Wow!! How did they go from such a great show in the first season to the crap they showed tonight. It seems that this group is a lot more interested in small talk and TV time as opposed to playing serious poker. Please bring back Ted Forrest, Doyle, Todd Brunson, and Jennifer Harman.

Also, since this is not live, why cant they edit out the three minutes of bs the guys waist pretending they are gonna call?
It's the only way to make poker successful for the common folk out there in that there Tv Land Dagnabit

its not like every episode last season was lights out.

Oh come on any show with the grinder is amazing......
he seemed high and dumb during that interview, or drunk or something. I'll chalk it up to nerves b/c he seemed more alive and fluid at the table.

I've got to disagree. I found this episode pretty entertaining. The caliber of players isn't as great, but the personalities are more outgoing.

It was either right after a commercial break or right after some dipshit commentary from Gabe, but Gabe said, "And we rejoin the table right after The Grinder just won a pot for over $80,000"Why the fuck wouldn't they show a pot worth almost a hundred grand?Also, those retarded hosts remind me of a retarded kid who tried to play high school football locally a few years ago. His name was Gabe as well. http://www.westword.com/Issues/1997-03-20/news/feature.htmlOh well. I hate the mouth and miss hellmuth's childlike antics.See you all in hell.

Wow!! How did they go from such a great show in the first season to the crap they showed tonight. It seems that this group is a lot more interested in small talk and TV time as opposed to playing serious poker. Please bring back Ted Forrest, Doyle, Todd Brunson, and Jennifer Harman.
amen.
It was either right after a commercial break or right after some dipshit commentary from Gabe, but Gabe said, "And we rejoin the table right after The Grinder just won a pot for over $80,000"
I think it was $92k actually...and yeah...I thought it was rather strange that they'd tell us about it and not show it. There was quite a bit of "dead air" that could've been cut out of this episode.

I agree that there was a little too much dead air but I thought it was quite entertaining...and funny! We also have to remember that there are 15 episodes left and much more to come. Also, I haven't seen much of Daniel Alaei but I get the feeling he's really good

fred C is going broke ~ the question is who is going to get his money first !!!i like the mouth on the show !who ever dressed daniel should be shot . tilly look GOOD...the grinder played well ~ poor sammy

I think it was $92k actually...and yeah...I thought it was rather strange that they'd tell us about it and not show it. There was quite a bit of "dead air" that could've been cut out of this episode.
You guys are wrong - they did show the hand. It was the one where Farha made a bluff attempt at the wrong time and Grinder picked him off. It was the last hand they showed before the break I think. For some reason when they came back Gabe Kaplan was first mentioning it. I guess they could've edited it a little better so if people just turned on the show they would know what he's talking about but they def showed the hand...

Yes they showed the hand. Aren't you people paying attention? Geeze.I agree that last night's show was lacking for some reason. Probably just missed the older guys and their action.EliDoyleToddTedJenniferBarryThey were all missed.

You guys are wrong - they did show the hand. It was the one where Farha made a bluff attempt at the wrong time and Grinder picked him off. It was the last hand they showed before the break I think. For some reason when they came back Gabe Kaplan was first mentioning it. I guess they could've edited it a little better so if people just turned on the show they would know what he's talking about but they def showed the hand...
I'll have to check my DVR, but I am fairly sure that Gabe announces the total pot, which was closer to $142K. But I was taking shots of Crown, so meh.
I couldn't agree more. Last season was about playing poker. That's what I liked about it -- yeah you got to see their personalities a bit, but mostly you got to see them play poker.If last nights episode was an example of season 2 then it is going to be about playing to the camera. I just wanted Mike to shut the **** up! I little bit of him goes a long way -- and it isn't entertaining. If I want to see an idiot clown, I'll watch the circus. I wanted to see some good poker thats why I tuned into HSP. Sammy did not seem to be having a good time -- did you notice. Yeah, bring back Ted, Doyle, Todd, and Eli.

My biggest problem is that the business side of this kind of show is overriding the entertainment/learning value of the show.They'd air one phucking hand and go back to 8 commercials. What, we seen 13 hands of poker in an hour timeframe, ... :club: We need a 2 hour block, or the network to lay off just a bit.It's beyond ridiculous.

They'd air one phucking hand and go back to 8 commercials. What, we seen 13 hands of poker in an hour timeframe, ... :club: We need a 2 hour block, or the network to lay off just a bit.
TIVO. :D