PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is Button with Q :D , Q :D . 1 fold, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, MP calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) 2 :) , K :) , 6 :)(2 players)MP bets, Hero calls.Turn: (4.75 BB) 4 :club:(2 players)MP bets, Hero calls.River: (6.75 BB) 2 :D(2 players)MP bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 8.75 BBVillain is 34/23/1.8 after only 35 hands.

I would've raised the flop, if he 3 bets, then I would call and painfully fold QQ on the turn if he bets out. Otherwise I bet the turn if he checks.
Not a bad line, but I like calling down better.
I would've raised the flop, if he 3 bets, then I would call and painfully fold QQ on the turn if he bets out. Otherwise I bet the turn if he checks.
I'm thinking raising will almost always get me 3-bet by a better hand, sometimes called down by a better hand, while it will also stop a worse hand from bluffing, or possibly fold it.It didn't feel right at the time, but I'm happy with how I played this hand after analyzing it.
why? did you end up calling down someone who had A high?
I think you do enough to make calling profitable. I don't want to fold QQ HU in a shorthanded game so I don't really like Raise/Call/Fold turn UI. I'd rather lose 1 more BB trying to pick off a poorly played A high.
why? did you end up calling down someone who had A high?
I really don't like to give results when I post hands because it really doesn't matter, but yeah, he did have A9.Basically, it all boils down to how often we are ahead here, and clearly, we are ahead often enough to call down, at least.IMO, raising probaly folds a worse hand, and gets 3-bet by a hand that crushes us a lot. Unless we have reason to believe he will call down in situations like this heads up with ace high, even when raised, I think raising is a bad idea in this hand.
IMO, raising probaly folds a worse hand, and gets 3-bet by a hand that crushes us a lot. Unless we have reason to believe he will call down in situations like this heads up with ace high, even when raised, I think raising is a bad idea in this hand.
hmm interesting point
EXACTLY!! Raise that Flop! I notied there was a flush draw out there as well I would raise flop and if the villian simply calls I would continue on Turn!
Not a bad line, but I like calling down better.
calling down? Whoa! Talk about playing passivly! Missing out on bets, in order to survive in this game in the long run, its all about extracting as many bets with your hands/draws as possible! And can't play defensivly once theres a face card that hits the flop...Calling will gather- ZERO INFORMATION jst my 2cents :D
, raising probaly folds a worse hand,
really? so rather risk villian catching his backdoor flush with the :club: or Ace, on turn on river, than winning the pot right there, missing out on BETS which = $ in the long run by playing defensivly and callings vs. raising.guess everyone has there style, and lets not 4get to mention its Short Handed :D
calling down? Whoa! Talk about playing passivly! Missing out on bets, in order to survive in this game in the long run, its all about extracting as many bets with your hands/draws as possible! And can't play defensivly once theres a face card that hits the flop...
thanks. now maybe screech will not go BUSTO!