PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: econ_tim is BB with Kclub.gif, Aheart.gif. 3 folds, SB raises, econ_tim 3-bets, SB caps, econ_tim calls.Flop: (8 SB) Qspade.gif, 6club.gif, 6spade.gif(2 players)SB bets, econ_tim calls.Turn: (5 BB) Jheart.gif(2 players)SB bets, econ_tim calls.River: (7 BB) 4club.gif(2 players)SB bets, econ_tim calls.Final Pot: 9 BB Haven't been paying attention to the action because I had to reconfigure my HUD. This is the first good hand I've seen. I would like a turn raise if the preflop didn't get capped.

What do you beat?
AT, A9, A8, A7, T9, 72, etc.This is a blind battle. People will cap some really bizarre hands. Sure, the Q and J kinda suck, but once we get to the river (and we should get to the river), folding can't be right.I like how you played it.
AT, A9, A8, A7, T9, 72, etc.This is a blind battle. People will cap some really bizarre hands. Sure, the Q and J kinda suck, but once we get to the river (and we should get to the river), folding can't be right.I like how you played it.
True enough, but I think we need a read that he will keep pushing w/o a pair.

I would think this is pretty standard against your typical opponent. Even if we're beat, we get to at least see the hands our opponent caps with which is valuable information.

If you know you're going to be calling a bet on the river anyway, I think it would be better to raise the turn instead. This may get AK, TT, 99, 88, etc. to fold, otherwise you'll probably get a free showdown. If he puts another bet into the pot, you know you're beat.

If you know you're going to be calling a bet on the river anyway, I think it would be better to raise the turn instead. This may get AK, TT, 99, 88, etc. to fold, otherwise you'll probably get a free showdown. If he puts another bet into the pot, you know you're beat.
That's just a suicidal play to be honest. Raising the turn is horrible when you have a hand that you can showdown and also most likely have outs to make the best hand too. I think you probably have zero fold equity on the turn, I don't think he folds anything that you're not already ahead of.
That's just a suicidal play to be honest. Raising the turn is horrible when you have a hand that you can showdown and also most likely have outs to make the best hand too. I think you probably have zero fold equity on the turn, I don't think he folds anything that you're not already ahead of.
I think 22 would fold to a turn raise. You won't get 3-bet by many hands that don't have you dominated.