Is This Possible To Fold

5400 in chips in an MTT 137 left(100 cash), blinds 400/800im on button with AK :club: folds around to the cutoff who raises to 2500now the problem is Ive bee at this table for 30 min, and this is the first time Ive seen him raisecan I muck this at all

Since he's in the CO... he could make this raise with a wide range of marginal to premium hands.... I think pushing here w/ AK is the optimal play. And now, how could you EVER fold AK to a single raise?

5400 in chips in an MTT 137 left(100 cash), blinds 400/800im on button with AK :club: folds around to the cutoff who raises to 2500now the problem is Ive bee at this table for 30 min, and this is the first time Ive seen him raisecan I muck this at all
Of course you can. Whether it's right to do so is a different matter.Out of interest, what was the cutoff's stack after his raise and was his lack of raising a lack of first in opportunity, i.e. someone's already raised whenever he's in late position?
5400 in chips in an MTT 137 left(100 cash), blinds 400/800 you should be salivating before you push.
youre righti should be incredibly happy to push considering 90% of the time I am behind and about 25% of the time im crushed
youre righti should be incredibly happy to push considering 90% of the time I am behind and about 25% of the time im crushed
he has AA/KK 25%? Doubt it.and being 45/55 against pairs, makes this a no -brainer. Overlay and need to gamble in MTT"s to accumulate, and your MYou are against AQ as often as AA/KK.easy push, don't give us material for the fish thread....
he has AA/KK 25%? Doubt it.and being 45/55 against pairs, makes this a no -brainer. Overlay and need to gamble in MTT"s to accumulate, and your MYou are against AQ as often as AA/KK.easy push, don't give us material for the fish thread....
dont, he was playing super tight, he had limped with 99 from about the same spot so a raise really freaked meAAKKQQJJTTAKAQ(maybe)
if you have x-ray vision, why post here?get over your reads, and gamble.not sure what you want from us.
where did I say this?

8 out of 10 times I'd move over the top.1 out of 10 I'd flatcall.1 out of 10 I might fold, if I really really really believed I was up against the Rockets.

8 out of 10 times I'd move over the top.1 out of 10 I'd flatcall.1 out of 10 I might fold, if I really really really believed I was up against the Rockets.
....thats worse than foldingyoure putting 65%of your stack in

just because a player raises who hasnt in a while, doesnt mean that you can put him on aces after an open raise.so whoever said they would fold this 1 in 10???????Second, you are shortstacked and are going to need to gamble eventually, are you really asking this question when there has been one raise and it is from the cutoff and you have AKs......If you dont beat him in the pot here you will be a losing tourney player in the long run. Money is made by finishing deep. What do you get for 100 place....your money back?

If you dont beat him in the pot here you will be a losing tourney player in the long run. Money is made by finishing deep.
Agreed - to go far in tournaments you have to draw your line in the sand at somepoint with AK. This is that time. All-in baby!
30 minutes??? maybe 300 minutes, but 30 minutes is nothing...I've gone 50/60 hands where I haven't LIMPED let alone raised...and it wasn't due to tightness, is was due to not seeing anything better than J3o.30 minutes is an insignificant time to gauge anything.Except that I can have sex 15 times in that span.

Let's reword this question a little more clearly:I have a stack of less than 7xBB with 137 people left in a tournament. I am dealt Ace King suited on the button. It is folded to the cutoff who raises to 3xBB.Should I fold?Even against the (unrealistic) hand range you assumed of TT,JJ,QQ,KK,AA,AK, you have 43% equity with AKs. If you include AQ, you go to 51%.In either case you are getting the correct odds to call. Hell, now let's assume he has decided to do a Gus play and raise with total trash like KQs or AJ. Now you are 57%. Do you see where this is going?

Your M is too low to try to wait for a better spot. Another 10 hands and your stack is down to $4200, the blinds jump to at least $500, $1000, and you have no fold equity. Then your looking at j 10 suited and deciding now or never. I like this spot better.

What? How are we not folding here? We have a HUGE M and its folded around to the CO and he obviously has Aces..He would never raise with anythign else here.. Instapush!? Ha, Insta fold....