Classic Calling Station Conundrum (2/4)

Bodog 2/4 NLHE (7-handed)MP1 $436Cobalt $394Cobalt is CO w/ Q :club: Q :). MP1 is a super calling station donkey. He chases down any draw (calling full pot bets on gut-shots) like no one's business. He seems to be somewhat passive, but I've only played a couple rounds.Pre-flop:UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Cobalt raises to $24, 4 folds, MP1 callsFlop ($62): T :D 7 :D 5 :) (2 players)MP1 checks, Cobalt bets $52, MP1 min-raises to $104, Cobalt callsTurn ($270): 8 :D (2 players)MP1 checks, Cobalt ?I've got $266 left.

you just got min raised by a calling station donkey who likes to chase draws. I would also give him credit for liking to check raise the river as most donkeys do.MarkEdit: Doh, sorry, reading too fast. I was a street off. In my mind, if a player who I consider a donkey min raises me, thats a sign of big strength. If they follow it with a check, that tells me the same thing. In a donkeys mind, a min raise is good, and then after showing strength they think they can check raise. I don't think the free card theory runs through a donkeys head. I see the river cheaply here.

you just got min raised by a calling station donkey who likes to chase draws. I would also give him credit for liking to check raise the river as most donkeys do.MarkEdit: Doh, sorry, reading too fast. I was a street off. In my mind, if a player who I consider a donkey min raises me, thats a sign of big strength. If they follow it with a check, that tells me the same thing. In a donkeys mind, a min raise is good, and then after showing strength they think they can check raise. I don't think the free card theory runs through a donkeys head. I see the river cheaply here.
I assume you called the flop reraise so that you could re-evaluate on the turn. Since you didn't really get any info on the turn, I'd take one off and re-re-evaluate on the river.erac
I assume you called the flop reraise so that you could re-evaluate on the turn.
Yup. The problem here is that the board is super draw-heavy and he could easily be playing some sort of junk ten.

If he is minimally aggressive, let's check the turn behind and see what happens on the river. Unless we push (we may be killed right now) he's not going away by betting the turn, so the villain will get to see the river anyway, right?

If he is minimally aggressive, let's check the turn behind and see what happens on the river. Unless we push (we may be killed right now) he's not going away by betting the turn, so the villain will get to see the river anyway, right?
I dont like this. You hate so many cards that could come off on the river and his turn check screams draw to me.If we check behind we give him a free chance to make his draw (which we may pay off depending what draw hits), orHe misses his draw and we make no more $$ from him. The read was that he'll call big bets with a crappy draw so we should let him.Jam the turn.
I dont like this. You hate so many cards that could come off on the river and his turn check screams draw to me.If we check behind we give him a free chance to make his draw (which we may pay off depending what draw hits), orHe misses his draw and we make no more $$ from him. The read was that he'll call big bets with a crappy draw so we should let him.Jam the turn.
If he's got us crushed, which most times he does by the turn, then the river bet will be fairly moderate considering the mini raise and his passiveness. He's made something on this turn more times than he's chasing. Pot control let's us check and call a bet on the river.

macphec's argument won out in my mind. Part of me wanted to check...and part of me was freaking out that I'd give him a free card in a huge pot for some stupid draw or top pair. I pushed. I cringed when he turned over T7s and the river blanked. :club:

macphec's argument won out in my mind. Part of me wanted to check...and part of me was freaking out that I'd give him a free card in a huge pot for some stupid draw or top pair. I pushed. I cringed when he turned over T7s and the river blanked. :club:
the first hand i considered was T7s and the second/third were TT and 77. my feeling is that when a weak chasing donkey min-raises the flop, he's telling you that you're already beat and that he won't fold the hand no matter what cards come.god. he played the hand like someone at a $.25 table would.