That's not my list. That's just a list of 5 players I thought of off of the top of my head who are better than Nash.
Even still, I'd put Shaq over Olajuwon, without hesitation. Even if he had great guards like Emmitt had offensive linemen, he is too dominating. He's easily second to Todd MacCulloch as best center of this generationI love lamp..
Even still, I'd put Shaq over Olajuwon, without hesitation. Even if he had great guards like Emmitt had offensive linemen, he is too dominating. He's easily second to Todd MacCulloch as best center of this generationI love lamp..
I would agree with that as well. The case could be made for The Admiral to be ahead of Olajuwon, also, but that would be close. Now that I think about it, Olajuwon may not even make my top 10.
I would agree with that as well. The case could be made for The Admiral to be ahead of Olajuwon, also, but that would be close. Now that I think about it, Olajuwon may not even make my top 10.
Please. Olajuwon was definitely better than Robinson. What more does the man have to do to get respect?

I never said Hellmuth was the best but he is one of the 10 best players ever(in NLH). as far as Jordan being the best He isnt Wilt was better Chamberlain was better oscar robinson was better kareem was better next probally Jordan what you dont understand is you are living in the ESPN world and Jordan was ESPN's favorite so the keep telling you how great he was so when everybody hears it over and over they start believing it. As far as the ESPN poll of the beswt athlete of all time how can anyone believe Jordan is the best athlete of all time when he proved it wasn't true by failing misurably in baseball. A great athlete would have been able to ride his athlethic ability. BO Jackson Deion Sanders were both way better athletes Gretzky dominated his sport like no athlete with the exception of Ruth dominated there sport.Jordan the most OVERHYPED athlete of all time.Hellmuth the most OVERHYPED poker player of all time.Both the GREATEST marketing forces EVER.

I never said Hellmuth was the best but he is one of the 10 best players ever(in NLH). as far as Jordan being the best He isnt Wilt was better Chamberlain was better oscar robinson was better kareem was better next probally Jordan what you dont understand is you are living in the ESPN world and Jordan was ESPN's favorite so the keep telling you how great he was so when everybody hears it over and over they start believing it. As far as the ESPN poll of the beswt athlete of all time how can anyone believe Jordan is the best athlete of all time when he proved it wasn't true by failing misurably in baseball. A great athlete would have been able to ride his athlethic ability. BO Jackson Deion Sanders were both way better athletes Gretzky dominated his sport like no athlete with the exception of Ruth dominated there sport.Jordan the most OVERHYPED athlete of all time.Hellmuth the most OVERHYPED poker player of all time.Both the GREATEST marketing forces EVER.
I don't know what's more absurd, you calling Jordan the fourth best player of all-time or someone else saying Hakeem is the second.

<cough> John Stockton <cough>Not as best ever, but in response to the person who said Nash was a close second. He's still got to live up to Stockton, arguably the best point guard ever.

QUOTE(Pilla @ Thursday, June 8th, 2006, 5:26 AM) I never said Hellmuth was the best but he is one of the 10 best players ever(in NLH). as far as Jordan being the best He isnt Wilt was better Chamberlain was better oscar robinson was better kareem was better next probally Jordan what you dont understand is you are living in the ESPN world and Jordan was ESPN's favorite so the keep telling you how great he was so when everybody hears it over and over they start believing it. As far as the ESPN poll of the beswt athlete of all time how can anyone believe Jordan is the best athlete of all time when he proved it wasn't true by failing misurably in baseball. A great athlete would have been able to ride his athlethic ability. BO Jackson Deion Sanders were both way better athletes Gretzky dominated his sport like no athlete with the exception of Ruth dominated there sport.Jordan the most OVERHYPED athlete of all time.Hellmuth the most OVERHYPED poker player of all time.Both the GREATEST marketing forces EVER._______________________________________________Pilla, you are a dandy man. You are so offbase on all you comments:1. Michael Jordon is simply the best basketball player of all time..... The rings back it up, the scoring titles back it up, the defense back it up, and some of the individual plays that he made back it up. Also, the ability to retire, come back, and still be an excellent player showcases him pure athletic ability.2. No player has ever played in the NBA and another professional sport. Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders simply do not back up your assertions about Jordon. Also, Jordon was competitive in baseball........AND did not play the game for over 10 years. Give him 2--3 years of baseball...then see what he can do.3. Look at the competition Jordan played against. Compare that to Wilt, Oscar, and Kareem......outside of Kareem, it doesn't even compare.4. Jordon was clutch baby!!!!!!!!Pilla.....not so clutchOh, Lebron in 5 years will give Jordon a run for him money. Until then....Jordon is the best.

_______________________________________________Pilla, you are a dandy man. You are so offbase on all you comments:1. Michael Jordon is simply the best basketball player of all time..... The rings back it up, the scoring titles back it up, the defense back it up, and some of the individual plays that he made back it up. Also, the ability to retire, come back, and still be an excellent player showcases him pure athletic ability.2. No player has ever played in the NBA and another professional sport. Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders simply do not back up your assertions about Jordon. Also, Jordon was competitive in baseball........AND did not play the game for over 10 years. Give him 2--3 years of baseball...then see what he can do.3. Look at the competition Jordan played against. Compare that to Wilt, Oscar, and Kareem......outside of Kareem, it doesn't even compare.4. Jordon was clutch baby!!!!!!!!Pilla.....not so clutchOh, Lebron in 5 years will give Jordon a run for him money. Until then....Jordon is the best.ESPN made Jordan he definately was not better then a player who averaged a triple double for a whole year or a player who averaged 50 points in a year and he isnt the all time leading scorer and he dont have the most championships. Plus he is the biggest **** i have ever met.

No player has ever played in the NBA and another professional sport.At least two have:Mark HendricksonDanny AingeI'm sure there are others.Ainge sucked as a baseball player and Hendrickson was just an NBA scrub, but the point needs to be made for the sake of accuracy.Jordan was not going to be a success at baseball even if he had stuck to it. You simply can't learn to hit major league pitching in your early 30s because hitting a baseball is the single most difficult skill in sports to learn. You need to practice a lot when you are young.Now if you say that Jordan COULD have been a major league baseball player had he concentrated on baseball from his youth - that's a different issue. We'll never know the answer to that one. Bo Jackson was one or the greatest raw athletes of his generation but he just didn't have the ingrained hand-eye coordination to be an above-average major league hitter (though what he DID achieve in baseball is remarkable given that he basically stopped playing baseball when he played football at Auburn).

Michael Jordan is the best basketball player ever. Period.
I can think of a lot of people to talk about. Before MJ, Julius Irving revolutionized the game and made MJ possible. Larry Bird played heart-on-hardwood like no one else. Magic Johnson was probably the most gifted bigger man who ever played. Kareem was .. well, anyone who hits 19 foot skyhooks in the playoffs when he's 54 years old when he's playing against 23 year olds deserves a mention. Bob Couzy was good, but it was in an era of "differently-talented" players. Bill Russell was a "new thing" to professional basketball. After MJ, there's who? Kobe? Naw. Lebron? Let's let him win something first. Anything. Shaq? Wooden was right ... the guy's a dunker, that's all. I can't think seriously think of anyone I can make a case for being better than MJ. Now, is Helmuth "Jordan-esque" at the poker table? Nope.
  • 1 month later...