Anyone that DOESN'T play on pokerstars, or does but doesn't play often, I'm going to try something that I've wanted to do for a while, try it yourself for a little challenge for FCP'ers. I'm going to cash in the bare minimum allowed, $25. This is also the max buy-in for the .10/.25NL tables on Pokerstars. I intend to use thise $25 and move up in limits with the following criteria:1. I must always buy-in at the maximum, and play only 1 table.2. Moving up in limits requires having 3 buyins for the previous level (essentially this is 1 buyin for the level moved up to, and 1 buyin for the lower level, if you go bust at the higher level.)I'm curious to if anyone has tried this, and if they have, how far they got, and the strategies they used while doing it. Basically, I'm trying something new with little loss if all goes to hell. I've just hated the grind lately... seems like there's no big payoff in the future, no matter how well I play. (even though I know that variance comes in waves...)I will stop when I have >=$1,000.EDIT: Or bust.... :-D

So, basically you're playing a tourney with yourself. GL and be sure to post when you go broke.

Sounds fun I guess, but pretty much impossible to do. You are just going to have to play super super tight, or else you will risk going bust, after all, you pretty much have only one buy in for whatever limit you are at. No matter how good you are, losing a buy in for a table is never out of the question.

HIWHT, BIPW
Sorry, I'm retarded tonite and can't figure that out. I didn't mean my post as a "burn" more like you most likely will not make it to $1000, but good luck. I always thought it'd be fun to do this type of thing but never have myself

Seems better to have 3 buy ins for the new level to save you some heartache. Otherwise you are guaranteed to go busto, no?

i remember when teneight was still a member, he posted about doing this...... it is a lot of fun to try! but cinci kid is right.... basically like playing a tournament with yourself

I'm kinda wondering how the OP did now. Any update would be nice.
I've only played for like 1 hour so far, up to $27.70, only won a couple pots and lost one w/ C/B's.... hopefully some more exciting news soon, perhaps, MOVING TO .25/.50!!!HIWHT, BIPW: Hope i won't have to, but i probably will.
I'll try this right after im done beating it...and by that i meant...beating...uhthe challenge issued i guess, hell ive got work to do
your gay, no one likes you, get a life
You know it's a serious problem when your alter ego begins calling you gay...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP2 ($22.60)CO ($24.45)Hero ($33.40)SB ($11.45)BB ($22.25)UTG ($14.60)UTG+1 ($28.70)MP1 ($25.50)Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, 6diamond.gif. UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50.Flop: ($3.75) 7spade.gif, 5diamond.gif, 6club.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets $1.5, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1.50, UTG folds.Turn: ($8.25) Aheart.gif(3 players)BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $5, BB calls $5, MP2 folds.River: ($18.25) Tspade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB folds.Final Pot: $30.25Results in white below: Hero has Ad 6d (two pair, aces and sixes). Outcome: Hero wins $30.25. Up to $45.... haven't busted yet! woo.

Alright beaver...i need a break from my usual games, so im gonna try it with you. i have like $27.50 on full tilt, so im gonna try it on there. i have a 2.50 head start...so watch out!gl to you sir!Jesse

• 1 year later...