Long time lurker..Finally posting. I've been recently playing small stakes mtts (5+50) on FCP and have had some great results. Out of 10 tournies I've won 1, got 4th,7th, 15th, 19th, 39th, 52nd, 80th, and the rest I've gone out in the beginning, all the tournies avg. a 400 person field. I know that my sample size isn't big but is it that I play MTT's well or is it because of the stakes I'm playing at, or luck/varience? I've been playing poker for about 2 years, and online for one year. I'm a winning playing over the past year in the .50c/$1 lhe, and the micro nl tables on FCP. Also, is the play the same in the 10- 30 dollar tournies?

It probably is good play combined with positive variance. Even if the field is weak, nobody can expect to consistently FT tourneys with more than 400 players. But, as long as you're winnin money, that's all that matters.

Someone named "general forum" is reading this topic. Who are you?As for the question, yes it is good variance, but until you get a larger sample size I can only guess that it is also a result of good play and weak opponents.

Long time lurker..Finally posting. I've been recently playing small stakes mtts (5+50) on FCP and have had some great results. Out of 10 tournies I've won 1, got 4th,7th, 15th, 19th, 39th, 52nd, 80th, and the rest I've gone out in the beginning, all the tournies avg. a 400 person field. I know that my sample size isn't big but is it that I play MTT's well or is it because of the stakes I'm playing at, or luck/varience? I've been playing poker for about 2 years, and online for one year. I'm a winning playing over the past year in the .50c/$1 lhe, and the micro nl tables on FCP. Also, is the play the same in the 10- 30 dollar tournies?
Take a sample playing +600 entrants with $30+ buy in