personally and every one of them was an awesome person. Which reminds me, where in the hell is Aseem? I saw that kid destroy a Stud H/L game up in Turning Stone and he hasn't posted in like months. Come back to us akishore.
Two lies here.First. Jason (inert) doesn't buy beers. I had to buy him the beer.Second. I'm not an awesome person. I'm a horrible person and suck at life. I guess, the one thing that is true from his post is that he would never sit at a poker table with 'them' because he'd lose all his money, which is true. E.G. BUBBLE BOY!looooool;)- Jordan
Two lies here.First. Jason (inert) doesn't buy beers. I had to buy him the beer.Second. I'm not an awesome person. I'm a horrible person and suck at life. I guess, the one thing that is true from his post is that he would never sit at a poker table with 'them' because he'd lose all his money, which is true. E.G. BUBBLE BOY!looooool;)- Jordan
Jordan is just upset that he sucks at poker. Let's examine:1 - He bought me a beer because he just won 21k the weekend before. I think he could afford it.2 - Okay. Point granted.3 - I have this memory...it's of Jordan, rebuying about 10 times, and then STILL busting out in the second hour. Meanwhile, I made the final table. Hmmmm.But I still suck.

I've got to go with the little guy from Canada who wins all those tournaments, and of course Beans. It takes a lot of time and effort for him to insert his wit into certain situations. Definite close one there.

we rarely quote each other, its odd. we've both mustard up a bunch of posts.crazy!, but i love you DD, mostly because your name reminds me of a dating movie, like "sleepless in seatle".
..that was the original intent--it was a joke more than anything.But, really, yeah..we never crossed paths much--odd, really. We represent like, .5% of the posts on this site, and we've maybe said 9 words to each other. Good times. I heart you though.Edit; Actually, I just looked--between the two of us, we make up 1.32% of the total posts on this forum. Insanity, really. Oh, and I love the fact that you said 'mustard up..' instead of 'mustered..' It seriously took me like three reads trying to figure it out.

It's gotta be Smash, how can it be anyone else?