My New Blog Tracking My 10k In 100 Days Goal...

I decided I was going to try to win 10k in 100 days, for some background, I am usually a 2/4 and 3/6 online player and I will play some higher stakes live, I also play tournaments but this is a pretty large goal that I am hoping I can accomplish. Since I set up my goal and the blog to track it I have been running pretty hot, hopefully I can not only meet the goal but do it faster than 100 days. Check it out if interested...http://100days10k.blogspot.com

I decided I was going to try to win 10k in 100 days, for some background, I am usually a 2/4 and 3/6 online player and I will play some higher stakes live, I also play tournaments but this is a pretty large goal that I am hoping I can accomplish. Since I set up my goal and the blog to track it I have been running pretty hot, hopefully I can not only meet the goal but do it faster than 100 days. Check it out if interested...http://100days10k.blogspot.com
What was your starting bankroll?
I think we need some background personal interest story to follow you trying to do what everyone else is trying to do over a 100 days. Like an Olympic piece about a one-armed biathelete or something. :club: Though, I must say I did enjoy the discussion about hands.

You know.It seems to me like you went on a hot streak for 4 days and now decided to turn it into some crazy cool goal. Well you just screwed yourself, now you've got this plan set out to achieve which is normally unreasonable playing your limits. (I now noticed its NL, please be specific when creating threadsI'd much rather see you start this from zero instead of winning a large amount at those limits early and then turning it into a new quest.

I started the goal last Sunday and I post the following day, I did not win a large amount until a couple days after my first post, so my goal was obviously set prior to my big cash... I am out of school for the summer and decided I would try to set a goal to accomplish that was kind of high so I would have something to reach for, so far I have been incredibly hot and I expect that to cool down at some point. In addition, I set my goal so high for the limits I play because I had intentions of playing satellites into bigger events and I was hoping I would get at least one nice score throughout the summer, although I already have one that came quicker than expected.My starting bankroll was right around $1500, but I often will play a little out of my bankroll when playing live simply for entertainment factor, however online I usually have been playing $1/2 Limit Shorthanded Turbo Games and now I will be playing the $2/4 limit turbo games, and slowly progressing forwards.

From his blog, "I looked down to find KK." This was a description of a key hand in one of his online tournaments. My question is why the hell is your monitor on the floor? Isn't it easier to place it at eye level so you can look forward?

From his blog, "I looked down to find KK." This was a description of a key hand in one of his online tournaments. My question is why the hell is your monitor on the floor? Isn't it easier to place it at eye level so you can look forward?
you win.
I started the goal last Sunday and I post the following day, I did not win a large amount until a couple days after my first post, so my goal was obviously set prior to my big cash... I am out of school for the summer and decided I would try to set a goal to accomplish that was kind of high so I would have something to reach for, so far I have been incredibly hot and I expect that to cool down at some point. In addition, I set my goal so high for the limits I play because I had intentions of playing satellites into bigger events and I was hoping I would get at least one nice score throughout the summer, although I already have one that came quicker than expected.My starting bankroll was right around $1500, but I often will play a little out of my bankroll when playing live simply for entertainment factor, however online I usually have been playing $1/2 Limit Shorthanded Turbo Games and now I will be playing the $2/4 limit turbo games, and slowly progressing forwards.
Ok, now you have confused me even more. You claim in the bold section your game is limit.and on day 1 you profited 300 or 400, Is this when you decided you would play to 10k? I'm wondering why you waited until now to make an FCP thread about this, and didnt do it from day 1Edit, I'm sorry i'm being difficult, Its just that i dont see much of a "goal" here.I see a guy who is playing everything from NL MTT's to live limit, to online cash games etc..what happens if u win a MTT tomorrow and take hom 5k for example., does your goal remain the same?
Ok, now you have confused me even more. You claim in the bold section your game is limit.and on day 1 you profited 300 or 400, Is this when you decided you would play to 10k? I'm wondering why you waited until now to make an FCP thread about this, and didnt do it from day 1Edit, I'm sorry i'm being difficult, Its just that i dont see much of a "goal" here.I see a guy who is playing everything from NL MTT's to live limit, to online cash games etc..what happens if u win a MTT tomorrow and take hom 5k for example., does your goal remain the same?
The cash games I play are limit games and I also play online NL MTT's, those are really the only two I play. I really enjoy tournament play but being in college and having constant living expenses its not easy to take the variance associated with a cold streak in tournaments, so I grind out the extra cash for bills and tourney fees at the limit tables.. I guess the reason I didn't post it earlier was that I just got around to it, I am not a huge regular here and only check the forum once a week or so and I decided to post it when I was checkin the forum out last night.My goal will remain the same if I win 5k tomorrow, I guess I will be a lot closer to accomplishing the goal, if I get it done in a shorter time frame than great cause I didn't really think the goal was possible. For background, my biggest week ever prior to this was about $2400 and that included a $2000 MTT win last November, so this week I am having so far is far from an ordinary week...I had been playing $1/2 limit games...The reason I decided to start the goal on Sunday was because I had been back in my hometown since college got out and had just been hanging out, not playing much poker, but moved back up to my apartment in Minneapolis on Sunday so I thought it was a good time to establish a goal for myself for this summer.
10k in 100 days at 2/4 is very doable. The players are awful and if you put in 1250 hands a day you only have to run at 2/100.
2/100 is pretty decent, and thats without downswings and large losing sessions that can wipe out those large winning ones.but i do think that would be a good solid quest.The one he is currently doing is just basically playing poker day to day, and hoping that he'll be up 10k in 3 months
The one he is currently doing is just basically playing poker day to day, and hoping that he'll be up 10k in 3 months
The plan for the summer is to 4-6 table the $2/4 shorthanded games, so far I am still finishing up one of my summer classes during the day and heading to play live at night to get out of the apartment. However, once this class is done I will be putting in easily 1000 hands a day and grinding it out.
Tritz, is that you?
... pwahahaha... haha. sorry your posts make me feel sorry for you
Does anyone else appreciate the irony here?
OP, you DO realize your mistake, right?
  • 1 month later...