Ak Earlyish In A Sng

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t1295)SB (t1460)BB (t1525)UTG (t1840)UTG+1 (t1530)Hero (t1365)MP2 (t1600)CO (t2885)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Adiamond.gif, Kdiamond.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to t400, 4 folds, BB raises to t1525, Hero ?I've limped once from late position in a multi-way pot, but otherwise I've done very little so far. This is the first decent hand I've had and I have no read on the bb. Blinds have only just gone up, but it is a turbo sng.So, at this stage of the sng do I go for the double up or fold to survive?

worse case scenario : villian has KK (you can still catch an A) or AA. Both unlinkely but possible. best case scenario : villian has AQ - Ax and you have him dominiated and you will most likely double up. very likely holdings for villian to haveother than that, its just a race if he has a pocket pair. 50/50 shotif I double up, I have enough chips to last me for a while and play tight or I can play more aggressive and put myself in a position to win the SNG. If you fold here, then your shortstacked with the blinds rising quickly with no room to outplay your oponnents anymore. There's still a few more spots till you even make the moneyfor me it would be an easy call.

If you fold, you're left with 965 chips and an M of less than 7.The fact that this is a turbo SNG makes this a call as you have even less time to make a move. You're only a dog to two hands and in good shape against anything else.

Normal sng: I consider folding but probably call anyways (Also depends on buy in)Turbo: I'm calling 8 days a week, probably flipping here against 10s-QQ, maybe dominating AQ..

Do people really fold hands like this? I mean you couldn't have much more of an automatic call. You're getting almost 2:1 in a spot where you're almost certainly over 50% to win.

Do people really fold hands like this?
I don't know - I called as I usually do. The odds are fine given the villain's range, so that's obviously not in point here. However, given that received wisdom seems to be to survive to the money and avoid gambles, I was wondering if calling was right and/or if I should have raised a little less to start with. I think the answer is no to both questions, but I wanted to get other people's thoughts.

if you don't plan on calling all-ins w/this AKsuited, you're going to end up finding yourself pushing all in w/JKoff (hee i'm so funny :club:). It's a turbo sng, might as well make your stand here. You just don't have that many chips left and the blinds are going up fast, you have to call.

I think hands like this are the reason people play turbo's to begin with - so there shouldn't be any question about how to proceed. In (low buy-in) turbo's, you would be calling the push to your raise with much less than ace king suited...

I think hands like this are the reason people play turbo's to begin with - so there shouldn't be any question about how to proceed. In (low buy-in) turbo's, you would be calling the push to your raise with much less than ace king suited...
I play them because of time constraints.How low would you go with your calling requirements in a spot like this?
I play them because of time constraints.How low would you go with your calling requirements in a spot like this?
Tough to give a definitive answer here depending on many factors, but I would think I would probably make the call with any ace-x where x is higher than 8, K-Q suited or not, K-J suited, Q-J suited (my favorite hand) and the like.
Tough to give a definitive answer here depending on many factors, but I would think I would probably make the call with any ace-x where x is higher than 8, K-Q suited or not, K-J suited, Q-J suited (my favorite hand) and the like.
That was why I asked about the specific hand to try to eliminate the many factors. Let's address it a bit more generally, but hopefully not too generally to be able to get a sensible range - you're getting 1.9:1, you're nowhere near the bubble, and have been distracted by multi-tabling and hence have no reads on anyone. It's a $15 buy in.You'd really call with A9? Perhaps it's variance, but I seem to run into many dominated ace situations in sng's when it's come to pushbotting time, so I'd think AJ would be my minimum call there and I'm not sure I'd it that much. I guess it depends if 1) the villain has noticed that I've done s0d all so far and 2) whether that influences their hand selection.
That was why I asked about the specific hand to try to eliminate the many factors. Let's address it a bit more generally, but hopefully not too generally to be able to get a sensible range - you're getting 1.9:1, you're nowhere near the bubble, and have been distracted by multi-tabling and hence have no reads on anyone. It's a $15 buy in.You'd really call with A9? Perhaps it's variance, but I seem to run into many dominated ace situations in sng's when it's come to pushbotting time, so I'd think AJ would be my minimum call there and I'm not sure I'd it that much. I guess it depends if 1) the villain has noticed that I've done s0d all so far and 2) whether that influences their hand selection.
Only reason I said A-8 was because Harrington claims it is the CO hand for (most) pros (not necessarily in this situation though). For me persoanlly, turbos are a fun way to spend 1-25 minutes time, meaning I am much more willing to gamble in them than in a regular game (all the regulars know I am one of the tightest players around from my thoughts in the majority of the posts).
Only reason I said A-8 was because Harrington claims it is the CO hand for (most) pros (not necessarily in this situation though). For me persoanlly, turbos are a fun way to spend 1-25 minutes time, meaning I am much more willing to gamble in them than in a regular game (all the regulars know I am one of the tightest players around from my thoughts in the majority of the posts).
I'm not sure if I count as a regular, but I've read enough posts on this board to know your reputation.I'd be happier about A8 if I had the pusher easily covered. I don't know if Action Dan was referring to that situation. I must get around to finishing HOH2.
I'm not sure if I count as a regular, but I've read enough posts on this board to know your reputation.I'd be happier about A8 if I had the pusher easily covered. I don't know if Action Dan was referring to that situation. I must get around to finishing HOH2.
No, I am almost certain he definately was NOT referring to that type of situation, as he didn't discuss TURBOS (if memory serves)...

I think you have to call, your hand is too strong and you are only left with 900 chips after the raise. You are also in a Turbo SNG, AK is a monster hand in these things. Gamble it up

Easy call in that format. You could easily be up against a worse ace or an underpair. If you are up against Aces or Kings, they have another one starting in a couple of minutes. keep getting all your money in with AK suited and you will be fine.

I call in the blink of an eye if he's not noted, or noted as a poor player.. miss a heartbeat, and then say "Thank you" to myself when I double up and am lined up to win it.

I call in the blink of an eye if he's not noted, or noted as a poor player.. miss a heartbeat, and then say "Thank you" to myself when I double up and am lined up to win it.
Or say "motherf*cker!" when he shows jacks and they hold up.It's definitely one of the two.

ok.Without reading any replies...This is an auto call here.You have to know that when you put in 400 of the 1300.In fact...you should love this chance here.Seriously, I'll take this over a flat call where I have to contend with a flop push that misses me 2/3 times.ok..now I'll see who disagrees, those clowns.**********