A Pair Of Well Played Aces. I Think.

Omaha Hi $1-$1 PL (Real Money), #549,751,465Table Yunghu, 31 May 2006 10:12 PM ETSeat 2: dask66 ($138 in chips)Seat 3: kidCRUSH ($35.25 in chips)Seat 4: Taas_Osu_LoL ($241.30 in chips)Seat 5: losingtrack ($118 in chips)Seat 6: deadmoney21 ($99 in chips)Seat 7: harri142 ($97 in chips)Seat 8: dansheetz ($213.90 in chips)Seat 9: Lil_Petey ($234.60 in chips)Seat 10: scott3705 ($87 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSdeadmoney21 posts blind ($1), harri142 posts blind ($1).PRE-FLOPdansheetz folds, Lil_Petey calls $1, scott3705 calls $1, dask66 bets $6, kidCRUSH folds, Taas_Osu_LoL folds, losingtrack folds, deadmoney21 folds, harri142 folds, Lil_Petey folds, scott3705 bets $20, dask66 calls $15.FLOP [board cards 3C,3D,2S ]scott3705 bets $45, dask66 calls $45.TURN [board cards 3C,3D,2S,6H ]scott3705 bets $21 and is all-in, dask66 calls $21.RIVER [board cards 3C,3D,2S,6H,8H ]scott3705 shows [ AH,7C,7S,AS ]

You are out of position. Just call his preflop raise and keep the pot size down. Against an agro I would check-raise this flop. Against an unknown I'm leading like you did.

You are out of position. Just call his preflop raise and keep the pot size down. Against an agro I would check-raise this flop. Against an unknown I'm leading like you did.
Preflop I'm isolating which improves my hand no?
Preflop I'm isolating which improves my hand no?
yes but if you don't hit either of your sets you're in trouble. its been said in a couple of the other AAxx hands that you should only limp/re-raise if you can get 75% of your stack in pre-flop.if the flop comes down something like KT8 what do you do OOP?i agree with greatwhite, i'd call pre-flop and lead the flop.

These aces were played terribly. If villian called you down with something worse, that just means that he played even worse. I don't quite buy in to the theory that you need to commit 70% of your chips with AA preflop if you're going to reraise (I think that 50-60% is plenty), but here, you're only getting about 1/4 of your chips in and your completely telegraphing your hand.

These aces were played terribly. If villian called you down with something worse, that just means that he played even worse. I don't quite buy in to the theory that you need to commit 70% of your chips with AA preflop if you're going to reraise (I think that 50-60% is plenty), but here, you're only getting about 1/4 of your chips in and your completely telegraphing your hand.
Being OOP on the flop is goign to suck a lot of times. (Def. not on this flop though). But being able to isolate one player in an expensive pot is good no? If the flop comes something nasty, I can bet and get away easily. Yes, I bloated the pot preflop, but I bloated the pot while I was ahead.
Being OOP on the flop is goign to suck a lot of times. (Def. not on this flop though). But being able to isolate one player in an expensive pot is good no? If the flop comes something nasty, I can bet and get away easily. Yes, I bloated the pot preflop, but I bloated the pot while I was ahead.
Don't play much PLO I'm thinking.good luck
Yes, I bloated the pot preflop, but I bloated the pot while I was ahead.
You're never very far ahead pre-flop in Omaha.
but I bloated the pot while I was ahead.
How far do you think you were ahead? This isn't hold'em you know...I think you played it terrible (I'm a newbie, but I still think it ain't right).

I realize I'm never ahead by that much, but I'm still ahead. The other thing that I posed in another thread and haven't gotten an answer about is... PF you have certain equity against another hand for 5 cards, so when we are going to make it an allin on the flop type hand... how much stronger is our equity? (Like the dilemma about getting big draws in on the flop in holdem because most of the time our equity is going to get killed when we see a turn). Against a hand like 7-10DSed, how often are we going to have the best hand on the flop as opposed to on the river?