Update On My Poker Students

It's obviously still early, but these guys are doing GREAT! I couldn't be happier with them. Everything is really coming together nicely.I've seen them all play now, and watched their games improve. The tourney guys are making final tables left, right and center. They have all displayed a winning attitude. Just wanted to share with everyone. I'll try and keep you updated. Good Luck.Steve

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the students?
I really don't want to discuss that until the end of training. Six months, I'll make the introductions.......unless of course one of them wins the WSOP main event, then well ya know, lol.
rdog = student.just a guess.- Jordan
good call... i did however put my guess about this in about 3 minutes before you so i win the prize

Nope, checkymcfold and Zimmer4141 are almost certainly 2 of them. RDog could certainly be the 3rd.

rdog = student.just a guess.- Jordan
LOL. Though I can see how this would add up, I will end this speculation. I am not one of Steve's students. I have been pretty hot lately but for the most part this isn't much different than my last year (probably a little higher profile tournies that I am getting deep in). There are still a lucky 3 out there.

I'll break the silence... hold onnow that is strange...I just said "break the silence"would that be a poot that makes no sound???Anyway, I was one of the students but unfortunately didnt cut the mustardwait a minute...I just said "cut the mustard"would that be a...nevermindHows life treatin ya Steve?

I really don't want to discuss that until the end of training. Six months, I'll make the introductions.......unless of course one of them wins the WSOP main event, then well ya know, lol.
Can you discuss why you picked who you did? What stood out?
Nope, checkymcfold and Zimmer4141 are almost certainly 2 of them. RDog could certainly be the 3rd.
I'm not one either. I know Grinder wouldn't be for probably the same reason I wasn't chosen.I'd definitely guess checky, but I'm not sure as to the other 2 as of right now.But, I already beat Steve HU anyway, so there's not much I could learn from him :club:

LOL. I guess we better stop saying who it ISN'T otherwise it can be figured out by process of elimination. So...okay....maybe I am one :club:

sorry if i am ignorant, but who the hell is st :club: eve?
Steve's been a guy around the forums almost since their inception, he has been kind of a mentor to all of us. Always a nice guy and always has great advice. About 8 months ago, he started mentoring PrtyPSux, and since then he has been blowing it up online, just killing tournaments, so that's where he gets a lot of his credability from.
Steve's been a guy around the forums almost since their inception, he has been kind of a mentor to all of us. Always a nice guy and always has great advice. About 8 months ago, he started mentoring PrtyPSux, and since then he has been blowing it up online, just killing tournaments, so that's where he gets a lot of his credability from.
thanks zimmer
Zimmer, i must have missed the memo on why me and you weren't picked. Explanation?
I know that you're in roughly the same age range as I am (I think you're a bit older, but we're both still graduating high school this year). Basically what Steve told me is that he subscribes more to the Barry Greenstein school of thought that you should square everything away with education and life until you're 21, then turn to poker. I would probably do this if not for online poker, and I think I have to play while I can, because with some of this legislation looming, I don't know how much longer we'll be able to play online. I respect Steve's decision and understand why he would opt not to mentor me.