To Smoke Or Not To Smoke While Playing?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In general, pot you are going to find in Vegas will be leaps and bounds ahead of something you are going to find in Kentucky. And in turn, people in Northern California/BC/etc will scoff at what you would find in Vegas. But I digress... :-)There used to be a zero tolerance policy in Nevada, meaning any amount resulted in a felony. In recent years however, they adapted similar laws to California I believe, where anything less then an ounce/28 grams, is a misdemeanor. Anything over that amount is still classified as a felony though I believe.
wow, patrick you know about much more than poker, i'm impressed. vegas pot is usually dirty and expensive, but then again i'm from so cal which isn't too far from norcal

That old saying "The grass is greener on the other side" was definitely a reference to California. I've been all over the country and we got the tops boys.

That old saying "The grass is greener on the other side" was definitely a reference to California. I've been all over the country and we got the tops boys.
True; but our friends north of the border do a pretty good job as well, along with the indoor you can get in Amsterdam. The California climate, especially northern (Mendecino, Humboldt, etc) is ideal for growing outdoors however.
wow, patrick you know about much more than poker, i'm impressed. vegas pot is usually dirty and expensive, but then again i'm from so cal which isn't too far from norcal
Ha, I know, pathetic isn't it?Ya, I try never to have to resort to what the 'locals' have, regardless where I am. That was a bit tricky in Aruba, but we managed it. Once you get used to a certain quality however, it's hard to go down a level. Although, if Shannon Elizabeth's ex could go from her to Annie Duke and be content, I guess someone is capable of anything if they put their mind to it. ;-)
BTW, I think the affects of mary jane that might help poker players is the calming affect it may have on them.
I am hyperactive it helps me focus in general. fwiw
Ya, I try never to have to resort to what the 'locals' have, regardless where I am. That was a bit tricky in Aruba, but we managed it. Once you get used to a certain quality however, it's hard to go down a level. Although, if Shannon Elizabeth's ex could go from her to Annie Duke and be content, I guess someone is capable of anything if they put their mind to it. ;-)
are you kidding me? who is the ex?

I recently started playing sober after playing high daily for a year. It's only been a few weeks, but I've been playing way too many hands sober. Probably because playing seems so boring folding all the time sober. Still winning, but not quite as much.

weed helps you because it makes you concentrate on what you are doinghowever, in the long run you will lose because it makes you **** up your life outside of poker and or create more bankroll leaks.p.s. i used to chief in my car every couple hours playing live...god it was great fun

WOW! I knew there was a lot of potheads out there, but not this many! I think the general concensus is if your an everyday smoker then smoking while you play with help more than hurt your play. I have to play high because the only time that I'm not high is when I'm sleeping! I smoke out of a ROOR bong usually topped with kief or bubble hash (homemade), with an occational blunt. I like pot more than I like poker and I am always down to smoke. I can't eat or sleep without, and I think it should be legalized. Whether you smoke swag, mids, beasters, or Danks you should be free to smoke it in the smoking section outside of the tournement. I'm only 21 years old and I know I am young, but the way I see it is what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger right? Weed isn't going to kill you, its a plant, just like peppers.I WOULD LOVE TO SMOKE WITH ANYONE WHO WANTS. I WILL BE PLAYING IN EVENT 1 (POOR MANS WSOP) WEARING A GIANT BUTTON WITH A WEED LEAF THAT READS LEGALIZE!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU IN VEGAS.DOSROQUITOS

Pot is fine by me but to say you can't sleep without it means you have a problem with addiction. It's still a drug like anything else that alters your state of mind.EDIT: For the record i still smoke regularly

ADDICTED? YES! BUT IT COULD BE WORSE...I COULD BE ADDICTED TO HEROIN, OR METH. I COULD BE ADDICTED TO EATING MYSELF INTO A BLOB. I COULD BE ADDICTED TO GAMBLING. I COULD BE ADDICTED TO STEALING. I COULD BE ADDICTED TO HAVING SEX WITH LITTLE BOYS OR MURDER.BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I JUST SMOKE A BONG AND PASS OUT HAPPY. I DONT SEE ANYTHING SAD ABOUT THAT.DOSROQUITOS