Things That Make You Go Hmm (1/2)

Bodog 1/2 NLHE (9-handed)Cobalt $317CO $112Button $209BB $70Cobalt is MP1 w/ A :D Q :D. My image is probably TAG. (Only hand I've shown down was AA.) CO seems loose and donkish. No significant reads on others. Button has been chatting about how he's dropped $7.7k on Bodog in the past three weeks (potentially a ruse...but the specific figure makes it somewhat believable). I haven't played a pot with him and I haven't seen any of his hands.Pre-flop:2 folds, Cobalt raises to $7, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, BB callsFlop ($29): 8 :D T :) 9 :club: (4 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets $20, 1 fold, Button raises to $150, 1 fold, Cobalt ?Button has $52 behind after his raise. Also, to be sure, does anyone prefer a check in this spot as opposed to a c-bet?

well, he's not folding obviously. You have a ton of outs unless you're facing a set. I get it in here, just seems like an absurd raise. Then again, I probably just get it in out of spite, because I'm too aggressive in these spots. Perhaps he has J/10?I CB a lot; this seems a pretty apt spot, with overs + NF + straight draws. Of course varying your play helps...if you want to take the card and eval on turn, that's fine too. Obviously you're questioning yourself since he CR'd so big; had he simply folded to the CB, it's not even a hand worth discussing.

I like the c-bet more than checking. I understand not wanting to go at this ridiculously coordinated board, but eh.. I wanna bet at this board when i've raised w/ 88 or the like as well. I don't htink you can call the push. It's just too much. I mean our best hope is that this bet is kj hearts. But there's a ton of other made hands that make this play that we don't have close to odds to call.

you can't call because that committs you anyway. A push only makes sense if you have fold equity, which you don't since his raise was too big. I think this is a fold.erac

Not that this will surprise anyone, but I shove about .01 miliseconds after BB checks.good luck.
when you push here what types of hands do you think will call versus fold? because i would assume that makes a big difference in whether you push or not because you need to have some fold equity to make it a profitable play.this may be a difficult question but could you throw an estimate out there for what percentage of the time you take down the pot right there v. how often you are getting called? and based on the percentage what range of hands are you getting called with. top pair, two pair, etc.
when you push here what types of hands do you think will call versus fold? because i would assume that makes a big difference in whether you push or not because you need to have some fold equity to make it a profitable play.this may be a difficult question but could you throw an estimate out there for what percentage of the time you take down the pot right there v. how often you are getting called? and based on the percentage what range of hands are you getting called with. top pair, two pair, etc.
:club:
Not that this will surprise anyone, but I shove about .01 miliseconds after BB checks.good luck.
You woulda shoved $300 into a $21 pot? Be honest.
when you push here what types of hands do you think will call versus fold?Couldn't care less.good luck.
I'm sure you've explained this a thousand times, but I couldn't find any with the lousy forum search function. Can you explain why?erac**or post a link**
I'm sure you've explained this a thousand times, but I couldn't find any with the lousy forum search function. Can you explain why?erac**or post a link**
Smash will push this way with the nuts as well. So he's either going to run over the table like this, or he's going to start getting looked up by marginal hands. When he's up against marginal hands he's never in awful shape. When his opponents look him up w/ marginal hands, some time's they're in awful shape.

This hand is odd, because we could be beating alot of hands that a LAG might be pushing here (FD or str8 draw) and We arent in bad shape against most things other than a set. I agree wtih krup tho, and go with the fold, mainly just because you've invested very little in this pot. On the other hand you could gamble here and shove.

Stick it all in. If you win, you're not only better than everyone at your table, but you're better than everyone with nearly three buy-ins and can run over it for a while.If you lose, rebuy to 200 and grind your way back.I'm not even thinking about the odds in this case because 1) you're not a huge dog to anything and 2) the advantage you'll have with a huge stack will make up for it over the remainder of the session.

I'd go ahead and push here. I think the amount we win from a lower flush draw/flush+straight draw more than makes up for the amount we lose against a set or a straight.