Dreams...and They Piss Me Off!

So anywho...I keep dreaming about friggin alligators, like 3 times in the past month...there are like 100 gators that show up slowly, but the y lay side by side until I decide to start messing with them....no clue what the hell it means.Point is, its intersting (but annoying for me) to have these kind of repetitive dreams, I used to have some as a kid, as being paralyzed and semi-blind, but I read up on figured out it is probably about being powerless, which did make since to me as I had some stuff back in the day...Anyhow, I'm interested in what everyone who is interested to see what they say

Maybe it's just the balance of uppers and downers that's off. Not necessarily more or less across the board, ya know? More Meth and less pot will turn those dreams around.Amazing what a three day tweak can do for a bad run of dreams.

Aligator dreams are tough. I get them from time to time. Usually, there are alligators around and someone I care about will jump into water or something like that and I am screaming for them to hurry up and get out since a gator is making his way toward them. According to dreammoods.com dreaming of alligators mean deciet and treachery. Here is the whole meaning:

Alligator

To see an alligator in your dream, symbolizes treachery, deceit, and hidden instincts. It may be a signal for you to take a new perspective on a situation. It may also represent your ability to move between the material world of waking life and the emotional, repressed world of the unconscious. Alternatively, the alligator represents healing powers and qualities.

To dream that you are running away from the alligator, indicates that you are unwilling to confront some painful and disturbing aspect of your unconscious. There is some potentially destructive emotion that you are refusing to acknowledge and owning up to.

According to biblical interpretations, an alligator suggests that leviathan is king over the children of pride. (Psa 74:14, Job 41:1,Isa 27:1)

Oh, and I love talking about dreams. I also dream in color.

Yea, one time I was all freaked out wondering what blind people dream about. I usually don't remember my dreams but when I do it usually involves me falling from mid air.

I once dreamed that Scott Fischman and I were playing online poker together. He was my mentor and he was teaching me how to absolutely pwn it and we did. I was pullin in 20 grand a week, then I woke up and realized I had to return to my shitty life.

I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do I absolutely enjoy them. They can be very vivid and emotional when they're good. I had an exceptionally emotional dream last (if I told you what it was about, though, you'd all laugh). It was strange, actually. Last night I remember thinking as I was going to sleep that I was somewhat excited to dream, even if I don't always remember them. Maybe I have great dreams every night and only rarely and randomly remember them, or maybe I either don't dream or have boring dreams most nights and only remember the good ones.I haven't figured out if I dream in color or not yet.

I've never really understood how one thing (i,e, alligators) can stand for something in general. It seems that dreams are reflective of intensely personal feelings and thoughts, and so something might represent to one person something completely different than another.I've always found dreams interesting because mine have always been very vivid. When I was a child (though I don't remember much) I used to have extremely vivid night terrors, and apparently didn't sleep through nights consistently until I was in school. I often used to dream of falling or of myself in a Lion's Den (from the bible story about Daniel).More recently, I've had everything from nested dreams (I wake up and am still dreaming; a dream within a dream) and often several "nests." So I might wake up 3-4 times before I actually wake up. Also, I often have dreams where I am aware I am dreaming. The first time that happened was actually hilarious. I was walking alone in a forest, and just looking at trees. Then I thought to myself (in both dreams and normally I have a very active inner monologue) "what the ****? why am I in a forest? I'm never in a forest. I must be dreaming!" And so I decided to fly over to the girl's dorm. So I did.I've always wondered what it meant to become aware that you are dreaming. Sometimes I just make use of it by grabbing the nearest girl. Sometimes I just fly around. I also think I have the ability to wake myself, though I've been told that that is actually a trick your mind plays and is impossible./psychoanalysis

Aligator dreams are tough. I get them from time to time. Usually, there are alligators around and someone I care about will jump into water or something like that and I am screaming for them to hurry up and get out since a gator is making his way toward them. Oh, and I love talking about dreams. I also dream in color.
I think I read somewhere that that is true for all women and that men can only dream in black/white.But I have the most f'd up dreams ever and I can usually remember them all the next day with amazing clarity. It's weird because none of my friends can remember their dreams and if they do they aren't near as messed up as mine.Oh, and I also don't use any mind altering drugs (well besides beer /hard liquor but that's not every often)
I've always wondered what it meant to become aware that you are dreaming.
It's called lucid dreaming, and it's a fun trick. It's possible to practice the skill, and I occasionally do it.I know that I dream in color. Just awoke after dreaming about there being a fox on my front porch...and it was definitely red. There was also a large black and yellow spider in there at some point. I kept trying to take pictures with my camera phone, but electronics almost never work correctly in my dreams, and it ends up frustrating the hell out of me. If my alarm clock goes off, it doesn't always wake me up. Instead, it manifests itself in some electronic form in the dream...and I try to turn it off and can't...so I unplug the device and it's still beeping...so I start trying to smash it.Sometimes, I like remembering my dreams. Other times, it's a bit of a disappointment. "Dammit...that wasn't real."As for poker dreams, I posted about that here:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=60574
I think I read somewhere that that is true for all women and that men can only dream in black/white.But I have the most f'd up dreams ever and I can usually remember them all the next day with amazing clarity. It's weird because none of my friends can remember their dreams and if they do they aren't near as messed up as mine.Oh, and I also don't use any mind altering drugs (well besides beer /hard liquor but that's not every often)
Ya man, same here, i dream in colour and with amazing details of what was goin down.

I have had all kinds of dreams. I use to have recurring dreams a lot when I was young. I use to dream of poker all of the time but the only poker dreams of the past few months have been of Mike Matusow. Yeah, I dreamed I was his girlfriend! I once dreamt that I was dead. I was in spirit form and my mom was at my grave and I kept trying to get her attention but she could not see me. This was a few weeks after my father had died in a car accident. I know I will never forget this dream.

I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do I absolutely enjoy them. They can be very vivid and emotional when they're good. I had an exceptionally emotional dream last (if I told you what it was about, though, you'd all laugh). It was strange, actually. Last night I remember thinking as I was going to sleep that I was somewhat excited to dream, even if I don't always remember them. Maybe I have great dreams every night and only rarely and randomly remember them, or maybe I either don't dream or have boring dreams most nights and only remember the good ones.I haven't figured out if I dream in color or not yet.
I completely agree with the bolded sentance.I also get excited to dream sometimes and look forward to going to sleep. I hate it when I wake up in the middle of an awesome dream. When I go back to sleep I always try to get back into the same dream I just woke up from, but I'm not sure if it ever works.I always wonder if I have dreams every night and only remember them sometimes, or what. I would like to know what percentage of dreams I actually remember.I definitely dream in color.
It's called lucid dreaming, and it's a fun trick. It's possible to practice the skill, and I occasionally do it.
I have a friend who told me this happened to him, and I never really belived him, but I guess it happens. I wish that I could be aware I was dreaming and just do whatever I wanted. Occasionally, I'll become aware that I am dreaming, but I always wake up a second later. Hopefully it will happen to me someday. I also have different dreams that occur in the same locations. There is the one island I always dream about, specifically a bay, and I have had dozens of dreams that take place on this island, but it only exists in my dreams. It's pretty strange. I also have a lot of dreams that take place in my nieghborhood, but it's not like my real neighborhood. The dream neighborhood is always the same, though. Whenver I dream about either of these 2 places, I try and map them out in my head the next day, but I can only remeber small parts each time. I don't know, I love dreaming, it's awesome.
I have a friend who told me this happened to him, and I never really belived him, but I guess it happens. I wish that I could be aware I was dreaming and just do whatever I wanted. Occasionally, I'll become aware that I am dreaming, but I always wake up a second later. Hopefully it will happen to me someday.
It's not really particularly easy. Basically, you have to get yourself into a situation in your dream where you recognize, "There's no way this is real...this is a dream." The common initial reaction to that realization is to wake up. However, you've got to accept that you're in the dream...and just go with the flow. Don't try too hard to alter anything drastically. Basically, you're learning to steer things a bit.Again, it's not easy to do. In fact, I'm not sure that I've done it more than a few times...and not in many months. Then again, I haven't made a concerted effort.
I've never really understood how one thing (i,e, alligators) can stand for something in general.
Exaclty. Dream analysis, for the most part, is a load of horse shit.
I think I read somewhere that that is true for all women and that men can only dream in black/white.
Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?
Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?
turd nails another Family Guy reference.What does it mean when you are always watching yourself in dreams. I had a really good dream where I was making out under the covers with this girl I liked, and I realized I was just watching it happen. Or what does it mean when I watch myself get hunted by thousands of killer bees?