Getting The Most Out Of A Flopped Set

lolB)hey, I wasn't going to name names because I can't begin to speak intelligently for much beyong 30+3's!but I guess it was pretty clear the post referenced. :club:
Hehe, no worries. In all honesty, that hand, I liked the river call but I didn't like the turn bet.
Thanks for all the discussion. I really appreciate it.For the record, I was not stating that my play was the best way to get the most out of a flopped set. In fact, he caught his flush on the river. That to me is not relevant. My goal was to learn how most of you view this situation and the responses were great and gave me a lot to think about.
I liked the hand and I liked most of your analysis as the thread went along, continue posting in here, you're good stuff.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus, if I check when I flop a set (or top 2 or something similiar) he has a much much easier time defining my hand on the turn if I check the flop and he bets out on the turn and I raise, because now you have limited your hand ranges here to a hand that completely missed on the flop or a hand that hit the flop incredibly good.
I'm just going to go ahead and repeat this to myself ten times out loud...
We had a "keys to winning tournaments" thread a while back and one of the main ones was getting paid off on your big hands,
I'll search but do you have a link?
this is umm...pretty simple. under what scenarios are you going to get action? if he has an ace, or maybe a middle pair. just bet the flop and when he check raises you can maybe let out a little more rope and just call, hoping he'll shove on the turn. but hoping he'll make a strong second best hand on the turn is silly.
I agree. What is he going to pay you off on the turn that he's not going to pay on the flop? Also if you check you give him a free chance to make a straight with KJ or KT and double up.
I'll search but do you have a link?
I can't find it.I owe you a reply in the AK hand, let me get on that.