playing the board

The board reads J :) 4 :D 4 :) 4 :) J :) You raised on the button and 3 saw the flop.Flop J :D 4 :club: 4 :D It was checked around. You felt Player #2 had connected with the flop and would put you all-in if you bet. You're not sure if he holds a 4, J, or has a pocket pair. You do feel he has a hand. Turn 4 :D You called a small bet on the turn by player #2... this is a major tactical mistake, which you immediately recognize. Player #1 folds. Let me reveal your hand at this point. You hold K :) K :) .Your confident your lone opponent holds a J, based on multiple hours of play with him. You feel your best play would have been to put him all-in on the turn when he held a very powerful hand, but one vulnarable to over cards. One which he could not lay down.River J :) Your opponent immedietly goes all-in. What do you do?He has you covered in chips. The pot on the turn was aproximately 1/2 your chip stack. EX. $10 pot...you had $20. Thus you are calling $20 to win $30. My analysis:Fold. You've already misplayed the hand by not putting the player all-in on the turn. Not betting on the flop is questionable. Now a player immedietly puts you all in when the board shows a full house. However, your full house is better. The reason I say fold with confidence is that it is my experience that when players go all-in on a shared board, they have a very strong hand that a player may overlook. That is a tough situation, but an easy fold. Let's look at a more common situation.Same board, but instead you hold A :) K :D . You checked the flop and called the turn with overs and a decent high hand given the board. Your opponent goes all-in on the river.Let's look at the math.In this situation, your calling $20 to win $5. Why? At best, you will have a split pot. You cannot win his $20 bet, nor the remaining $5. This makes for a very easy fold.However, I see players making these mistakes frequently in NL games. They see a board that appears to be shared and call a large bet thinking, "it's a split anyway." The shock on their faces never ceases to amaze me. BTW...that fool who made a mockery of his KK was me. One of the worst hands I've ever played. I much rather would have had all my money in on the turn with the best hand and get drawn out on, than save money by folding on the river, which I did. My opponent held JT in his hand.