Cool man. How did you get to know Thunder?
We used to play that evil Magic The Gathering card game together a long time ago in a card shop in Scottsdale called Arizona Collector's Paradise. Ray
nice job- I read the article when I got my copy in the mail. So TK doesn't use any poker tracker software at all?
Nope. I have played many a session with him and he doesn't even have any such software on any of his computers. Nor does his brother Shawn. Shawn even goes so far as to say he thinks it detracts a player's attention from the game to use one.Personally, I love them. I own both Poker tracker and Poker Office and find them invaluable for ring games. That might be a bit of the difference by the way. He rarely plays ring games, preferring to play heads up matches, and I admit I'm not sure how useful tracking software is for headsup play exclusively.Ray

I've downloaded Poker Traker for the free 1,000 hands, just to check it out and see what it can offer. I've exhausted the free 1,000 hands, but I don't know what to make of the numbers, which to interpret and hell, I don't know what the majority even mean.Ray, since you seem to be know "a bit" about it, any chance you could point me in the best direction to decipher my "stats". My stats were accumulated at 6 max NL ring games, if that makes a difference.BTW, great article and I can't wait for the follow ups!

I've downloaded Poker Traker for the free 1,000 hands, just to check it out and see what it can offer. I've exhausted the free 1,000 hands, but I don't know what to make of the numbers, which to interpret and hell, I don't know what the majority even mean.Ray, since you seem to be know "a bit" about it, any chance you could point me in the best direction to decipher my "stats". My stats were accumulated at 6 max NL ring games, if that makes a difference.BTW, great article and I can't wait for the follow ups!
Well, the unfortunate easy answer is that 1000 hands is unlikely to get you very good stats. I think about 10,000 is the minumum if you want to get a feel for what's really going on and pushing through any small variance curves. That being said, have you looked at the Poker Tracker for Beginners post in strategy? No lies, this post was SOLID GOLD for me when I first started using online trackers, and I still reccommend to to everyone I can to this day. Its at here.After you read that, sure, I'll answer what I can.Speedz! Greets! How goes life man?Ray
Well, the unfortunate easy answer is that 1000 hands is unlikely to get you very good stats. I think about 10,000 is the minumum if you want to get a feel for what's really going on and pushing through any small variance curves. That being said, have you looked at the Poker Tracker for Beginners post in strategy? No lies, this post was SOLID GOLD for me when I first started using online trackers, and I still reccommend to to everyone I can to this day. Its at here.After you read that, sure, I'll answer what I can.Speedz! Greets! How goes life man?Ray
Yes I have read that, as well as some of the stuff on 2+2. I guess the main question I have is do the stats listed on Poker Tracker for Beginners apply to both full ring (9-10) and short handed (6) tables?I realize that I need many more thosands of hands to get an accurate idea of where I stand. But who doesn't like to peek at the results early, kinda like opening x-mas presents a few days early.Thanks for the info!
Yes I have read that, as well as some of the stuff on 2+2. I guess the main question I have is do the stats listed on Poker Tracker for Beginners apply to both full ring (9-10) and short handed (6) tables?I realize that I need many more thosands of hands to get an accurate idea of where I stand. But who doesn't like to peek at the results early, kinda like opening x-mas presents a few days early.Thanks for the info!
Personally, I've found the numbers don't change much until you get four handed or shorter, but your mileage may vary and I may just be really effing tight :PRay
Speedz! Greets! How goes life man?
I'm taking this month to try and enjoy Arizona as much as possible...moving back up to miserable cold weather in about four weeks. I don't give a fuck if it's going to be 110 this weekend...I'm sitting by the damn pool if it kills me.You?