Need Help In Large Fields

Hello all,A bit of a dillema in my MTT play has arisen in my last few MTT cashes. I seem to make it to the money, and stay a while, but cant seem to final table any big tourney lately. I havent had this problem, and it may be variance, but i am sure there is something I can do to change this.Examples: My last few PokerDB cashes: 12th in a 5NL, 21st in the "big" 5R, 46th in the 10r 55k guarenteed, and this morning 21st in a 30$ tourney.Stats for the 10r:You finished in 46th place (eliminated at hand #5147227647).334 hands played and saw flop: - 17 times out of 39 while in small blind (43%) - 19 times out of 39 while in big blind (48%) - 27 times out of 256 in other positions (10%) - a total of 63 times out of 334 (18%) Pots won at showdown - 14 out of 22 (63%) Pots won without showdown - 32And this morning:You finished in 21st place (eliminated at hand #5160777387).207 hands played and saw flop: - 9 times out of 25 while in small blind (36%) - 6 times out of 24 while in big blind (25%) - 13 times out of 158 in other positions (8%) - a total of 28 times out of 207 (13%) Pots won at showdown - 7 out of 12 (58%) Pots won without showdown - 26Unlike a lot of people with this problem, I play aggresive as we get in the money. Sometimes I play a little too aggressive I think, and am forced to make some bad calls with good odds when people play back at me. Other times I will have a legit hand, and either lose a race or lose as a favorite. I do not really try to conserve chips, I am more concered with accumulating chips. I may have some flaws in my game/line of thinking, if anyone has some advice for me it would be greatly appreciated!

You want to be aggressive but not too aggressive, just for the reason you posted. You end up having to call short stacks with less than stellar hands. Before I make a raise in these situations I always look at what stacks could come over the top and depending on the hand, give myself room to fold or call with hands I want to be in a battle with a small stack with. The key is to be just aggressive enough than you really do get a big hand that someone comes over the top because they are aggravated that you keep "stealing the blinds".

I do agree that 13% is a little low, but that's what happens when you aren't getting cards. IMO 15-18% is usually "correct" in big tourneys. 30% is ridiculous at a full table.

my mistake was making it seem like i was referring to the overall tourney......I should verify by saying more so to that percentage at lower/earlier levelsget in cheap, hit a couple big flops and ACCUMULATE.....which is what was stated was guru's strategy to accumulatephrased it wrong way....either way 13% is very low

the reason my flop % is so low is that I rarely call a raise preflop. I am usually folding, and sometimes re raising. I dont like to take flops from the blinds with hands liek AJ, KQ, and 89, since I will be OOP. however, if i feel the raiser is weak and made his raise from LP, I will re raise him...