Risk $1000 To Win $300, Lock?

Alright, i know with sports betting nothing is ever a "lock". Anyways, on sportsinteraction.com with their prop bets you can get 2.6-1 on the NBA Finals going 6 games and 2.6-1 it goes 7 games. So if you would bet either on of these @ $500, total payout would be $1,300...well i don't really feel confindent that i could say. It could easily go in 6 or easily go to 7. But i definitely don't think it will be over in 5, as well as both teams are playing. Sooo if you put $500 on both 6 games and 7 games, u risk $1000 and win $300.What do the rest of you all think, can either of these teams sweep the series or win 4-1?

I like the bet. I see this being a very tough series for both teams, and most of the playoff series have gone to 6 or 7 games.It's not a lock, I think it's a good bet with these two teams.

I like the bet. I see this being a very tough series for both teams, and most of the playoff series have gone to 6 or 7 games.It's not a lock, I think it's a good bet with these two teams.
With these teams it does feel like a decent bet - but looking back at the last 6 years - doesn't look so great. Only 3 of 7 series went past 5 games2004-05 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons 4-3 2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0 2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-1 1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers Indiana Pacers 4-21998-99 San Antonio Spurs New York Knicks 4-1
With these teams it does feel like a decent bet - but looking back at the last 6 years - doesn't look so great. Only 3 of 7 series went past 5 games2004-05 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons 4-3 2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0 2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-1 1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers Indiana Pacers 4-21998-99 San Antonio Spurs New York Knicks 4-1
Yes, but do you remember how incredibly weak the East was in the late 90s and early 00s.

If you want to be a bettor, you should probably be able to do your math. At 2.6-1, you would bet $500 on each and make a profit of $800 if either one is right. If you like it at $300, you'll love it at $800.

If you want to be a bettor, you should probably be able to do your math. At 2.6-1, you would bet $500 on each and make a profit of $800 if either one is right. If you like it at $300, you'll love it at $800.
If you want to reply to posts, you should probably learn how to read...newb.i said i didn't want to bet one of them, but both...this would make me wagering 1000 and getting back 1300. Correct?
If you want to reply to posts, you should probably learn how to read...newb.i said i didn't want to bet one of them, but both...this would make me wagering 1000 and getting back 1300. Correct?
Confusion is the website adds your bet into the payout and odds...really 1-1.6
Yes, but do you remember how incredibly weak the East was in the late 90s and early 00s.
Yea...and the Lakers were dominant too. But still, it's the Finals, someone has to get there and put up a fight. (Or try to)
In that case, learn how to read decimal odds.
Where are all these moronic 2 posters coming from, has NWP been breeding again?

Don't be suprised if Miami wins in 5. Dampier is gonna get tore apart. And Diop is too thin. Neither are big enough names to get respect calls from the refs.Unless Howards ankle can keep up with Wade, they'll be in trouble. Terry shouldn't be able to guard him.Haslem and Posey can both "guard" Dirk. Walker can help out too. None are going to shut him down, but they'll guard him better then Dallas can Shaq.When Haslem/Wade is on Dirk.. Posey should be able to stay with Howard. Posey was a top perimeter player last year..(though he hasn't shown much this year)J Williams can stay in front of Terry. I don't see Harris getting as much playing time. Not sure who guards Stackhouse.. maybe Walker.. but Stackhouse definately can't guard Wade.If Walker/Posey/Williams hit their 3's, w/ all the help/attention Dallas is going to have to give off of Wade and Shaq.. it could be a short series.

Don't be suprised if Miami wins in 5. Dampier is gonna get tore apart. And Diop is too thin. Neither are big enough names to get respect calls from the refs.Unless Howards ankle can keep up with Wade, they'll be in trouble. Terry shouldn't be able to guard him.Haslem and Posey can both "guard" Dirk. Walker can help out too. None are going to shut him down, but they'll guard him better then Dallas can Shaq.When Haslem/Wade is on Dirk.. Posey should be able to stay with Howard. Posey was a top perimeter player last year..(though he hasn't shown much this year)J Williams can stay in front of Terry. I don't see Harris getting as much playing time. Not sure who guards Stackhouse.. maybe Walker.. but Stackhouse definately can't guard Wade.If Walker/Posey/Williams hit their 3's, w/ all the help/attention Dallas is going to have to give off of Wade and Shaq.. it could be a short series.
As an avid Lakers fan, I watched Shaq vs Dampier quite a few times when Dampier was with the Warriors. Surprisingly, Dampier probably played Shaq better then any other center in the league at the time, and I don't think there is any argument that Shaq was a more dominant player back then.Harris will guard Wade, or at least that was my understanding, and personally I think he will do a much better job then Detroit did. Also, I don't see how Miami will find an answer for Dirk...That being said, I'm rooting for Miami. Former Lakers Shaq and Pat Riley, and I'd like to see Payton get a ring before he retires.
As an avid Lakers fan, I watched Shaq vs Dampier quite a few times when Dampier was with the Warriors. Surprisingly, Dampier probably played Shaq better then any other center in the league at the time, and I don't think there is any argument that Shaq was a more dominant player back then.
I agree and I think even Shaq (who has taken plenty of shots at Dampier through the media in the past) is acknowledging Dampier's effective play now that he has to face Dampier in the Finals.Excerpts from: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=At63...ov=ap&type=lgnsWhether those things were factors or not, Shaq began a war of words with Dampier the next time they met in Dallas. The Mavs won a tight game, with Dampier forcing O'Neal into two late misses. Afterward, O'Neal said: "Damp is soft. Quote it, write it, tape it and send it to him. I tell you, there's nothing there." Then, when Dampier struggled in the playoffs last year, O'Neal used him as a punch line, saying that a leg injury was causing him to play "like Erick Dampier." O'Neal is taking the high road now, saying he was just messing around back then. "He's a good center, been playing well, him and Mr. Diop, they've been playing very well," O'Neal said. "We ain't going to make this series about words. It's two organizations that have never been there, two classy organizations. We're going to do this the right way and just duke it out on the basketball court."
well, you would be betting 1000 and if you win one of those bets you would be -500, on the one you lose and, and +1300 on the win and you dont lose your 500 dollar bet so that would be a profit of 800. so risking 1000 to win 800. So...................sounds like a good bet to meDallas is a strong team. I think that it probably will go 6 or 7 games so i think this is a good bet, but I think if it does go 5 or 4 it will be in favour of the mavs. Terry can shhhhred j. will who really cant play any d., and shaq will get his somewhat, but no-one on miami can come close to stoping Dirk. I think its gonna be a good series, With Dallas having homecourt I'm gonna have to give the nod to the mavs. Wade is a phenom, but Dallas is a nice well balanced team.
well, you would be betting 1000 and if you win one of those bets you would be -500, on the one you lose and, and +1300 on the win and you dont lose your 500 dollar bet so that would be a profit of 800. so risking 1000 to win 800. So...................sounds like a good bet to meDallas is a strong team. I think that it probably will go 6 or 7 games so i think this is a good bet, but I think if it does go 5 or 4 it will be in favour of the mavs. Terry can shhhhred j. will who really cant play any d., and shaq will get his somewhat, but no-one on miami can come close to stoping Dirk. I think its gonna be a good series, With Dallas having homecourt I'm gonna have to give the nod to the mavs. Wade is a phenom, but Dallas is a nice well balanced team.
the 1,300 includes the bet...once again, 1k to win $300...guess we will find out soon enough :club:
the 1,300 includes the bet...once again, 1k to win $300...guess we will find out soon enough :club:
dude, are you retarted. lets take baby steps. I bet 1000, if i win which is a mutually exclusive premise I am -500 on which ever bet loses, and I get back 500 on the winner, so at this point I am -500, but 2.6X500 is 1300, and 1300-500=800 of profit. Seriously, stop being so stubborn, your betting 1000 to win 800. if it was 1000 to win 300 its a retarted bet, but at 800 its pretty good. So go ahead and keep believing that it is 1000 to win 300 and go ahead and bet it. But realistically you should probably go back to grade 6 and learn some more math before you gamble with money.
To me, this means nothing considering this bet. The Nets sucked both times they made it, and the only blowout that should of gone to 6 or 7 games was when the Pistons beat the Lakers.Looking at this years playoffs, most games have gone to 6 or 7, and only one 2nd round series and beyond did not go to 6 or 7 (Nets).First Round:Detroit-Milwaukee 4-1Cleveland-Washington 4-2New Jersey-Indiana 4-2Miami-Chicago 4-2San Antonio-Sacramento 4-2Dallas-Memphis 4-0L.A. Clippers-Denver 4-1Phoenix-L.A. Lakers 4-32nd Round:Detroit-Cleveland 4-3Miami-New Jersey 4-1Dallas-San Antonio 4-3Phoenix-L.A. Clippers 4-3Conference Finals:Miami-Detroit 4-2Dallas-Phoenix 4-2
dude, are you retarted. lets take baby steps. I bet 1000, if i win which is a mutually exclusive premise I am -500 on which ever bet loses, and I get back 500 on the winner, so at this point I am -500, but 2.6X500 is 1300, and 1300-500=800 of profit. Seriously, stop being so stubborn, your betting 1000 to win 800. if it was 1000 to win 300 its a retarted bet, but at 800 its pretty good. So go ahead and keep believing that it is 1000 to win 300 and go ahead and bet it. But realistically you should probably go back to grade 6 and learn some more math before you gamble with money.
Alright d.ckhead, would you like to make a gentlemen's wager that you are still wrong? If so then i will point out how you are wrong. :club: Its funny that you are calling me a retard when you are the one that is wrong. :rolleyes:PUT YOUR $$$ WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS
Edidted by request of OP