A Little Worried About Daniel.

I'm a little worried that you might be digging yourself into a hole with golf. You make plenty of money playing poker, but is it possible you are spending more on golf than gaining on other areas? It would be really sad if your great poker playing was overshadowed by a gambling problem with golf. Maybe there is no need to worry, but when you don't post totals for golf, it sends up warning flags. Hopefully I'm not out of line, but I think those of us at FCP look up to you as a poker player and do care if things aren't going so well.-MellCongrats on the great poker playing lately!

I know he will gamble, heck, i gamble when i play mini-golf. I just hope he is staying within his means.As far as his wife, I have never read Daniel reference talking to his wife about finances. I'm sure he is doing fine now, I would just be very upset if a great poker player like Daniel went belly-up over gambling on golf.

i'm so not worried about DN's golf gambling that i'll facilitate it:DN, you and me, 500 dollars a hole. and i can't use a driver. :club:

I think it's sad if he wins a cool mill, and loses it back into golf. I mean, please take some lessons first, you'll notice how much it helps.But please don't play yourself into a hole.

If he takes lessons, he will get better, but it likely won't affect his wagers. The bets are based on numbers of strokes, so if he gets better, they start taking strokes away. Of course, I'd rather be good with less strokes, but that's just me. I always think I can do better than I actually can.

right now i think DN is fine with moneyjust look his cash game wins recentleyi odnt think hes losing that much in golfplus he is making money through endorsement deals and through stacked ect. so i wouldnt worry

I'm a little worried that you might be digging yourself into a hole with golf. You make plenty of money playing poker, but is it possible you are spending more on golf than gaining on other areas? It would be really sad if your great poker playing was overshadowed by a gambling problem with golf. Maybe there is no need to worry, but when you don't post totals for golf, it sends up warning flags. Hopefully I'm not out of line, but I think those of us at FCP look up to you as a poker player and do care if things aren't going so well.-MellCongrats on the great poker playing lately!
ya the last time I was looking at DN's financial records I got a bit worried to. Oh Wait ....

As long as he keeps playing against the low-caliber players that he does, I'm sure he'll do alright in the long-run. It'll be bad when he starts challenging Tiger to a heads-up golf match.

man people just don't get it sometimes. He wouldn't lose what he couldn't afford. Just relax. It's just shocking sometimes to think that you just lost a house to the boys on the golf course.Plus again...It's really none of our damn business

I believe Daniel explained that they adjust the handicap after each session so it's hard for anybody to get hurt too bad over the long run - unless you just continually got worse and worse at the game. Of course if the stakes they played for were too high you might get wiped out before the long run happens. However, I doubt that's what the boys are all about out on the course. At their level of gamble I wouldn't be suprised if they got up at times into some friendly 6 figure wagers though. :club:

I am sure Daniel appreciates the concern you have over his bankroll, but he is a big boy and I am guessing he knows what he is doing. He obviously has the bankroll to play what ever stakes he chooses on the links, it might be astronomical sums to most people but obviously within HIS means. Everything is relative, remember guys and gals....he is a gambler and a very smart one, this is his life...not ours.

This is the silliest post I've ever read. If you are really worrying about Daniel betting on golf, you need to get a life -- fast.
Well said. Daniel seems like a nice bloke, but i struggle to worry about anyone who is worth several million dollars.

When I play $20 Nassaus and lose... it drives me nuts! It's not really about the money at all, it's about the competition. Having said that, the amounts I'm playing for now are higher than I'd ever played before. Somewhere in the neighborhood of say, $10,000 a hole or a $25,000 Nassau.

At those limits I can't see you going bust any time soon. The blog seemed to be pointing to much higher stakes. The goal of this thread wasn't to make you tell us what the bets amounts are, but I'm glad you did.Good Luck golfing in the future.

I don't get it...Doyle is seen in a wheelchair regularly on TV. How does he play golf? Is he actually still good?

I don't get it...Doyle is seen in a wheelchair regularly on TV. How does he play golf? Is he actually still good?
I've rarely seen him in a wheelchair...he usually just has a cane doesn't he? Plus, they have carts...so there's hardly any walking.
I've rarely seen him in a wheelchair...he usually just has a cane doesn't he? Plus, they have carts...so there's hardly any walking.
Yeah, wheelchair/cane...regardless he has issues with movement.That's a pretty important factor in golf. Just curious as to how he overcomes it.Is Dolly shootin' from the reds?
Yeah, wheelchair/cane...regardless he has issues with movement.That's a pretty important factor in golf. Just curious as to how he overcomes it.Is Dolly shootin' from the reds?
This will help....from DN's blog May 19:"Barry agreed to give me a stroke a hole, and Doyle gave me five a side. We all played from the white tees except for Doyle. Doyle plays from the red tees and also has a few other stipulations to make things fair. On his second shot, Doyle can tee it up from anywhere. Also, since he has a bad hip, he doesn't have to hit out of the sand. Instead, he drops behind the sand, no closer to the pin."