Was This Hand Misplayed?

$22 180 SNG. Chip leader of table to my immediate right. has been open min raising a lot. I am in about 17th with 44 or so left.okerStars Game #5196757211: Tournament #26142663, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2006/06/08 - 23:26:26 (ET)Table '26142663 1' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: vualuck (11072 in chips) Seat 2: donatelli (6874 in chips) Seat 3: BrokeSpoke (5280 in chips) Seat 4: skeen3131 (4267 in chips) Seat 6: !DLEW!LD (6244 in chips) Seat 7: GMoney436 (10708 in chips) Seat 8: LEGG21 (1190 in chips) Seat 9: plunk2004 (4270 in chips) vualuck: posts the ante 25donatelli: posts the ante 25BrokeSpoke: posts the ante 25skeen3131: posts the ante 25!DLEW!LD: posts the ante 25GMoney436: posts the ante 25LEGG21: posts the ante 25plunk2004: posts the ante 25!DLEW!LD: posts small blind 100GMoney436: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to donatelli [Ks Qc]LEGG21: folds plunk2004: folds vualuck: raises 200 to 400donatelli: raises 800 to 1200BrokeSpoke: folds skeen3131: folds !DLEW!LD: folds GMoney436: folds vualuck: calls 800*** FLOP *** [2h Kh 3c]vualuck: bets 400donatelli: raises 1800 to 2200vualuck: calls 1800*** TURN *** [2h Kh 3c] [7h]vualuck: bets 400donatelli: raises 3049 to 3449 and is all-invualuck: calls 3049*** RIVER *** [2h Kh 3c 7h] [As]*** SHOW DOWN ***vualuck: shows [5h Ah] (a flush, Ace high)donatelli: shows [Ks Qc] (a pair of Kings)

push flop.and yes, i read one line at a time.your preflop raise was meaningles, imo, if you aren't going to push this flop.eeking out value with the pot and your stack/blinds makes no sense to me

mehI dont like the re-raise PF, usually the min-raise means at least Ax, and if hes dumb enough to min rasie with it, he wont foldrest is fine

I would dump the hand preflop after the min-raise.KQ is a trap hand and you either win a small pot or lose a big one.I'll open with it from late MP if folded to but unless my M is really low, I'll pass preflop if at all possible.

I would dump the hand preflop after the min-raise.KQ is a trap hand and you either win a small pot or lose a big one.I'll open with it from late MP if folded to but unless my M is really low, I'll pass preflop if at all possible.
Agreed. But given the pf raise, I push the flop.

size of pf raise is fine....I just don't do that after a raise with KQo....I may call and see what happens, but I can fold this pf too.As played, you need to bet AT LEAST the size of the pot (ie. 3100) on the flop...and since that leaves you with 2k behind (meaning a 1/5 pot sized bet on turn) you may as well push it all in right now.As played, if he calls that bet there are only two possibilities, he's got a better hand than you or he's on a flush draw...and more likely a flush draw - he probably reraises with a set or AK or AA, but he may be being cute.As played, after the 3rd heart hits I'm sure you're beat...especially after that ridiculously suspiciously small bet...I'd probably call it anyway and hope for another small bet on the river, but I would never fault folding to that small bet...if he's that sophisticated to make a post-oak bluff here, good for him.As a rule, whenever I lose all my chips with top pair I'm pretty sure I misplayed the hand.

pretty much just agreeing with what is said here. First of all, i probably would have just called his raise preflop. If i chose to rraise preflop, i would have pushed to that board on the flop. If i dont reraise and he still bets 400, then a 1800 raise does sound good. the point is to bet out draws.