Does any else see this. The guy has turned a great talent, maybe top 10 all time, into a player who people think is the best. Marketing has transformed Hellmuth into a household name as it did with Jordan. I say congradulations to him.

Does any else see this. The guy has turned a great talent, maybe top 10 all time, into a player who people think is the best. Marketing has transformed Hellmuth into a household name as it did with Jordan. I say congradulations to him.
Um, it was more than just marketing that made Jordan a household name. It was the fact that he is the greatest of all time.
Um, it was more than just marketing that made Jordan a household name. It was the fact that he is the greatest of all time.
QFT!
but we'll also notice that hardly any of the responses are actually on topic....this thread is useless.....just like hockey.
Michael Jordan was the best NBA player ever and Phil Hellmuth is not the best poker player ever. Period.

Not the place for this but Jordan is not the best ever maybe top 5.

Haha. Alright, you win. He's just pretty much unanimously accepted as such without reason, right?
i say anyone who has 9 braclets has to be pretty damn good, but hes def no MJ.
How about this? Phil Helmuth is the Michael Jordan....of BASEBALL. Think about it. All the hype, media, press, some decent numbers, but everybody was really whispering, what is he doing, really.
Yeah,no. NO-NO-NO-NO-NO. Jordan is most definitely the best ever, and most players would tell you that. It's not even close.
How about this? Phil Helmuth is the Michael Jordan....of BASEBALL. Think about it. All the hype, media, press, some decent numbers, but everybody was really whispering, what is he doing, really.
not true at all, mj stunk at baseball. ph doesnt stink at poker (even though its hard not to think that after seeing the first season of hsp)
not true at all, mj stunk at baseball. ph doesnt stink at poker (even though its hard not to think that after seeing the first season of hsp)
Oh come on I was proud of my decent analogy. It certainly works for Hellmuth in cash games as you hinted to :club:
decent numbers?
you are a moron. who is the best in your mind? lebron?

It is safe to say that there is not a SINGLE professional poker player who thinks Phil Hellmuth is the best player in the world.A large majority of contemporary NBA players would say Jordan was the best player in their lifetimes.The comparison is absurd. Thank you.

It is safe to say that there is not a SINGLE professional poker player who thinks Phil Hellmuth is the best player in the world.A large majority of contemporary NBA players would say Jordan was the best player in their lifetimes.The comparison is absurd. Thank you.
Not safe to say... Not that im all for Helmuth but Chan once sais he thinks Helmuth is the best tournament player.And for Basketball I gotta go with Nash for a close second
Not safe to say... Not that im all for Helmuth but Chan once sais he thinks Helmuth is the best tournament player.And for Basketball I gotta go with Nash for a close second
Nash a close second of all time? Jesus Christ. You think Nash is better than all of the following:1. Magic Johnson2. Larry Bird3. Wilt Chamberlain4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar5. Julius ErvingI don't even think he is the second best player in the game today, let alone of all time.
Nash a close second of all time? Jesus Christ. You think Nash is better than all of the following:1. Magic Johnson2. Larry Bird3. Wilt Chamberlain4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar5. Julius ErvingI don't even think he is the second best player in the game today, let alone of all time.
Yeah hes right Nash is good... but not that good. I still dont see Olajuwon on that list though!?
Yeah hes right Nash is good... but not that good. I still dont see Olajuwon on that list though!?
That's not my list. That's just a list of 5 players I thought of off of the top of my head who are better than Nash.