24 players left, 18 make the money, steep structure, top 3 make most of the money. Just took a sick beat to end up in this ugly situation. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB (t4865)UTG (t22889)Hero (t1815)MP1 (t6597)MP2 (t25122)CO (t11133)Button (t6845)SB (t4628)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Qspade.gif, 2spade.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to t1765, Pretty standard, no?

Because the BB and SB are so short I don't much mind it. If I get extremely short stacked (under 2BB) I tend to wait for until I'm in the BB to push unless I pick up something decent. Here picking up the blinds would be nice but you're still going to have to push again.

Because the BB and SB are so short I don't much mind it. If I get extremely short stacked (under 2BB) I tend to wait for until I'm in the BB to push unless I pick up something decent. Here picking up the blinds would be nice but you're still going to have to push again.
Waiting to the BB means you have less dead money to go after. I almst always push UTG if I have anything decent.

Well, standard would be to push your whole stack here, but I kinda like saving the 50 chips. It makes it look a little more like you have something. (Of course, if this is just a converter issue, than you can simplify to yes, standard.)

This is a blurb from a post that PMJackson21 made awhile back - I'm going to bump that thread as it was a good one. I bolded the part that I think is relevant to your situation. I follow this methodology now and would have waited until I was in the BB unless I picked up a very strong hand. Short Stack PlayOnce again, this is a topic that has been discussed and written about before, but I thought it was important enough to reiterate. I sometimes get impatient and ignore my own advice, but patience is the only way to play a short stack. Patient aggression. Be the first one in the pot when you're going to push unless you have a monster. So many times players say well it's been raised to me, but I'm short and have a10, I can't get away. Yes, yes you can, wait until you are first in, and leave yourself the option of stealing hte blinds without being called.Ya, patience is the key. I'm a huge proponent of first in vig. Don't fall in love with the first ace you see or the first paint; analyze the situation and make sure you are giving yourself the best chance to survive. Pushing into a raise and a call with AT without any fold equity is not the way to do that.If I am _extremely_ short stacked ( I mean 3 bb or below range) I will only play a premium hand and instead wait for the bb to hit me to commit my chips. With no fold equity, you are going to get called by hands that have you in bad shape normally if you push with a marginal hand, but if you wait until the BB you will often get people to come after you with lackluster hands. It's probably the only thing I have ever, and ever will, agree with Russ Boyd on.