Good advice there, but are those for first-time deposits only? I'm thinking about taking $200 and making a serious run at building a roll like mentioned in that thread, but I've already made deposits at party and stars before. (And frankly, want to get far away from party as possible)
I think they are for first-time deposits only, but you can avoid Stars and Party and still build your roll on other sites using his advice. I plan on doing this at some point too.

wow, i wish I had seen that post when I started with 50 bucks. I had to grind it out the hard way. Anyway, to the OP, stars is good for a micro bankroll because they offer lots of micro limits. To the poster who said play .02/.05 nl, i disagree with this. The max buy in at these tables is 5 dollars, the same as the .01/.02 tables. I would just max buy at .01/.02 until you have the roll for .05/.10 (about 200 bucks). Of course, this is if you want to play nl cash games.erac

I would save up more than 100 to depo. Then actually play in games that make worthwhile money. Something like a goal to play 25NL online or possibly .5/1 limit.

I would save up more than 100 to depo. Then actually play in games that make worthwhile money. Something like a goal to play 25NL online or possibly .5/1 limit.
I understand your point, but I disagree. When I started playing, it was with 50 bucks at really small stakes where the money wasn't really worth it. But it was worth it to build a roll. I looked at it more like a video game than money, trying to accumulate money so I can move up. I think this fosters the right approach to the game,and desensitizes you to the money. This is, in my opinion, more important in nl cash games than starting out at higher stakes. Just my thoughts.erac
I understand your point, but I disagree. When I started playing, it was with 50 bucks at really small stakes where the money wasn't really worth it. But it was worth it to build a roll. I looked at it more like a video game than money, trying to accumulate money so I can move up. I think this fosters the right approach to the game,and desensitizes you to the money. This is, in my opinion, more important in nl cash games than starting out at higher stakes. Just my thoughts.erac
I definately agree. Nothing worse than playing with scared money. Why put a lot of money on a site when you have never played online, and have no idea how successful you will be? Not too mention you are much more likely to be successful when you play micro-limits, because you are facing more weak players. With success breeds confidence, which is of utmost importance.
Start with 3$ sngs or .02/.05 nl. Or .25/.50 limitIf 100$ isnt that important to you but you want to try and make some money a bit faster. 5$ sngs and .05/.1 nl is still relatively safe.
Wouldn't I need $150 to play .25/.50 limit?
Always be mindful that a bonus is not a good tradeoff for a full PT database.
good advice. depends, however, on the person's confidence level against new people though.seriously, make a run at bonus clearing various Ongame or Prima skins, since on Prima, the players' names don't change, and most of the time on Ongame, that is the same thing.thus, you can accomplish both tasks: bonus clear, and maintain a good PT database.
Any advice on where to start with $100? Small deposit, I know
I would start at someplace that had quite a few low limit offerings, such as .01/.02 and $1 sit n gos. One good place for that is Doyle's Room. They offer up nice low limit selection for your bankroll building pleasure. I agree that Party is not the place to do it as the low limit selection there is terrible.